Albion Rovers v Airdrie

Back to the game, I hope we start how we finished last week and I'm going bold for a 3-1 win to Airdrie.Was thinking 2-0 but Rovers will get stuck in and get chances but still think there'll be 2 goals in it to us.

Called it! :-)

Great performance by all today. The effort and work rate was superb. Goes to show just how important confidence is in a team. Players running at defenders, taking people on and moving well off the ball.

Same again against Ayr please!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cox being lucky to be kept on the park.....heard there's been a direct apology for "trying to get u sent off cause we were 2-0 down" disappointed airdrie fans are quick to second guess what happened from the opposite end of the pitch.

FF seems to like Airdrie's Cox.

Totally deserved win for Airdrie. Rovers played some decent stuff especially in the first half but if you defend like that there is only one outcome. Things might have been different if we had taken one of our chances before half time - but again the majority of our final balls wasn't good enough and Airdrie looked dangerous on the break.

Despite our early second half goal you could write the script , Airdrie were getting stronger as we tired. Mullin was our best player while I was disappointed in Willis who had plenty of the ball.

We walked to the game talking to Airdrie fans before and after absolutely no problem.

Yup, spot on. The Dunlop's were the main culprits for the goals although I do think our young goalkeeper could have reacted quicker in both situations. I actually thought Willis played well first half but faded out thereafter as many did, most notably our manager who was blowing out his arse from 4.20pm as per usual; bring back Sandy Clark and his 'sub the manager' policy, I say

As for segregation, the only problem I have with it was the reaction of Rovers fans to the announcement of being kept back for a couple of minutes. Around 50% left immediately, at a time when a Rovers goal (though unlikely) would have led to a grandstand finish. Lo and behold, it was all unnecessary as the Police turned up in numbers and monitored both sets of fans leaving together, so I really don't get what the bedwetters on Pravda are making a fuss about. There seems to be quite a bit of demonisation of Airdrie fans based on previous incidents, at a time when both Supporters Trusts are trying to work to improve that.

Yup, spot on. The Dunlop's were the main culprits for the goals although I do think our young goalkeeper could have reacted quicker in both situations. I actually thought Willis played well first half but faded out thereafter as many did, most notably our manager who was blowing out his arse from 4.20pm as per usual; bring back Sandy Clark and his 'sub the manager' policy, I say

As for segregation, the only problem I have with it was the reaction of Rovers fans to the announcement of being kept back for a couple of minutes. Around 50% left immediately, at a time when a Rovers goal (though unlikely) would have led to a grandstand finish. Lo and behold, it was all unnecessary as the Police turned up in numbers and monitored both sets of fans leaving together, so I really don't get what the bedwetters on Pravda are making a fuss about. There seems to be quite a bit of demonisation of Airdrie fans based on previous incidents, at a time when both Supporters Trusts are trying to work to improve that.

This is a good post. Most Rovers fans on here seem sensible blokes.....what is it with everyone on that board ? Notably the invitation to the kids parties that both Trusts' tried to organise got hardly any response, yet everyone is wetting their knickers at the thought of a fight that never happened. We're not that bad ! Credit to the Rovers fan who brought his two kids along to the pre match party - they had a great time and were made most welcome. Was good to see the kids mixing no problem.

The voice of reason, as always, Snuffy. In the ground, though, the Police were conspicuous by their absence, the supervision of the boisterous fans on the new terrace left to a handful of visivests. I enjoyed hurling abuse at wee Cox yesterday all the time wishing he played for us.

This is a good post. Most Rovers fans on here seem sensible blokes.....what is it with everyone on that board ?

I'm probably not the guy to answer that having stopped posting there about five years back due to howlingly poor moderation and a 'cover your mates back, regardless' policy. But, yeah, it does seem to be a haven of over-reaction at times, with the best posters being those who also post over here (Tee, Vodka Vic/Bucky etc.)

Notably the invitation to the kids parties that both Trusts' tried to organise got hardly any response, yet everyone is wetting their knickers at the thought of a fight that never happened. We're not that bad ! Credit to the Rovers fan who brought his two kids along to the pre match party - they had a great time and were made most welcome. Was good to see the kids mixing no problem.

Ah! I feel bad about choosing the Dons v Celtic game over taking my youngest boy along to the party. Had I known so few Rovers fans would go, I would definitely have made an effort. My boy was the ball boy on the stand side (the one who spends most of his time blethering to the crowd, sometimes whilst oblivious to the ball!) and he said the families on the Airdrie side were talking away to him and having a laugh; he certainly doesn't know anything about the automatic 'Airdrie = Bad' attitude that some Rovers fans have.

The above all said, there has been pish from Airdrie fans in the past, most notably vandalising the park the night before a game about four years ago (and yes, I have heard all the joke about it being impossible to vandalise a dump), and a spot of pugilism caused by poor stewarding a bit further back. However, we really need to move beyond that and the Trust work is a really good start along that road.

In the ground, though, the Police were conspicuous by their absence, the supervision of the boisterous fans on the new terrace left to a handful of visivests.

Does it really need more than visivests for a bit of boisterousness, especially given how much Police attendance costs? Basically, the Police were there at the end to make sure that there was a peaceful transition back to their domain, having had no role in the ground.

I enjoyed hurling abuse at wee Cox yesterday all the time wishing he played for us.

I'd have him in a heartbeat, always admired him a a player since his Annan days. A snarling wee moaner, much like our own Mr Love, with a work rate to match

The voice of reason, as always, Snuffy. In the ground, though, the Police were conspicuous by their absence, the supervision of the boisterous fans on the new terrace left to a handful of visivests. I enjoyed hurling abuse at wee Cox yesterday all the time wishing he played for us.

There wasn't really any need for police albeit six were in the ground at the top of the stairs in the away end. The only "trouble" that I can think the posters on the Rovers board are talking about was caused of the club's own volition, with really poor barriers and hoardings compounded with horrendous and officious stewards who wanted to eject any fans who pushed over the flimsy boards.

Good post Aloysius.The Airdrie Trust try to welcome all young fans to their events regardless of team and it was good to see the young rovers fan proudly wearing his strip in the photos on the trust site taken from the bowling club event The fans have a lot in common trying to support their clubs in the enviroment we live in with old firm doninating and having the majority of fans.

I'm probably not the guy to answer that having stopped posting there about five years back due to howlingly poor moderation and a 'cover your mates back, regardless' policy. But, yeah, it does seem to be a haven of over-reaction at times, with the best posters being those who also post over here (Tee, Vodka Vic/Bucky etc.)

Ah! I feel bad about choosing the Dons v Celtic game over taking my youngest boy along to the party. Had I known so few Rovers fans would go, I would definitely have made an effort. My boy was the ball boy on the stand side (the one who spends most of his time blethering to the crowd, sometimes whilst oblivious to the ball!) and he said the families on the Airdrie side were talking away to him and having a laugh; he certainly doesn't know anything about the automatic 'Airdrie = Bad' attitude that some Rovers fans have.

The above all said, there has been pish from Airdrie fans in the past, most notably vandalising the park the night before a game about four years ago (and yes, I have heard all the joke about it being impossible to vandalise a dump), and a spot of pugilism caused by poor stewarding a bit further back. However, we really need to move beyond that and the Trust work is a really good start along that road.

Is your wee lad the one with the glasses? If so, what a wee character. Was blethering away.

Archived