Albion Rovers v Airdrie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to get shape of team right !! Wouldn't tinker with it too much from last week ! Mcaleer since coming into the team has given us something different cox work rate is amazing and with his goal last week hopefully he can kick on ! Prunty still looks a wee bit of the pace but Mr airdrie will come good ! Hopefully the back four will be unchanged !!! And if GB can get the same impact from the subs when used ! Should stand us in good stead !! Sadly won't make the game today prior engagement !! But lets do this

You love a good exclamation mark don't you!!!!!!!!!!

Full stops are an excellent alternative. ????

Back to the game, I hope we start how we finished last week and I'm going bold for a 3-1 win to Airdrie. Was thinking 2-0 but Rovers will get stuck in and get chances but still think there'll be 2 goals in it to us.

Looking like a good prediction at this stage, 'mon the diamonds, just a point from top now!

Great game. Really enjoyed it. Good performances all round, especially big Morgan & Cox. McAleer and Fitzpatrick changed the game when they came on too. 3-1 a fair result although should've been 4 when the keeper dropped the ball into the net, so much so that Flashscores sent me a notification to say Airdrie had scored.

Albion Rovers looked okay at best. Their defence looked horrible when Morgan stretched his legs and with the wingers running at them too.

New terrace is a good addition to Cliftonhill but ultimately the ground is still a dump.

To be fair to Rovers, they had a few chances in the first half - Parry had a great save and they hit the post but ultimately we were too strong and on another day could have scored a couple more. Overall, a good performance. On another note, what bright spark thought that the cardboard hoardings would work?

Montyfuck lads, nearly two hours since the final whistle and no stories of Rovers fans being threatened with lukewarm pastry goods? No tales of disabled supporters being harangued by drunken buffoons? No anecdotes of one handed salutes being disguised as friendly waves?

#AMF

Disappointing today, Airdrie worthy of the win. Started brightly enough but switched off when Airdrie took a quick free kick to go one up. Their second goal again from a free kick from the opposite wing, was never a free kick but you still have to get on with it and defend these things - we didn't. We probably enjoyed the vast majority of the first half, Alan Reid finding himself in acres of space on the right a number of times but a combination of poor crosses and no bite up front made for a frustrating afternoon.

Second half started very promisingly with the gaffer blasting home from the restart, then we practically switched off. For the rest of the game they were happy to keep the ball and looked dangerous every time they came forward. Their big number 10 had a great game. With regards to the goal that never was, even from the opposite end of the ground, my mate and I could both tell it was a goal, I was amazed it wasn't given. Still not surprising, the ref had a shocker, Airdries number 9 should have been sent off in the first half for a blatant stamp on a rovers player who was lying on his back at the time. Although that same player took the 3rd goal very well. We took Love off for McBride and Gemmell also made an appearance but both were pretty ineffective, Gemmell had a brilliant chance at the death to pull a goal back but Parry saved well.

All in all disappointing from a Rovers point of view but a good atmosphere around the ground, Airdrie fans the first to christen the new terracing with advertising boards seeming to be made out of paper mache. Did you enjoy the portaloos?

Montyfuck lads, nearly two hours since the final whistle and no stories of Rovers fans being threatened with lukewarm pastry goods? No tales of disabled supporters being harangued by drunken buffoons? No anecdotes of one handed salutes being disguised as friendly waves?

#AMF

Try here ...

http://excoboard.com/arfc/136748/2009421

47a1d8a907b9b68af133fbf155fc37f534380555

Can't see the new terracing being open next home game, hoarding frames are not safety barriers which was blatantly obvious when they collapsed twice could have caused some injuries if they weren't all steaming. Think it'll be in the match report.

Morgan had his best game and at one point even won a header, Hunter started well but drifted away later, Cox took his goal well, but I hope his injury wasn't caused by his knee slide afterwards.

Wee mention for McAleer, really played out of his skin and gave us width, strange Bollan doesn't seem to rate him.

Can't see the new terracing being open next home game, hoarding frames are not safety barriers which was blatantly obvious when they collapsed twice could have caused some injuries if they weren't all steaming. Think it'll be in the match report.

Morgan had his best game and at one point even won a header, Hunter started well but drifted away later, Cox took his goal well, but I hope his injury wasn't caused by his knee slide afterwards.

Wee mention for McAleer, really played out of his skin and gave us width, strange Bollan doesn't seem to rate him.

He signed him despite him rejecting us last season and then having a rotten year in the league below, so he clearly does rate him.

We were poor in the first half and didn't deserve to go in 2-0 up. This was mainly down to playing a central 3 in midfield allowing Rovers to stroll up the right wing to about 18 yards out unchallenged and then put the ball into the box. Thankfully their delivery was pretty awful. Bollan changed it at half time and from about 50-55 minutes onwards we were by far the better team and could have scored a couple more. When we actually got the ball down and passed it rather than lumping it up the park we were far superior. Thought Fitzpatrick was excellent when he came on, wins a lot of second balls in the midfield and we look more solid with him there. We're gradually getting better, 2 toughest games of the season coming up though, they'll probably show us whether we should be aiming just for the play-offs or higher.

Some of the pictures as a out come of the cardboard barriers are quick funny but as said could have bein a diffrant out come if some one got a sore one .Dont think they will be open till it's sorted .

He seems be useing the correct subs for each game as they have all had an impact off the bench agree mcAleer should get more of a look in but if we keep winning a dnt realy care who he plays and who's the subs

I didn't think we'd get anything from this one and we got what our play deserved. Seven points and seventh place is a reasonable position. We'll be looking to return from Stranraer with something as I think the present bottom four will be the eventual bottom four.

Archived