Sign in to follow this  
Evil Jim Fenner

Albion Rovers v Airdrie

Looking forward to this. Should be a good game and will be different standing in the new terracing.

How much is it to get in?

Score draw.

For the Rovers fans on here.....is the new terracing open yet?

Will only be open on Saturday if the mass ML5 rain dance is successful ;)

Not sure how this will go, but our home record is good so far and we got our first away point last Saturday, so hope springs eternal.

For the Rovers fans on here.....is the new terracing open yet?

This is usually where I'd make a smart remark about the new stand offering the worst view in Scottish football. But that accolade has been taken by Scotland's national stadium:

_85425514_daly_pic.jpg

I take it all back!

Turning to matters on the pitch, a home win is very possible but 8 points out of 18 would be a positive start to our season and I'd settle for that. If we manage to rack up wins, draws and losses in equal measure over the season, we'll stay up.

Monklands big team to go beat the wee team 2-1 whilst opening their new terracing.

ML5 is a dive. :P

I'm hoping to get up for the game on Saturday

This may sound like a stupid question but will i get in ok (thought given small capacity the game might have been al ticket)

Second question-where near the ground can i get a decent pint of real ale

I'm hoping to get up for the game on Saturday

This may sound like a stupid question but will i get in ok (thought given small capacity the game might have been al ticket)

Second question-where near the ground can i get a decent pint of real ale

Not all ticket will be ok

Second answer there is a weatherspoons about a 5 10 minute walk from the ground the Vulcan

It won the camra Lanarkshire pub of the year or a wee bit further away there is the St. Andrews bar just along from sunny side station that does nice ales too

Turning to matters on the pitch, a home win is very possible but 8 points out of 18 would be a positive start to our season and I'd settle for that. If we manage to rack up wins, draws and losses in equal measure over the season, we'll stay up.

48 points would put us in promotion contention!

In a league where everyone drops points to everyone, I suppose it could.

I predict that this season 48 points would see a team to a comfortable 6th or 7th, but I expect ARFC to finish on something closer to 36 points. (I had previously predicted 27 but so far things look more optimistic than they did a few months ago.)