St Johnstone v Hamilton Academical 12/9/15

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if 101 Saint realises that most people don't dislike Lomas because of his management skills, but rather because of his awful personality and his penchant for sexually harassing receptionists.

I think 101 was that receptionist.

We looked great in an attacking sense today. Our passing movement was really fluid at times, and you could see the confidence growing with each goal we scored.

It was an interesting first-half, as I wouldn't have said that we were particularly dominant in general play. We sat back a bit too much for my liking, but there's no denying that we counter-attacked very well and made the most of Hamilton's defensive frailties. Hamilton weren't actually that bad. They passed the ball around well, but rarely threatened us.

Fisher had a decent debut, playing a role in our first two goals. At other times, he looked nervy and his first touch was a bit clumsy. I saw enough there to feel positive about his potential contribution this season.

Spoony played with fire in his belly today. O'Halloran put in a good performance again, providing another assist. It was excellent to see Liam Craig scoring his first return goal for Saints, and I thought he did pretty well on the whole. MotM was Steven MacLean, quite deservedly, after 3 goals and an assist. Brilliant performance.

It was a shame to concede a goal. When you're playing with such attacking swagger and finesse, you sometimes have to sacrifice your defensive duties. As long as we keep scoring more goals than the opposition, I'll be happy.

Andrew Dallas :lol:

Woeful :lol:

I didn't see that coming to be honest! Brilliant to see Maclean back to his pre-injury best. His general play was excellent, but to get a hat trick... Ooft. Superb.

Thought we started off ok, although Hamilton appeared to be deprived of what looked like a stonewall penalty and red card in the first couple of minutes. I thought Easton both pulled back and tripped the striker running through. No idea why it wasn't given - I'll need to see it again.

After that, we lost a bit of momentum and sat back a bit too much for my liking, until the introduction of Liam Craig. That balanced the midfield, brought the absolutely excellent Wotherspoon into the game and we didn't look back after that. Some excellent play for the 1st and 3rd goals up the right hand side, and the 4th was a well worked short free kick between Craig and Wotherspoon, a decent cross which Cummins did well to keep alive and Maclean got a toe on it to finish.

Very disappointed that we lost a late goal, also a bit disappointed that Thomson didn't get a bit longer than 12 or 13 minutes, considering we were 4-0 and cruising for most of the second half.

Still, that's the best we've played in an attacking sense in a very long time. Dare I say it - we looked clinical in front of goal :o

Hamilton's defence was laughably shite.

Thought we started off ok, although Hamilton appeared to be deprived of what looked like a stonewall penalty and red card in the first couple of minutes. I thought Easton both pulled back and tripped the striker running through. No idea why it wasn't given - I'll need to see it again.

Agreed. But having said that, we should have had a free-kick just before that. Dallas had a nightmare.

Probably one of the worst refereeing 'performances' I have ever seen.

Booking Gillespie after a minute set the tone. When the exact same ball obstruction took place later in the game by a St Johnstone player, the play wasn't even stopped.

Hamilton done it again in the second half, and he didnt even bother to stop the play, Easton was then hauled to the ground right in front of him and got a free kick against him :lol:

As for horror tackles MacKinnon had a naughty one on MacLean early on, where he stamped his studs at him

Hamilton done it again in the second half, and he didnt even bother to stop the play, Easton was then hauled to the ground right in front of him and got a free kick against him :lol:

As for horror tackles MacKinnon had a naughty one on MacLean early on, where he stamped his studs at him

That was absurd. Easton was fouled about four separate times after the boy blocked the quick free kick. Easton then gets backed right in to him to shield the ball and he is penalised. Dallas is clueless.

That was absurd. Easton was fouled about four separate times after the boy blocked the quick free kick. Easton then gets backed right in to him to shield the ball and he is penalised. Dallas is clueless.

It was surreal, never seen anything like it

He actually been a rock for us the last 3 games but he was woeful today, TBF though a few of our players had stinkers.

Really? I thought he looked the worst professional footballer I've seen for about 20 years.

Thought Hamilton edged the first half until we scored and then I've never seen a defence collapse so badly. It almost takes the edge of a fine win, because you start to wonder if it was just Hamilton gifting it to us.

Impressed by how few Accies fans disappeared at 4-0. If they were Hibs or Rangers fans they wouldn't have been there for the second half.

Really? I thought he looked the worst professional footballer I've seen for about 20 years.

Thought Hamilton edged the first half until we scored and then I've never seen a defence collapse so badly. It almost takes the edge of a fine win, because you start to wonder if it was just Hamilton gifting it to us.

Impressed by how few Accies fans disappeared at 4-0. If they were Hibs or Rangers fans they wouldn't have been there for the second half.

Thnx, bbz x

TBF they likely only stayed to watch the scintillating football on show from us, doubt they see it very often

Lucas, the big 44, has indeed been immense for us, especially at NDP. However, Raith fans were also laughing about how bad he was recently too. Maybe Canning or Devlin when fit should play in the away games, Lucas obviously likes the Hamilton air.

Archived