St Johnstone v Hamilton Academical 12/9/15

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt have the angle to comment on the penalty claim but thought Fisher was maybe fortunate to remain on the park for the challenge on the left back. Was expecting the red card to come out.

After a flat first 20 minutes where Accies seemed to have the initiative, I couldn't see the result coming but getting the second goal so quickly was obviously pivotal. Fairly comfortable after that unsurprisingly.

When Accies are at home and the midfield is dominant there is very little pressure on the defence. In away games the opposition tend to get on top of our midfield and when our defence come under pressure they are very poor. Kurakins pushes too far up and can't get back, Tena is slow and Lucas for all his power in the air is easily beaten on the deck. Canning will soon have to play and I would move Ziggy into the middle and play Lyon at right back.

no about 5 seconds before the accies stonewaller

Yeah that was a farce too, shoved over yards in front of the ref and nothing given :lol: Bad day all round for Dallas

Watching the highlights on delay and just seen the first goal. Even with his hat trick Maclean's best moment is the ball for Craig for his goal. So clever and inventive with the obvious option being across goal for Cummins. Reminded me of him at his best during the Stevie May season. Good penalty too- I was a little apprehensive when he stepped up due to his previous misses for us from the spot.

The penalty shout in the second half? Not seen it yet, but it looked a stonewaller at the time too

It wasn't and he was lucky not get booked. Frustrating because had players free in the box had he stayed on his feet.

Think Cummins has been a big part of Macleans form; he does a lot of the thankless stuff. Glad to see MacLean getting it up those of us who were daft enough to write him off at the end of last season though.....

It wasn't and he was lucky not get booked. Frustrating because had players free in the box had he stayed on his feet.

Think Cummins has been a big part of Macleans form; he does a lot of the thankless stuff. Glad to see MacLean getting it up those of us who were daft enough to write him off at the end of last season though.....

I was in the Ormond right in front of that. It was an absolutely clear foul and there was no chance he could ride the tackle. The boy intentionally took him down. It was outside the box though.

To be fair to St Johnstone they are always a threat when McLean is fit. Accies have a poor defence but will get away with it most weeks as there are a lot of teams with poor attacks. We have had three clean sheets at home this season not rocket science to work out two were against Partick and Dundee Utd.

Billy McKay could improve Utd but he was a massive flop at Wigan and when strikers lose confidence it isn't easy to get it back especially when you are under pressure to get goals.

I agree regarding Cummins and Maclean. They're actually similar players, but they seem to know where each other are at all times. Maclean's through ball for Cummins in the first couple of minutes is a perfect example of that, especially as Maclean kind of hooked that over the top without looking. Cummins' knock down for Maclean's hat trick goal was perfect too.

Encouraging thing for us is that we weren't really at our best, but we realistically could've got 2 or 3 more goals. Fingers crossed that goal gives Liam the boost he's been needing since re-signing for us. His confidence looked shot in the first few matches, but he took his goal incredibly well and put in the cross for the 4th goal too.

The encouraging thing about Cummins for me is he's getting chances to score and testing keepers/hitting goal frames. More than that he's laying goals on a plate of MacLean which means he's not all about himself. Not like a Graham was.

Is it just me, or has Maclean picked up a yard of pace over the summer too? Tail end of last season he looked completely immobile, not so on Saturday!

Probably just confidence that his knee isn't going to fall apart to be honest.

Archived