St Johnstone v Hamilton Academical 12/9/15

Back to business on Saturday, and we'll be looking to build on our three home performances this season, where we're unbeaten in the league. I suspect Accies will be our toughest home test so far.

Big question is how our defence plays. We look capable of creating chances against anyone. But we're also capable of shooting ourselves in the foot.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDiarmid Park hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us over the years, although we did manage a win there last season. A draw would be a decent result to extend our recent good run of form. No need to change a winning formula so the same starting line-up as the last few games. Not sure if the new boys or Redmond are fit enough yet to be added to the squad but would be an added bonus if they are. I'll go for an entertaining 2-2 draw (Morris & Crawford netting for us)

I think Hamilton were the only team we didn't manage a league win over last season. I actually felt both teams played better in the respective away games - although we lost 1-0 at the start of last season at NDP, I felt we deserved at least a point. We also lost 1-0 at McDiarmid Park just after new year and that should've been a more comfortable score line for Accies. Whilst we fell behind in the game just before the split, I thought we possibly did enough to sneak a win that time round.

Can only hope Steven Anderson is fit for this game. He will certainly help to stabilise the defence which has really struggled in his absence. Going forward we're doing away fine.

Anderson is due to play for u20s tomorrow so you would hope he would be available for Saturday.

Mannus

Shaunassey Anderson Mackay Easton

Millar Davidson

O'Hallaron MacLean Wotherspoon

Cummins

Still feel we are short of attacking options. Only question mark is if Wright will maybe start Fischer right back as I assume he was signed to get forward more than the other options there.

Anderson is due to play for u20s tomorrow so you would hope he would be available for Saturday.

Mannus

Shaunassey Anderson Mackay Easton

Millar Davidson

O'Hallaron MacLean Wotherspoon

Cummins

Still feel we are short of attacking options. Only question mark is if Wright will maybe start Fischer right back as I assume he was signed to get forward more than the other options there.

That would probably be my team of choice too. Wouldn't be devastated to see Liam, Sutton or Kane start. If Lappin is anywhere near the starting 11, I'll just go back on the train and head home, the shark will be well and truly jumped. I agree that we appear short of attacking options, but in addition to those listed above, we also have Caddis signed up. We've certainly got options in attacking areas, it's just a pity that two of them (I'm looking at you, Lappin and Caddis) just aren't up to the standard required.

Fisher seems to be an attacking full back with a fair bit of pace. I think he'd be better with someone more like Wotherspoon, who tends to look for the pass, rather than O'Halloran who is more of a head down and run kind of guy. I think Shaughnessy is a better match for MOH just now as he looks happier to sit back and defend, occasionally providing support when required.

The left is a bit of a clusterfuck. Easton is nailed on at left back and he's a very good player at this level. Lappin is poo pants, Craig drifts inside too much and doesn't have the pace to get back in time to support Easton and Wotherspoon/O'Halloran are both clearly better on the right.

Wotherspoon looked ok playing from the left against Motherwell. It was only a sub appearance however.

I personally would be surprised if any free agent left wingers come in now though.

Might be January now to be honest. Once Lappin and possibly Caddis leave the club in January by 'mutual consent' we might see a left winger then I suppose!

Might be January now to be honest. Once Lappin and possibly Caddis leave the club in January by 'mutual consent' we might see a left winger then I suppose!

Let's hope so. Lappin has been embarrassingly poor and Caddis has failed to fulfil his potential.

Hopefully keep our run going here! It'll most likely be the same team as the last 3 away games as there's really no need to change it. I always like going to McDiarmid Park too for some reason despite it always seeming to be cold.

Agree with the line ups above, Anderson for Scobbie is a must. Wouldnt be adverse to seeing Craig on the left ahead of Wotherspoon either, but would be happy with either.

No idea what Hamilton are like this season tbh, not really been paying attention to them amongst all our own problems, so theres no point trying to predict things. We really need to start winning games though, and especially the home ones.

Scobbie played well at Celtic Park, so expect he'll keep his place. I have no trust in him but don't expect him to drop out this weekend. Hamilton had our measure last season and we've been poor after international breaks so it's hard to have too much confidence.

Scobbie played well at Celtic Park, so expect he'll keep his place. I have no trust in him but don't expect him to drop out this weekend. Hamilton had our measure last season and we've been poor after international breaks so it's hard to have too much confidence.

Not sure where Scobbie fits in, to be honest. You'd assume Anderson and MacKay are stick on starters after Anderson came through last night.

You know what, this would be as good a game as any to give Craig Thomson a chance in, he certainly deserves it

Dont expect to see Thomson in the first team anytime soon. At a Meet The Managers night a few weeks ago, Tommy Wright said that Thomson still has a lot to learn and needs to show a lot more consistency.

Dont expect to see Thomson in the first team anytime soon. At a Meet The Managers night a few weeks ago, Tommy Wright said that Thomson still has a lot to learn and needs to show a lot more consistency.

See that annoys the shit out me, hows he meant to learn when hes not playing at a level that'll teach him? Its this inability to take a risk on a youngster thats seen Caddis' career completely stall, and its starting to go that way with Kane , we waste potential

Archived