Kings of Fife v 2nd team in Ayrshire

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Pars fans on here having a bit of a nightmare. Yeah, there were a few shocking challenges but we really need to rise above this sh1te every week and make our supposed quality count. Spoke to Josh yesterday in Anstruther & a nicer guy you couldn't meet. I really don't know what he does on the pitch to wind up opposition players because there's absolutely no doubt he's targeted in every game like he was by Ayrs' No 8. There were at least 3 decidedly iffy challenges on him in the first half alone that could've been red cards but for some reason the ref ignored them. The challenge on Fordyce had me in an absolute rage at the time, but doesn't look anyway near as bad on video.

However that doesn't get away from the fact that we lost 2 pretty poor goals & with big Calum out now we are going to have to take the chances that we create in every game because we are now a bit short at the back.

There was nothing much in the game IMO, Ayr look good on the counter but certainly aren't the world beaters their fans have been painting them out since ten to five on Saturday although you can't blame them for lording it up after some of the sh1te some of our lot posted before the game. The good thing is it looks like there are 3 or 4 teams capable of taking points off each other at the top, Airdrie v Ayr next Saturday for example.

Roll on Saturday at Ochilview, hopefully back to the top at ten to five.

Well played Ayr, COYP!

I thought Ayr got their game plan perfect for saturday.

Our midfield never got any time on the ball and they have 2 very decent forwards that were pressing the defence all the time.

Both teams could have won but Flemming made 2 good saves and 2 blocks on his goal line. It just wasn't our day.

Regarding the tackles, the one on Falkingham should have been a red card. It was a dangerous tackle to make.

Imo the Fordyce tackle was an accident. His first touch was poor and the Ayr player was going full pelt to get the ball and did touch it. I hope Fordyce makes a speedy recovery as he has been a stand out this season.

The elbow on BRE didn't look a red as the Ayr guy was using his arms to jump higher.

Some Pars fans on here having a bit of a nightmare. Yeah, there were a few shocking challenges but we really need to rise above this sh1te every week and make our supposed quality count. Spoke to Josh yesterday in Anstruther & a nicer guy you couldn't meet. I really don't know what he does on the pitch to wind up opposition players because there's absolutely no doubt he's targeted in every game like he was by Ayrs' No 8. There were at least 3 decidedly iffy challenges on him in the first half alone that could've been red cards but for some reason the ref ignored them. The challenge on Fordyce had me in an absolute rage at the time, but doesn't look anyway near as bad on video.

However that doesn't get away from the fact that we lost 2 pretty poor goals & with big Calum out now we are going to have to take the chances that we create in every game because we are now a bit short at the back.

There was nothing much in the game IMO, Ayr look good on the counter but certainly aren't the world beaters their fans have been painting them out since ten to five on Saturday although you can't blame them for lording it up after some of the sh1te some of our lot posted before the game. The good thing is it looks like there are 3 or 4 teams capable of taking points off each other at the top, Airdrie v Ayr next Saturday for example.

Well played Ayr, COYP!

There are some good points in your post but I don't agree that the first goal was a poor goal.

There are some good points in your post but I don't agree that the first goal was a poor goal.

What DAFC said. It was a neat flick by your striker to put Forrest through but poor from BRE to dive in like that.

Even though some folk think we were pish on the day I still think that we had enough chances to get at least a point. Even heard some people say we were as bad as last season which is just ridiculous.

The good thing is it looks like there are 3 or 4 teams capable of taking points off each other at the top, Airdrie v Ayr next Saturday for example.

Exactly. We lost to Peterhead then replied with wins over Dundee, Stranraer and Forfar. We've won our previous four home games this season by an aggregate of 18-4. Good result (and probably overdue) for Ayr. A point off the top with the best goal difference and still in all the cups is not too bad going so far.

well, just watched the Pars highlights which actually included all the key moments in the game and saw three straight reds (tackle on falky, tack on fordyce and the elbow in the pus on fordyce), an obvious foul on the keeper for the second, 2 blatant handballs in the box, sadly neither highlights included the elbow in the pus on BRE in the box (another penalty and red card).

Just watched Dunfermlines highlights, bar Devlins tackle, none were close to being red cards. Adams first "apparent" elbow was him trying to elevate himself and the second is just a coming together. Fordyce incident is just unfortunate and hopefully he isn't out too long. 2nd goal the keeper has to be stronger and the penalty claims aren't conclusive in the highlight packages.

Well played Ayr, COYP!

Outstanding post.

Perfectly balanced (something this thread has lacked). Still, if we were all reasonable and balanced this forum would be a lot less entertaining (so long live the Messiah).

Archived