St Mirren v Falkirk

Well that is his job :P. He's a great keeper. Can't believe we signed him and Webster.

I thought Falkirk got away with one against Dumbarton with the goal that was disallowed for a foul on the defender.

Hopefully this Langfield will turn up........cracking free kick btw

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we handle the little dude on loan from Celtic we will do ok.

We are hard to beat and the poster who think St.Mirren will win 3-0 is way off the mark. We may lose but it would be by the odd goal I guess.

With the best part of two weeks off we should have a full squad to choose from. As long as Kerr, Watson and Grant are fit I think we will get something. Could be a 0-0.

Mine was a guess also.

Assuming everyone is fit, I think Houstie will stick with the 4-2-3-1 that's been so successful in the last couple of away matches.

Rogers

Vaulks Watson Grant Leahy

Taiwo Kerr

Smith Sibbald Alston

McHugh

Subs: Bowman, Duffie, Muirhead, Cooper, Blair, Miller, Baird

Personally I prefer 2 up front at all times, but it's hard to deny the formation suits the players we have available to us. I'd keep Vaulks at RB. Him, Taiwo and Kerr all in midfield is overkill imo. The fact there's no space on the bench for McCracken, Sinnamon, Shepherd or the new french striker (if he signs in time) shows we have a decent depth to the squad this season.

Pleasantly surprised to see us sitting second with a game in hand.

Hope St Mirren have been practicing their corners, other than a foul on the keeper at Livingston, it's the only way our defence has been breached in four matches.

St Mirren had a good result on Saturday down in Dumfries whilst we've turned in promising performances in our last 3 (well, 2 and 1/3) matches.

I can see a pretty uneventful draw here, perhaps 1-1.

ps anything less than a 4000 crowd for this will be a piss poor effort by the St Mirren support :P

Is there not 2 Teams playing?

If there are 3000 fans there, that is a great effort by both sets of fans.

The standard of officials in the top league is bad but I am pretty shocked how poor they are in this league. 10 times worse.

Don't think Iv seen 1 ref play advantage at any point . The linesmen struggle to keep up with play.

Yep.

The referees also change in quality for the TV games.

Pedro I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

It was. Kicked the ball from Paul Gallacher as he was going to punt it and put it in- Craig Thomson ruled it out. Think that was the same game as the Higgy 40 yarder - he had another one ruled out for handball.

Remember Jack Ross conceding a penalty for handling the ball as he was standing at the post but the referee deemed it to be going past so just a booking!

Had some great games with Falkirk to be fair in the past- the game we saved ourselves with Dorman and Mehmet scoring was the best of the bunch. Mehmet used to get dogs abuse at Falkirk!

It was. Kicked the ball from Paul Gallacher as he was going to punt it and put it in- Craig Thomson ruled it out. Think that was the same game as the Higgy 40 yarder - he had another one ruled out for handball.

Remember Jack Ross conceding a penalty for handling the ball as he was standing at the post but the referee deemed it to be going past so just a booking!

Had some great games with Falkirk to be fair in the past- the game we saved ourselves with Dorman and Mehmet scoring was the best of the bunch. Mehmet used to get dogs abuse at Falkirk!

I forgot just how many Falkirk cast offs Smurn used to have on their payroll! None there now?

It was. Kicked the ball from Paul Gallacher as he was going to punt it and put it in- Craig Thomson ruled it out.

Falkirk fans were spewing.

Gallagher threw the ball down to kick it and Pedro said thank you very much.

If I remember correctly I was convinced at the time that Thomson hadn't even seen it.

He just assumed what happened

The original P and B derby... Been a while. Since Steven ' we will not be relegated ' Pressley. Ah, the days of yore.

Our home form has been hopeless. Two losses and a draw against Championship opponents in Paisley this season, and they were Livi and Dumbarton. Goes without saying that that needs to improve drastically if we are going to get in the top 4.

Seem to remember that particularly annoying as it was five minutes from the end and would have been our first win at the new ground.

Pedro's mazy run & goal a la Ricky Villa in a 1-0 win was a Love St favourite of mine; a bit worried only Sibbald in the current team seems capable of that sort of moment...

Pity StM's slow start hadn't gone on a bit longer - at least until after Saturday, but another couple of months would've been ideal - as that was a great result for them at Palmerston. Will be surprised if we win, would take the draw right now.

Having played both Falkirk and St Mirren, the Bairns were comfortably the better team against Morton than Saints. We should have won comfortably against St Mirren and would have but for Langfield. Against Falkirk the teams had a half each of superiority and a draw was about right in the end. Saints have made a couple of signings and appear to be playing a bit better.

1-1 draw.

Archived