St Mirren v Falkirk

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Kerr was on a booking after several fouls then completely flattened goody you didn't think he was going to get a 2nd yellow? Obviously Houston did as he straight away subbed him.

Highlights up on FFC TV.... Kerr foul on Goodwin is on there, its not even a booking, a foul but never a 2nd booking....if anything, Kerr bounces off Goodwin

Langfield save from Sibbald doesnt look as impressive as I thot it was, it was still a good save but from the front angle, was a good height for Langfield.

Other than that, the obvious ones with the penalty, Taiwo with his back to goal, crazy foul, great play from Sibbald leading to the winner and our defence throwing bodies in front of St Mirren attempts in the 2nd half.

All in all, good viewing again......

So is anyone watching today's game actually believe St Mirren were superb 1st half?

By HT St Mirren had 1 shot on target and we had none.

I was talking wi the guys around me and we all agreed it was embarrassing a team so pish were 2 up.

Clear as day we could blow them away with some minor changes.

St Mirren better either smarten up or face a bottom half finish.

First half was a bit of a non event tbh. St Mirren's first goal was a fluke/freak/possible og, and the second was a real gift of a goal with both our centre halves absolutely no where. I also though it looked a foul on Sibbald in the build up, but decent run and finish tbf. Other than that, both teams canceled each other out with no real goal mouth action at all. Whilst I couldn't see us taking the 3 points at half time, I certainly didn't think we were out of the contest and (as is so often at 2-0) the next goal was always going to be crucial.

Fair play to Houstie, changed it at half time to go with two up front. Miller simply occupied their centre halves and allowed us to attack from within the St Mirren half rather than building from the back. I also thought we closed St Mirren down much better after the break and passed the ball more sharply. Our first and third goals were really well worked and the penalty looked a stick on imo.

Over the course of the 90 minutes I'd say we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Liked McMullan, very pacey and direct. Would say the opposite of Thompson, a greeting faced wee girl and clearly no longer good enough for this level.

Also, to the St Mirren boy suggesting that Grant tackle was worthy of a red card, have a fecking shake of yourself, seriously :lol:

Great scenes at the winner. Do the stewards realise taping off the first 4 rows of the stand is completely pointless yet?

11059343_10204646443023398_5824529054286

ps Great to see Miller's wife and kids at the game, really glad he's happy in his personal life and hopefully that will be to our benefit this season

Murray's put a decent team together, but holy f**k he does not know how to use

Therein lies the complaint that any Sons fan with a brain cell had last year. He relies so heavily on his assistant and when your assistant is nothing but a youth coach you're going to see some baffling tactics, shitebag tactics at that. Sad that he's fucking this up and isn't learning.

You'd think after (presumably) being Sint Murn fans for years that Buddies1877 and Jimmyboo wouldn't react in such a comical and seething fashion to a home defeat.

Good to see Aggy scoring again, his best season at this level saw him hit ten I think. Wouldn't be surprised if he beat that this year.

You'd think after (presumably) being Sint Murn fans for years that Buddies1877 and Jimmyboo wouldn't react in such a comical and seething fashion to a home defeat.

Good to see Aggy scoring again, his best season at this level saw him hit ten I think. Wouldn't be surprised if he beat that this year.

I would be. He's got to be the first guy out of that team but probably won't be as he's Murray's boy. He contributes very little in matches and his dead balls are by and large, dreadful.

His 'goal' yesterday will more than likely go down as an OG anyway, there's no way it dropped straight in.

So many incorrect decisions from Beaton, and almost all favouring Falkirk.

Leaving aside the possible straight red for the assault on McMullen, how Taiwo and Kerr didn't get second yellows is an absolute mystery.

Kerr's challenge on Goodwin highlights a problem Saints have.

If Goodwin had put in the same challenge on anyone in the Falkirk team he'd have been booked - as he should have been. But no doubt the Falkirk player would have made a meal of it to ensure the ref couldn't avoid giving the card.

Houston clearly knew he was 'lucky', and so immediately subbed him.

Falkirk's momentum in the second half proved too much for us, but Beaton certainly helped their cause.

Taiwo, on a yellow, did several fouls, dived to try to win a foul, and then feigned injury

:lol:

Classic.

I would be. He's got to be the first guy out of that team but probably won't be as he's Murray's boy. He contributes very little in matches and his dead balls are by and large, dreadful.

His 'goal' yesterday will more than likely go down as an OG anyway, there's no way it dropped straight in.

It didn't. Flapped at by the keeper then fell at the feet of a Falkirk player, bounced off his boot and trickled in.

yep how long you been down here?

I'm sure this is year 5 since relegation and in that time we've never even looked interested in going back up with the exception of one season. I think you'll find the buddies will be down here in the championship for some time unless there is league reconstruction.

Archived