St Mirren v Falkirk

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we were excellent first half.

The opener was a clusterfuck, I still don't knkw exactly what happened.

The second was a very neat goal.

The foul on McMullen looked a stick on red card for me. Could argue he was last man. Even if he wasn't it looked a bad one.

Mallan and Kelly were sensational in the first half.

After the break I just knew we were going to be hanging on after 5 minutes, but f**k me what a shambokic performance.

We invited Falkirk to pile on pressure, which makes absolutely no sense because we can't defend worth a f**k.

Falkirk's first was a very dece goal TBH.

You could have seen that penalty coming a mile off. Ridiculous challenge. We have given away too many penalties like that and it's about tine Murray went through them like a ton of bricks for it.

The officials at this level are simply abysmal. They have literally no clue what they are doing for the lost part, most are about 3 stone over weight and as slow as a week in the jail.

Thompson is done. He has nothing left to offer even at this level.

At half time I thought we were out of sight but coming out second half and sitting in and defending what we had was completely inept.

We deserved exactly what we got.

What was neat about the St Mirren 2nd goal ?

It was clusterfuk 2, bad touch by Kerr, then Kerr and Watson leave it for the St Mirren lad to have a clear run to goal

As for the ref, I thot he had a good game, an over fussy ref wouldve booked 6,7 players in the first half where the challenges were flying in and perhaps sent off Grant.

Great advert for the division, compared to last nites snorefest at Inverness

What was neat about the St Mirren 2nd goal ?

It was clusterfuk 2, bad touch by Kerr, then Kerr and Watson leave it for the St Mirren lad to have a clear run to goal

As for the ref, I thot he had a good game, an over fussy ref wouldve booked 6,7 players in the first half where the challenges were flying in and perhaps sent off Grant.

Great advert for the division, compared to last nites snorefest at Inverness

Lol it's funny how a Falkirk fan would think the ref had a good game because the decision he made benefited them.

Had this been played at Falkirk stadium and Webster took out sibbald like that resulting on him going off injured and Jim Goodwin done the fouls mark Kerr committed think the view would be a tad different.

Semantics ...the second half belonged to us totally & utterly....lee Miller ruled in the air & it changed the game ..if you don't accept that you know f**k all about football

What saints fan has said Falkirk weren't the better team 2nd half?

We were the better team 1st half we lost our best player to injury after being chopped down as he broke in on goal.

Falkirk were fortunate not to get 2 men sent off.

Simples we can admit you were the better team 2nd half lol

Lol it's funny how a Falkirk fan would think the ref had a good game because the decision he made benefited them.

Had this been played at Falkirk stadium and Webster took out sibbald like that resulting on him going off injured and Jim Goodwin done the fouls mark Kerr committed think the view would be a tad different.

I've already commented on the Grant foul could have went either way with the colour of the card, the fact it could have went either way kinda states its not a stonewall red card. I dont think we would have lost a 2-0 lead at the TFS tho....

Jim Goodwin had his fair share of fouls and wasnt booked, no complaints my side, Thompson had about six fouls then booked, would you rather it was booked after three and sent off on the sixth ?

Also a few dodgy offside calls from the lass on the line

What saints fan has said Falkirk weren't the better team 2nd half?

We were the better team 1st half we lost our best player to injury after being chopped down as he broke in on goal.

Falkirk were fortunate not to get 2 men sent off.

Simples we can admit you were the better team 2nd half lol

As I have said many many times McMullen grant tackle was not a clear goalscoring opportunity... I actually think you have more of an argument with Kerr who I thought would have gone for it

I've already commented on the Grant foul could have went either way with the colour of the card, the fact it could have went either way kinda states its not a stonewall red card. I dont think we would have lost a 2-0 lead at the TFS tho....

Jim Goodwin had his fair share of fouls and wasnt booked, no complaints my side, Thompson had about six fouls then booked, would you rather it was booked after three and sent off on the sixth ?

Also a few dodgy offside calls from the lass on the line

half them weren't even fouls the one Thompson got booked for was a joke he was sandwiched by two Falkirk players.

Grants challenge was late and reckless could of easily been a red card if it was in the middle of the park but it wasn't, it was to chop a player down on edge of the box as he was in on the keeper denying a clear goalscoring opertunity was a stonewall red imo

When Kerr was on a booking after several fouls then completely flattened goody you didn't think he was going to get a 2nd yellow? Obviously Houston did as he straight away subbed him.

Had mcmullan not went off injured would off been a completely different game he's our best player and would of been a constant threat to you.

You were the better team 2nd half we also help with such a crazy pen to give away when your player was going nowhere

As I have said many many times McMullen grant tackle was not a clear goalscoring opportunity... I actually think you have more of an argument with Kerr who I thought would have gone for it

You seem desperate to argue yourself into circles here. Whether it was a clear opportunity or not it was a bad enough tackle that A few of your own fans have said he should have walked and another couple said he might have on another day. It certainly bore resemblance to the foul that saw Ben Gordon sent off for Livi last week against morton.

The second point you seem to be adamant on arguing is that Falkirk were clearly the better side in the second half. A point that every single Saints fan has concurred with completely yet you still seem intent on arguing with folk who are essentially agreeing with you. :lol:

half them weren't even fouls the one Thompson got booked for was a joke he was sandwiched by two Falkirk players.

Thompson's booking was as a result of persistent fouling. The referee indicated as much before yellowing him.

It was also a clear foul by Thompson. He was out on his feet by that point and wasn't even looking at the ball and jumped directly into the first defender before being sandwiched by the two.

Thompson's booking was as a result of persistent fouling. The referee indicated as much before yellowing him.

It was also a clear foul by Thompson. He was out on his feet by that point and wasn't even looking at the ball and jumped directly into the first defender before being sandwiched by the two.

he looked away as he knew he was about to be clattered

You seem desperate to argue yourself into circles here. Whether it was a clear opportunity or not it was a bad enough tackle that A few of your own fans have said he should have walked and another couple said he might have on another day. It certainly bore resemblance to the foul that saw Ben Gordon sent off for Livi last week against morton.

The second point you seem to be adamant on arguing is that Falkirk were clearly the better side in the second half. A point that every single Saints fan has concurred with completely yet you still seem intent on arguing with folk who are essentially agreeing with you. :lol:

Ben Gordon's tackle was never a sending off either ...I am not arguing myself into circles but the diameter of green hill road to me is pi r squared

he looked away as he knew he was about to be clattered

He was watching the defender the whole way. I understand the tinted specs and there were some shite decisions, that wasn't one though. As Thompson got more tired, he committed and got away with a lot more fouls. He was constantly holding his marker the last 20 minutes.

Ben Gordon's tackle was never a sending off either ...I am not arguing myself into circles but the diameter of green hill road to me is pi r squared

I think it was a harsh sending off too but it didn't get rescinded. So it obviously was according to the SFA. Grant's tackle today was very similar.

Grants challenge was late and reckless could of easily been a red card if it was in the middle of the park but it wasn't, it was to chop a player down on edge of the box as he was in on the keeper denying a clear goalscoring opertunity was a stonewall red imo

When Kerr was on a booking after several fouls then completely flattened goody you didn't think he was going to get a 2nd yellow? Obviously Houston did as he straight away subbed him.

Thompson did the same foul about 3 times on Vaulks, no chance of getting the ball, ref even had a word with him and Im sure was something along the lines of last warning, only to foul again and no booking

No way Grants foul was reckless, if it was in the middle of the park, he may have even escaped without a booking, He was late, thats all, I had the perfect view being on that side.

Kerr flattening Goodwin....cmon as said, Goodwin had his fair share of fouls and no card, Kerr's race was run, a bit like Thompson's but we subbed our's

Archived