St Mirren v Falkirk

Been a while since we visited the new place.

Falkirk v St Mirren games have mostly been at this level in my lifetime, yet for a while there it seemed we had both made a step up.

What do we expect next week then?

After out last game we were top for about 36 glorious hours.

We are now 5 points behind Rangers.

St Mirren have just won a tough looking away game at Dumfries.

Sounds a good game in the making this.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember Higdons 40 yard volley in off the underside of the bar :o ?

Best goal I've seen at the new ground, better than Carey's against Hearts for me.

Remember loads of Falkirk and St. Mirren fans said Higdon was shite??

As for the game; I'll be in Spain, might try out this new live streaming service, as I fancy it to be a good game.

Looking forward to this one a bit more after the win at the weekend. Still have concerns about the way Murray has us playing, but hopefully the team is starting to gel now. Pleased for Thommo getting off the mark, and delighted to see Webster absolutely strolled it.

Noticed that we haven't actually conceded a goal from open play (in the league) since Ibrox, so wonder if Falkirk are good at set pieces.

I'm sure I remember going mental at a Falkirk goal disallowed at St Mirren Park, somebody nicked the ball off the keeper and put it in. Sure I was proved to be wrong about the rules afterwards...

Looking forward to this one a bit more after the win at the weekend. Still have concerns about the way Murray has us playing, but hopefully the team is starting to gel now. Pleased for Thommo getting off the mark, and delighted to see Webster absolutely strolled it.

Noticed that we haven't actually conceded a goal from open play (in the league) since Ibrox, so wonder if Falkirk are good at set pieces.

Half our games so far, we have scored with set pieces, if we get the delivery right we have a few options in there

Id say our set pieces can be more potent than our strikeforce at the moment, adds up as our strikers havent scored in the league yet.

I'm sure I remember going mental at a Falkirk goal disallowed at St Mirren Park, somebody nicked the ball off the keeper and put it in. Sure I was proved to be wrong about the rules afterwards...

Pedro I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

If we handle the little dude on loan from Celtic we will do ok.

We are hard to beat and the poster who think St.Mirren will win 3-0 is way off the mark. We may lose but it would be by the odd goal I guess.

With the best part of two weeks off we should have a full squad to choose from. As long as Kerr, Watson and Grant are fit I think we will get something. Could be a 0-0.

Assuming everyone is fit, I think Houstie will stick with the 4-2-3-1 that's been so successful in the last couple of away matches.

Rogers

Vaulks Watson Grant Leahy

Taiwo Kerr

Smith Sibbald Alston

McHugh

Subs: Bowman, Duffie, Muirhead, Cooper, Blair, Miller, Baird

Personally I prefer 2 up front at all times, but it's hard to deny the formation suits the players we have available to us. I'd keep Vaulks at RB. Him, Taiwo and Kerr all in midfield is overkill imo. The fact there's no space on the bench for McCracken, Sinnamon, Shepherd or the new french striker (if he signs in time) shows we have a decent depth to the squad this season.

Pleasantly surprised to see us sitting second with a game in hand.

Hope St Mirren have been practicing their corners, other than a foul on the keeper at Livingston, it's the only way our defence has been breached in four matches.

St Mirren had a good result on Saturday down in Dumfries whilst we've turned in promising performances in our last 3 (well, 2 and 1/3) matches.

I can see a pretty uneventful draw here, perhaps 1-1.

ps anything less than a 4000 crowd for this will be a piss poor effort by the St Mirren support :P

To be fair other than a couple of goals at Ibrox our defence hasn't been breached from open play either. Conceded a couple of daft penalties though.

Agnew/Mallan whips a mean ball in, Thompson,Webster,Kelly,Baird all have height and can cause problems.

Now that we have said that I expect another 4-4 all from set pieces :P. I think we'll get a decent crowd after the result last week. How many Bairns fans will show up? 700ish?

To be fair other than a couple of goals at Ibrox our defence hasn't been breached from open play either. Conceded a couple of daft penalties though.

Having seen you lot play Morton the only reason for that is your keeper had a worldy in his personal battle with Peter Mcdonald

Having seen you lot play Morton the only reason for that is your keeper had a worldy in his personal battle with Peter Mcdonald

Well that is his job :P. He's a great keeper. Can't believe we signed him and Webster.

I thought Falkirk got away with one against Dumbarton with the goal that was disallowed for a foul on the defender.

The ref that night gave about 5 baffling decisions which annoyed both clubs

The standard of officials in the top league is bad but I am pretty shocked how poor they are in this league. 10 times worse.

Don't think Iv seen 1 ref play advantage at any point . The linesmen struggle to keep up with play.

Archived