Raith v Queens

McCord has a worst first touch than Jimmy Savile, he is miles off being a full timer.

Here we go again the Barrie McKay syndrome you wouldn't know a good player if he kicked you waywardly in the nuts…stop being an ersehole. FFS…..etc...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's unfair to single out McCord today. McKinnon's said he was subbed as he was already on a yellow not because of his performance. I don't think anyone outside the back 5 can say they performed to their best today but there'll be games like that and the important thing is to grind out the result.

Honestly there's no pleasing some Rovers fans. McCord is an easy target as he didn't throw himself all over the pitch. It's the same with Daly. Fans moaned about not having a striker who was different and more experienced from what we already had but now want us to go back to what we had and think he's a waste of money.

Thank god we're winning at home or some fans would be suicidal just now.

Daly looks hopeless. We are nowhere near as effective, or good to watch, with him the side. Nothing worse than watching a succession of long balls to a striker who can't even lift himself off the ground. And as for that chance he missed.....

I would have preferred we spent our remaining money on Oliver rather than Daly.

We aware definitely a poorer side without McCord than with him. Although Matthews did well when he came on.

We aware? Is this an alternative to Be A Ware and Be A Wear?

Agree about the long ball tactics now Daly is in the team. Not a welcome return. The guy can't jump.

Hopefully that excellent cameo, as a sub against Accies, isn't all we're getting.

Didn't really do enough to win it IMO but didn't deserve to lose either, a wee bit like at Falkirk where we did lose. Which goes to show that these things do even themselves out over the season.

Agree with other comments re' Daly, nowhere near sharp enough.

Midfield and up front quite poor but defensively we look no 3 bad!

I think it's unfair to single out McCord today. McKinnon's said he was subbed as he was already on a yellow not because of his performance. I don't think anyone outside the back 5 can say they performed to their best today but there'll be games like that and the important thing is to grind out the result.

Honestly there's no pleasing some Rovers fans. McCord is an easy target as he didn't throw himself all over the pitch. It's the same with Daly. Fans moaned about not having a striker who was different and more experienced from what we already had but now want us to go back to what we had and think he's a waste of money.

Thank god we're winning at home or some fans would be suicidal just now.

This and for those moaning about daly,service to him and any of our front men is brutal

Daly was dismal and our style of play was drastically different to our last home match against Alloa. Which is very disappointing. Hopefully something that is ironed out as Daly gets sharper. Have to say though he needs to realise he isn't playing for Rangers anymore, he isn't going to get free kicks for absolutely nothing. Stop moaning and get on with the game.

A draw would perhaps have been the fairest result, I didn't see a goal coming at either end I have to say, but had Daly scored his sitter (five yards out, free header, centre of goal) I'm willing to bet the Queens fans would be slating their side rather than suggesting they were unlucky.

Hugely pleased by McKinnon bringing on Stewart for McCord with half an hour left to try and win the game. Even more pleased by him realising we lost the momentum by taking off the midfield player and bringing Matthews on - the change that won the match. If Grant Murray ever thinks he was hard done to, he need only look at that as an example - he'd have settled for 0-0.

Fortress Starks holds strong. Next objective - a goal on the road on Friday night...

We defended very very well. Apart from Cuthberts save Queens offered no goal threat at all.

I'm more than happy for teams to pass the ball about all day whilst offering no cutting edge. Our defence will lap that up all day long.

Agreed that your defence coped easily with any aerial threat that Queens posed in the first half. Our best hope in that spell was going to be if we kept the ball on the deck away from the centre-backs, or from a free-kick like Conroy's. I thought we did offer more of a goal threat than you are suggesting in our best spell after the interval when your defence was under a fair bit of sustained pressure when we played the ball to feet with more urgency. A bit more composure and we could have broken the deadlock. And we did have a legitimate penalty claim turned down. Morton, rangers and St. Mirren have all capitalised on our weakness in recent weeks where players want too much time on the ball and are happy to pass it about without any great effect by playing against us at a high tempo and getting right in our faces before we settle on the ball. As for the goal we lost yesterday, disastrous defending allowing the Raith player a free header in acres of space. Daly had another similar chance later on but thankfully he headed it downwards and it finished over the bar. By the way I think Daly needs to remember that he is no longer a rangers player. He will have to have legitimate reasons for continually claiming for fouls and won't be awarded them automatically just because he makes a claim. I thought the substitutions by both teams livened the game up a bit and upped the tempo.

Disappointing to lose out in the end to such a poor goal (from QoS defending point of view), I thought we did enough in the second half to warrant a draw, definitely not good enough over the piece to think could have won it.

Thought raith were poor and undeservedly won all 3 points.

Despite being the better side and having at least 5 creative players in the starting 11 we did not create enough chances. That said Rath created even less in open play and got the goal.

We have stopped becoming a threat at corners and look like conceding at the other end. Need a right footed player taking corners from left - conroy's outswingers are not dangerous.

Oliver played very well and Marshall and Dowie were both first class.

We will play a lot worse and win bu need to get out of this losing habit - starting next week

Maybe if you were a bit more honest both teams were poor and neither side deserved the win, having said that the Rovers performance today was the poorest this season, You say Qos were the better side in your opinion yes ! but from where I was sitting it was fairly evenly matched . Ref was poor with some baffling decisions against both teams especially the Rovers handball which I thought awe no! Stick on penalty but hey ho we got away with it.

The end of the day you can have 11 Ronaldos in your team it means jack s@@te if you don't score so get over it , be Abit more gracious in defeat the next time please.

Daly should still be used as an impact sub, hasn't done anything to merit a starting place

Double edged sword though, he badly needs game time to get sharper.

Clearly though he's not getting the service, long punts from Cat aren't working.

Interestingly I heard he prefers to go out wide (away from the Centre half) to take high balls but Cuthbert isn't keen on kicking to the wings.

How was the railway stand?

Basic! Some of us are of mature years and appreciate a backrest on our seats. Also, from certain positions, a restricted view of one corner of the playing area owing to metal dividing railings midway along. Probably not a problem for smaller crowds like yesterday when you have more choice of where to sit. It is more preferable to sit in a side stand than behind one of the goals however. A drawback of not being in the North Stand is that when your team is playing poorly, like Queens first half yesterday, you can't watch the trains go by just for a bit of entertainment.

Couldnt make it but watched the game on Raith TV. Didnt look like we played all that badly and created a few chances but the defending from set pieces was awful, ultimately leading to the winning goal.

How did you watch it on raith TV if you are I the UK??

Archived