Best Football snacks

lichtie23

Think it'll just be doritos and beer this week. I'm out for meals during the day both days (hospitality v Aberdeen on Sunday). But best start thinking about Superbowl food soon too - pulled pork this year methinks for a start.

More hygenic than giving your Mrs a chilli dog I suppose :ph34r:

Said earlier in the thread, but a couple of those packets of cooked chicken strips out the supermarket, cover them in various spices including chilli powder, shove them under the grill for a couple of minutes each side, bung some cheese and jalapenos on top, back under the grill and let it melt, can even top with bacon if need be. A glorious gooey mess.

Also, low carb if that's still a thing.

I was trying to eat healthy and train for a run later in the year, but i had an accident on thursday and had to get surgery to repair some tendons yesterday.

In short, I'm back eating anything I want again.

Think I'll be going for bbq pulled pork and coleslaw rolls for the superbowl. Made them for a party just before christmas and they were fan-bloody-tastic.

• 2 weeks later...

I had bacon a stick at metlife. It was actually really rank as it was more like gammon with a huge bit of fat on it.

Like you I always wanted a Philly cheese steak but found it a bit meh. Pastrami on rye with gherkins and mustard or a sloppy Joe are the way to go.

I would also give one of my balls to find some product in the UK or a decent recipe to replicate the buffalo wings you get in New York. I tried the Franks buffalo sauce that is apparently in the original recipe but it's generic hot sauce shite.

Weirdly the closest I have found is the buffalo wings at Di Maggios. The rest of the menu is rank.

I came onto this thread on the hope of asking where is best in Glasgow to buy proper buffalo wings. I agree about the DiMaggio's ones, but I'd say the Franks ones are actually not bad tbh. One thing that you just don't get over here is places selling big portions of wings (like 20 minimum), it's always 6 shitty wee wings you get, whereas in the US you can order a big ass bucket of delicious wings in most pubs.