Best Football snacks

lichtie23

This is so easy it’s untrue, but really good.

1. Buy baguettes and butterfly open lengthways.

2. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.

3. Cover with slices of cooked chicken.

4. Liberally sprinkle with grated cheese.

5. Bake in oven at 200c for 12 mins (or until cheese is browned).

6. Put on plate, drizzle with sweet chilli sauce.

7. Serve with potato salad / coleslaw, and a large helping of good quality plain salted crisps.

Edited by pozbaird

The other half is staying up with me this year, which justifies making more food options IMO. We're also going to have a chunk of it for dinner beforehand too. So this year we're making (all from scratch):

• Coconut Shrimp
  • Chilli (mainly for Loaded Nachos)
  • Homemade salsa & Guac (for Nachos)
  • Loaded Nachos
  • Polenta Chips
  • KFC Style Chicken
  • Blackbean Tacos

Then of course we've got in pretzels, M&M's, Pringles, beer nuts and I can't remember what else from our "box of shame" that we've hidden away since New Year for a healthy & dry January. I've also opted for Bud Lite this year.

We're going to take the dog up a snow covered mountain first to earn all of this...

Edited by Spain

12 minutes ago, Spain said:

The other half is staying up with me this year, which justifies making more food options IMO. We're also going to have a chunk of it for dinner beforehand too. So this year we're making (all from scratch):

• Coconut Shrimp
  • Chilli (mainly for Loaded Nachos)
  • Homemade salsa & Guac (for Nachos)
  • Loaded Nachos
  • Polenta Chips
  • KFC Style Chicken
  • Blackbean Tacos

Then of course we've got in pretzels, M&M's, Pringles, beer nuts and I can't remember what else from our "box of shame" that we've hidden away since New Year for a healthy & dry January. I've also opted for Bud Lite this year.

We're going to take the dog up a snow covered mountain first to earn all of this...

Looks amazing mate. I'm volunteering you as the caterer for next years P&B NFL forum SuperBowl night. 👍

Pulled pork nachos for kick off and Buffalo wings for half time for me this year. The Mrs is planning on staying up too, so its double portions of everything. 

Also stocked up on Laguanitas IPA, always go for an American beer and that was by far the best one Morrisons had to hand this afternoon. 

On 28/01/2021 at 20:23, Mark Connolly said:

I made cheesteaks a few years back, and fell into a food coma halfway through the 3rd quarter.

I'm a huge fan of Reubens, and those Reuben egg rolls look tremendous. Conveniently, I have a brisket corning right now, which is due out next Thursday...

My man in the test kitchen confirms that the Reuben egg rolls do indeed taste magnificent, and will post a picture once he works out how to stop them exploding in the fryer, and thus coming out looking like Dresden in March 1945.

I'll be honest I'm just into the superbowl for the food, not a big NFL fan.

Normally we'd check out popular dishes in the area the final was being hosted and the mrs would make them, but the popular dishes for Tampa don't really appeal to me [emoji1785].

We have chilli slow cooking all day for chilli dogs and nachos.

Crispy coated peanuts, tub of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream, crisps sweets .

Guaranteed I'll be asleep by midnight.