Adrian Durham's take on Scottish Football?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3217956/Celtic-s-success-three-years-fake-real-challenge-come-Rangers-return-Premiership.html

Never really taken much notice of his show on Talk Pish, too much focus on the EPL circus for me , but he's clearly got to grips with the game up here over the last few seasons!

Some interesting reading!

Thoughts Bears?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys a complete and utter fud

Slagged off Jamie Carragher a few years ago from the comfort of his studio then filled his nappy when Carragher phoned his show and tore him a new arsehole live on air

Deserves to be repeatedly punched in the face

He might well be a 'fud', but interesting that you don't refute any of the points in his article?

What a load of bollox.

The last three years have been almost worthless up here?

FFS. Tell that to St Mirren, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Inverness.

I think he was probably referring to the 'titles' C*ltic have notched without any serious competition tbf, without any disrespect to the achievements of the clubs you have mentioned, particularly St Johnstone's Cup win.

I didnt actually read it, there may or may not be some valid points in it but just saw a thread on him and thought id add my tuppence worth on the absolute fucking divot

have a click through mate, it's worth a read!

I think he was probably referring to the 'titles' C*ltic have notched without any serious competition tbf, without any disrespect to the achievements of the clubs you have mentioned, particularly St Johnstone's Cup win.

You think Sevco could provide serious competition?

If so, based on what, we barely got out of 1st gear to beat you last time.

Adrian Durham is a troll. He gets paid to wind up folk by expressing nonsensical views in a way that appears he really means it.

He almost certainly doesn't mean a word of that, but he's managed to get his website a few hits, a few brain dead halfwits will pay premium rate to have a go at him on the radio.

Job's a good'un.

In the last three years of footballing mirth from Ibrox way, Sevco have:

- Failed to beat the bottom tier title-winning records of both Gretna and East Fife

- Failed in three attempts to win the Ramsdens Cup

- Been utterly humiliated by Dundee United after a hilarious attempt at building up a rivalry with them. Twice.

- Been utterly humiliated on national TV by a god-awful Motherwell twice in last season's play offs

- Failed to muster a single meaningful effort on goal in a Cup Semi final against Celtic, your one chance at any sort of glory or relevance.

- Lost points in truly comedic fashion to the likes of Stirling, Montrose, Annan, Peterhead, QoS and others.

- Watched as a Hearts team with far less resources and a bottleless Hibs side both finished above you in the Championship

- Failed to win any cup competitions whatsoever, despite almost certainly having the second biggest budget in Scotland

So, please enlighten us. In what fucking universe could your clusterfuck of a football club have even come close to competing with Celtic, had you been in the same Division for even one of those seasons?

Not convinced that Ally McCoist's Sevco team would have offered much more of a challenge than Aberdeen, judging how poorly they did.

Adrian Durham forgot that Rangers went bust and were made to start again in the 3rd Division, therefore handing title after title to Celtic. The fact no other team is a serious challenge to Celtic for the league title is neither here nor there to the other clubs and most supporters of the other clubs, they just want to see their clubs succeed within their own limits, no club has the resources nor the financial clout to compete with Celtic on an equal level. That's the way it is in Scotland and anyone with a grounded and realistic idea of how Scottish football works should understand why.

The first thing I noticed when I read that article was it was from the racist and bigot promoting Daily Mail, I knew straight away even before reading it it was going to include a biased and unreasonable view point with a smidging of outrage added.

Nothing is going to change the fact Rangers are still having to make their way up the leagues and that they just like everyone else have to earn their place to play in the top league. Adrian Durham's typical Rangers fan sense of entitlement and outrage that his team is not there to prevent Celtic win yet again another title is most pleasing if you imagine him as he wrote that article banging away on a tear soaked keyboard with his fists, howling away how unfair it all is.

1285.gif

Guys a complete and utter fud

Slagged off Jamie Carragher a few years ago from the comfort of his studio then filled his nappy when Carragher phoned his show and tore him a new arsehole live on air

Deserves to be repeatedly punched in the face

I was thinking it was Darren Gough who wrote that article until you mentioned this. That would have surprised me as he comes across as sound. Not surprised by that w**k though

Makes no secret he has leanings towards Rangers, and has no time for Celtic, so I would ignore anything he says, a complete moron, a man you would never tire of punching

The guy's always been a prize fanny; English White Van Man's voice of football.

So, Scotland's a one horse race, as opposed to being a two horse race a few years ago. Welcome to modern football - all the major leagues can expect one of two teams to win it every year - Spain, Germany, England, Holland, France. Power and wealth is being concentrated on the teams who do well in the Champions League or, as in England's case, the teams that can hide the investment of their foreign owners from prying eyes.

In the last three years of footballing mirth from Ibrox way, Sevco have:

- Failed to beat the bottom tier title-winning records of both Gretna and East Fife

- Failed in three attempts to win the Ramsdens Cup

- Been utterly humiliated by Dundee United after a hilarious attempt at building up a rivalry with them. Twice.

- Been utterly humiliated on national TV by a god-awful Motherwell twice in last season's play offs

- Failed to muster a single meaningful effort on goal in a Cup Semi final against Celtic, your one chance at any sort of glory or relevance.

- Lost points in truly comedic fashion to the likes of Stirling, Montrose, Annan, Peterhead, QoS and others.

- Watched as a Hearts team with far less resources and a bottleless Hibs side both finished above you in the Championship

- Failed to win any cup competitions whatsoever, despite almost certainly having the second biggest budget in Scotland

So, please enlighten us. In what fucking universe could your clusterfuck of a football club have even come close to competing with Celtic, had you been in the same Division for even one of those seasons?

have you missed the point completely on purpose and can you comment on the article itself? It isn't difficult

The guy's always been a prize fanny; English White Van Man's voice of football.

So, Scotland's a one horse race, as opposed to being a two horse race a few years ago. Welcome to modern football - all the major leagues can expect one of two teams to win it every year - Spain, Germany, England, Holland, France. Power and wealth is being concentrated on the teams who do well in the Champions League or, as in England's case, the teams that can hide the investment of their foreign owners from prying eyes.

This certainty of a two horse race if both Celtic and Rangers are in the top league is a complete myth. Since the SPL started half of the 14 seasons with both OF ended up with a gap between the teams in double figures, 5 of these were equal or more than the gap between Celtic and Aberdeen last season. Do people like Adrian Durham do their stat research before coming out with the one horse pish if Rangers aren't in the league.

1998/99 Rangers -6pts- Celtic

1999/00 Rangers -21pts- Celtic

2000/01 Celtic -15pts- Rangers

2001/02 Celtic -18pts- Rangers

2002/03 Rangers -0pts- Celtic

2003/04 Celtic -17pts- Rangers

2004/05 Rangers 1pt- Celtic

2005/06 Celtic -17pts- Hearts (-18pts Rangers)

2006/07 Celtic -12pts- Rangers

2007/08 Celtic -3pts- Rangers

2008/09 Rangers -4pts- Celtic

2009/10 Rangers -6pts- Celtic

2010/11 Rangers -1pt- Celtic

2011/12 Celtic -20pts- Rangers

That's 7 out of 14 SPL title races that ended up one horse races that was with both Celtic and Rangers in the same league.

Archived