East Stirlingshire v Stirling Albion

This Saturday the Binos make the short journey to Ochilview to face the Shire.

Given the poor start to the season the Binos have had this is a game we must take something from and another defeat would only increase the call for Skippy to get the boot.

The Shire have made a resonable start to the season with 2 wins and 2 loses so it will be a difficult game for us, given our problems with our lack of scoring being the lowest scorers in the league with only 2 goals in 4 games, I can see us struggling to find the net in this game and can only hope our defence can keep a clean sheet for the first time in a long while.

Talk on the Albion website of possible new signings before Saturday so I can only hope another striker comes in to boost our firepower and options up front especially with the injury to Craig Beattie who looks likely to be out for at least a couple more weeks.

Desperate times for the Binos joint bottom with Arbroath with only 1 point in 4 games. Can we get something on Saturday I hope so for the sake of the supporters who are getting increasingly feed up with the constant defeats both at home and on the road.

Prediction East Stirlingshire 1 Albion 1

Anyone got the inside scoop as to why JP McGovern was let go? What sort of thing was eating him?

Spoke with Skippy after Tuesday evening training before the Berwick game and said he was unhappy with certain things at the club and asked to be released. Upshot is he was dropped for the Berwick game and has now been released by the Club as stated on the Clubs webside.

Spoke with Skippy after Tuesday evening training before the Berwick game and said he was unhappy with certain things at the club and asked to be released. Upshot is he was dropped for the Berwick game and has now been released by the Club as stated on the Clubs webside.

Aye, saw that last week on the website. What was he unhappy about?

McGovern was the only player who stood out against us on the opening day, other than perhaps Sean Dickson and Chris Smith, so I'm quite surprised to see that he's been let go. It's all looking a bit ominous for Stirling at the moment; can't help but feel that Corrigan would get more out of the likes of Dickson. Surely the Stirling board will be thinking that themselves.

McGovern was the only player who stood out against us on the opening day, other than perhaps Sean Dickson and Chris Smith, so I'm quite surprised to see that he's been let go. It's all looking a bit ominous for Stirling at the moment; can't help but feel that Corrigan would get more out of the likes of Dickson. Surely the Stirling board will be thinking that themselves.

What!

Did not think that McGovern did much during his brief spell with us. Regarding Corrigan getting more out of players, what's he doing then during training after all he is the assistant manager and would assume he would have an input alongside McLaren in how the team plays etc.

I hope the board are not thinking along the lines of replacing McLaren with Corrigan, if McLaren goes then so too should Corrigan imo both are responsible for the team on the park.

Coaching players and managing them is completely different, and McLaren will have the final call on most matters. Unless I'm very much mistaken, Corrigan did a good job at Stenhousemuir and many involved with the club weren't happy when he was sacked. I'm normally not a proponent of assistants replacing managers, but this McLaren fellow appears to have had a nightmarish tenure so far. With Corrigan presumably a big attraction for some of the players like Dickson and McMillan that joined, they clearly think highly of him. I think Stirling could do far, far worse than promoting him.

Surely Skippy's job is untenable if they get beat off the Shire? What a shambles he has made them.

Defeat by the Shire would only increase the call for Skippy to go. A Poll done recently by Rave On Stirling Albion unofficial website had the majority of fans who voted wanting him gone now with a smaller group giving him 2 games to turn things around. Personally I think he has until the Montrose game at home the following week to start winning games or the Board will be under extreme pressure from the supporters to get rid off him.

I wrote this about Kaiser's sacking last January, might be of interest, I don't know - CLICK.

Pretty much the same way things are going at Forthbank, if no points collected in the next 2 games and I EXPECT 4 points is not beyond us imo then Skippy and Corrigan must go. Cannot keep on losing week in week out, the Board must act sooner rather than later. Watch this space as they say.

I was told that Stirling have not kept a clean sheet since mclaren took the the job and have won just three games. Absolutely appalling to have a record like that at this level.

If Shire lose to this dross it will be a total embarrassment.

I was told that Stirling have not kept a clean sheet since mclaren took the the job and have won just three games. Absolutely appalling to have a record like that at this level.

That's how bad its got for us, even Shire would be embarrassed if we beat them

9 -1

Archived