Fans turned players?

Barrfields_Largs

Gartcairn and Rossvale must be excluded considering they've only been around 5 minutes as junior teams.

How would it work with Newmains, do you include the Coltness years.

Does Clydebank include the senior days?

I take by fan you mean actually watching the team play rather than just hearing about them.

Btw you'd certainly be special if your a Junior fan turned player since the 1950s.

Crowds have completely collapsed for most Junior teams over the last 60 years.

I also reckon most Junior teams would give anybody a go as a trialist for a

few quid donation.

15 minutes of fame and all that.

Must be worth a £100 to most Junior teams.

Clydebank does include the senior days. I was lucky enough to play with Kevin (Stanley - who Bankieboy talks about) in the Bankies Supporters team from the early 90s up until just before he went junior. Kevin could easily have went senior but preferred to go and watch the Bankies on a Saturday afternoon. Was great to see him run out at Vale of Clyde in our first competitive game back, along with another team mate Davie Reid. These were definitely guys living the dream.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin, Jambo and a few others I think who played with Clydebank Supporters on a Sunday but with St Joseph's on a Saturday. Have to admire their loyalty and support of Clydebank. Played against them loads of times and always enjoyed it.

Kevin, his brother Graham (nicknamed Des), and striker Terry Kelly all played with St Joes at some point. Jammy (who I think you mean) played Saturday morning with Forest along with a few others in the team (myself included). The Supporters did indeed play on a Sunday. The Scottish Supporters league was a great league to play in back then. Was great to see guys who had followed the team turning out in the club colours.

Jammy has been chairman of the Bankies since we came back into the juniors, and is also part of the coaching team now.

Who did you play with Auldgeezer?

• 3 years later...
On 8/31/2015 at 20:02, gingerblastie said:
On 8/31/2015 at 18:23, cboats said:

Liam mcguiness has always been a ladeside fan and kilbirnie boy!

Greg mcmillan..Alan gunion..Gary Davidson.to name but a few..

Gunny (RIP) was proud as punch of his t-shirt 

18 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

The candy keeper Jamie McGuire was going to the games home and away right up until he signed for the club around Xmas .
Guys like starky and Kieran Martin are also genuine fans who followed the club before they joined and many ex players still turn up to watch the candy .

To translate = celtic fans who turned up to a few candy matches between visits to their real team...... 

Need to tell the Motherwell Dundee United Partick Th Morton and rangers fans that have given up watching the senior game to follow the candy that they are really just Celtic fans cos we wear green and play in the Garngad

Oh dear some old stereotypes never seem to die according to some folk on here from deepest darkest Ayrshire .

Need to tell the Motherwell Dundee United Partick Th Morton and rangers fans that have given up watching the senior game to follow the candy that they are really just Celtic fans cos we wear green and play in the Garngad
Oh dear some old stereotypes never seem to die according to some folk on here from deepest darkest Ayrshire .

Garnock Valley NORTH AYRSHIRE to be precise [emoji15]

Thomas "Deco" Kilmartin has always told me that he is a Cambuslang Rangers supporter, even during the 18-month period where he left Cambuslang during the season to join us along the road at Glencairn. He was always going to go back to Cambuslang when the time was right, and sure enough he did.

Jordan Craig was there as a wee boy from when his dad Bobby played and afterwards when Bobby retired from the game.
Ryan & Paul Singleton as the wider family circle have been associated with the Vics going back to their great grandfather, auld Wullie.

59 minutes ago, tombo said:

Jordan Craig was there as a wee boy from when his dad Bobby played and afterwards when Bobby retired from the game.
Ryan & Paul Singleton as the wider family circle have been associated with the Vics going back to their great grandfather, auld Wullie.

Bobby Craig was NOT a Vics fan he became one after playing for them Jordan was and still is a player and a fan

Bobby Craig was NOT a Vics fan he became one after playing for them Jordan was and still is a player and a fan
Never said Bobby was a fan but he still brought Jordan to watch them after he stopped playing and that was my point . [emoji15] However as the topic was about current players thats why I listed Jordan, who as you rightly concurred,was and still is a fan.[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Better not tell them about the Church of Scotland minister ☘️

And the ex Killie season ticket holder 

Archived