Partick Thistle Vs Dundee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sadly he's the best of a bad bunch at the moment. His deliveries are usually good. Today you couldn't even say they were all over the shop... They were all over the keeper.

Which makes you ask. Was it deliberate? And actually it was the players in box, fault, for not attacking that space?

No.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1442093566.113955.jpg

I can confirm that Deestruction does indeed love to save the children.

Is that actually him? For some reason I imagined Deestruction much older.

Tbf all the Dees are sound c***s regardless of age. f**k the Arabs and McMamara!!

Peh, chips and beans in the firhill lounge, bit of #bantz with the thistle lads and a good 3 points.

The difference between thistle fans post match around firhill and the unwashed rangers hordes in the city centre was marked.

Good c***s IMO.

:wub: you x

T H I S.

Said as much at half time. Hit the woodwork 3 fucking times.

Tbf to Dundee they were pretty firmly in control for about 10 minutes prior to the goal, but how we could do anything different to win the game I just don't know.

Furious that we didn't just fucking foul Stewart before the goal - just clatter him, take the booking and we almost certainly get a point. Need to be more cynical when appropriate.

Not miss a bunch of sitters would be a good starting point.

Is that actually him? For some reason I imagined Deestruction much older.

Tbf all the Dees are sound c***s regardless of age. f**k the Arabs and McMamara!!

They were all lovely. It's nice to be nice.

#DaredOotMehPus.

It should have been 3-2 Thistle at half time with the sitters that were missed. I'd have been having nightmares about Low's shot if we hadn't won.

Thistle reminded me of us a bit - creating the chances, not taking them and ultimately being punished for it. But sitters aside, our defence coped very well and absorbed most of what was thrown at it.

Greg Stewart :wub:

We went from some fast and efficient attacking play in and around the box - a handful of missed sitters included- in the first half, to next to nothing afterwards. This is because we ended up carrying some passengers, with Muirhead and Stevenson both blowing out their arse shortly after half-time. Bannigan also had to play as a more defensively responsible midfielder today which usually means he's going to be pretty useless. Our defence, Dumbuya aside, looked dodgy throughout and were getting dragged about into some stupid positions, it's incredible we only conceded once. I thought Dundee were very good, controlled most of the second half and deserved the win.

That said the new signings helped us look like a much more balanced side in the first half than in recent weeks. Instead of Amoo/McDaid running into defenders we had Muirhead who looks much more capable of linking up with the other forwards and timing his runs to get himself past defenders before receiving the ball, and he could even have scored once or twice. My only worry is why he's barely played at Dundee United, and if it might be something to do with why he looked so half-arsed so early in the second half. Hopefully he was just carrying a light injury, playing to his ability for a full game he'll be a big asset for us.

Dumbuya played like Ikechi fucking Anya, what a pro. Can't remember him letting anything cheap past him unlike Booth on the other side, and he supported the attack miles better than we've seen from Miller. on the albeit limited evidence he looks like the best crosser of the ball we've had since coming up, the one he layed on a plate for Stevenson was superb. I think a better sub for us in the second half would have been to bring Miller on for Muirhead/Lawless/Stevenson and push Dumbuya further forward, as he was probably our most persistent attacking threat over the whole game.

We've been through worse runs than this under Archibald and come back, but we need a win soon. Hopefully we play Dundee United before Ratnamara is punted.

Archived