Aberdeen v Celtic - 12/9/15

You certainly got the Commons shout spot on, always does well v Aberdeen and it was set up perfectly for him to come on and exploit things as players tired and they went down to ten men.

So we bring Forrest on :huh:

So whats the story with him ?

As an opposition fan, I always fear what he will do, whether it be from open play or a set piece. Cant figure out at all. He has single handedly won games against us in the past. Maybe he has past it I dont know as Ii havent watched him recently but always thought he was quality.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In recent years maybe, but what exactly is the Celtic strength in depth ? Armstrong maybe and Commons (they got that wrong yesterday he always plays well against us)

Argument is they would buy in January. But have Deila's signings so far made a difference ? I would saynthey are weaker.

We cant replace the quality lost ?. We had Flood, Pawlett, Goodwillie, Smith, Robson, Parker out of the XI and Reynolds injured. They can all come in and do a job. Shinnie, Considine, Hayes, McGinn and McLean can play in more than one position.

Celtic will continue to win games at home but are vulnerable away from home.

One thing I do agree with is that we will just focus on winning games. Our biggest test of the season will be next week. We need to back up that win on Tuesday and we rarely get a result at Tynecastle.

Title contenders ? We'll waint and see ? But these are enjoyable times after Bohemians, Skovdahl, Pele, Sigma, Queens Park, Raith, Dunfermline, 9-0, 6000 crowds and relegation battles.

No more Pepper, Djaffo, Mike, Ifil, Rowson, Solberg, et al

We have nothing to fear.

COYR

That's quite enough of that, if you don't mind! (You've probably missed out a few! :lol: ) *shudder*

I don't think they are mounting a challenge, they are just focusing on winning games, the league will take care of itself. But if the Don's are still right up there by the split then maybe they themselves might look at the possibility of winning the league, but that brings pressure on itself. If anyone thinks another team can challenge Celtic right now are either doing it for a laugh or are being very unrealistic after all we are only seven games into a thirty eight game league season.

Last season Celtic didn't really start to stretch it until after the January window, up til then we had my team Inverness CT at the top then Hamilton Accies, both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were also up there, five teams split by just a handful of points.

Celtic's strength is in the depth of the squad, once injuries and suspensions kick in for all the teams at about half way Celtic are more likely to replace like for like within the squad or buy new players sometimes from their rivals. But regardless on how little difference in quality between the usual first 11 at Celtic and the other teams up there at the top of the league's first choice 11, once the smaller teams start losing key players in one or two games they can't replace the quality lost.

What Aberdeen need to do is just keep winning games and build as much of a gap as possible, because Celtic will eventually try and chase them down later in the season.

To be honest I don't think celtic really stretched away from Aberdeen until the last few games of last season, a bad run of form after the split could still conceivably have cost them the title. Worth noting that Aberdeen started pretty slowly last season as well, and if you analyse both teams form, it was really Celtic's performances in the head to heads that proved decisive. I'm sure Aberdeen, like every other team in the world, will just be concentrating on trying to win games but teams will always also have objectives for a season and i'm pretty sure McInnes will be have been drumming into his players that their main one is to challenge for the league. You may well be right, for a number of pretty obvious reasons Celtic should prove to strong, but i don't think it will be a procession and that in itself is progress for the league.

If we are still in contention for the league title by January then Celtic will just go and spend a few million on players. That's really why it's highly unlikely anyone out with the bigot brothers will ever win the league again.

If Celtic, with all their resources do not win the league title, it will be the biggest failure in Scottish football history. Ronnie and Joan look capable of such an achievement at the moment. Wheels off the bus if Ajax pump them on Thursday. You just never know.

They'd be much better paying off Deila and appointing someone half way to competent..

Why the bigot board continue to stick with this clown is baffling

Because a poor manager with more cash than the other teams put together should get the job done and Ronnie isn't a Celtic manager because of his quality, its because he was a cheaper option.

Celtic only need to win the league, how many points by is irrelevant to the board.

Because a poor manager with more cash than the other teams put together should get the job done and Ronnie isn't a Celtic manager because of his quality, its because he was a cheaper option.

Celtic only need to win the league, how many points by is irrelevant to the board.

The stories have always been Ronny was meant to come in as an assistant to Neil Lennon after Mjallby decided to leave for a few years then take over the managers job, the club was keeping tabs on him for years after being impressed with his success at Stronsgodset

A couple of guid roars will soon sort things oot.

The Ronnie roar is cringeworthy, imagine celebrating like that after beating teams with only a small fraction of the budget Celtic have. Its not exactly something that brings the fans to Celtic Park or any away ground, they are still deserting in droves. Imagine these cutbacks by the board have been so much that they have underestimated the balance between just making sure they win the title and these cutbacks maybe not so much this season but next, they are going to get attacked from three sides, Aberdeen we know about them, Hearts will be stronger and have a year in the top league under their belt and then there's your lot coming up. Toys everywhere if they get it wrong.

The stories have always been Ronny was meant to come in as an assistant to Neil Lennon after Mjallby decided to leave for a few years then take over the managers job, the club was keeping tabs on him for years after being impressed with his success at Stronsgodset

The board knew that they had to cut back the budget and probably had a large list of potential managers lined up to replace Lennon even then, makes no difference Ronny was a cheap option available, the board were impressed with the job he did on a tight budget. The board wanted him to do the same with Celtic in the Champions League. If Celtic fall in the group stage of the EL I think the board will release funds for him to spend in January rather than sack him unless Celtic are down in fourth place 15 points behind Aberdeen and behind Hearts and Ross County.

There will be. Why don't you have one when you win the league?

I'd imagine that would get boring after a while, not for diddys like you, for successful clubs. 10 titles in the last 15 years is a bit much, we'll stick to a lap of honour at hampden and parading the trophy at paradise.

You get the bus out for beating Caley thistle on penalties after a boring 0-0 draw Big time. You're double European trophy winners must've had a shiver of embarrassment with that one.

I'd imagine that would get boring after a while, not for diddys like you, for successful clubs. 10 titles in the last 15 years is a bit much, we'll stick to a lap of honour at hampden and parading the trophy at paradise.

You get the bus out for beating Caley thistle on penalties after a boring 0-0 draw Big time. You're double European trophy winners must've had a shiver of embarrassment with that one.

This is the old firm mentality summed up perfectly.

Why would Aberdeen beating my team Inverness CT in a League Cup final be embarrassing, they managed to beat us in a Cup competition which is a lot more than your greeting faced mob achieved last season in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Why would Aberdeen beating my team Inverness CT in a League Cup final be embarrassing, they managed to beat us in a Cup competition which is a lot more than your greeting faced mob achieved last season in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Parading the trophy in a open top bus is embarrassing.

Archived