Aberdeen v Celtic - 12/9/15

Reckon Celtics back 4 issues wouldn't be half as bad if they had a proper forward line. Griffiths runs his arse off, making passes, headers and goals. He has suddenly become a one man show. Celtic offer no other threat to force a well organised team to change their set up. Close down the wide areas keep Griffiths quiet and that's it.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic defence is worrying. Mulgrew is not a defender.

Collins will be manager by late November

Celtic's defence has now conceded almost half of the goals conceded in the whole of last season's league campaign after only 7 games, while Aberdeen have only conceded 2 after 6 games, yes 6 games the Don's can go 5 points clear this week if they beat Hamilton.

Celtic have only one goalscorer of note Leigh Griffiths, this is something that has been overlooked, without Griffiths Celtic could struggle for goals and the edge that kills teams off. Celtic are not scoring goals for fun like they did last season.

It says a lot that we cheered on Efe Ambrose.

You know you're on a winner when Celtic think they can win a game bringing him and flasher Forrest on.

I just don't get the whole Efe Ambrose thing? I simply can't think of a single reason why we would ever put him on the park or why he is still at our club? Comic relief is all I got?? Anyone else see a purpose for Efe?

And Forrest, surely there aren't any of our competitors that would have any concern about facing him right? Doesn't matter how many players he beats (can run faster than) his final ball is guaranteed to be rubbish. Why even bother trying to stop him, just let him blast the ball out of play.

Celtic's defence has now conceded almost half of the goals conceded in the whole of last season's league campaign after only 7 games, while Aberdeen have only conceded 2 after 6 games, yes 6 games the Don's can go 5 points clear this week if they beat Hamilton.

Celtic have only one goalscorer of note Leigh Griffiths, this is something that has been overlooked, without Griffiths Celtic could struggle for goals and the edge that kills teams off. Celtic are not scoring goals for fun like they did last season.

Without Griffiths and Rooney both of our respective clubs would be in trouble. Tho I'll admit we rely more on Grif than the Dons do on Rooney.

I just don't get the whole Efe Ambrose thing? I simply can't think of a single reason why we would ever put him on the park or why he is still at our club? Comic relief is all I got?? Anyone else see a purpose for Efe?

And Forrest, surely there aren't any of our competitors that would have any concern about facing him right? Doesn't matter how many players he beats (can run faster than) his final ball is guaranteed to be rubbish. Why even bother trying to stop him, just let him blast the ball out of play.

post-42805-14421414748432_thumb.jpg

No.

Willing to put money on it. When Sevco get promoted, if Shinnie hasn't broke into the Scotland squad by then of course, Lee Wallace will be on the squad over Forsyth.

Thank you. In that one sentence you have proved our point (and you havent realised it)

Thank you. In that one sentence you have proved our point (and you havent realised it)

I've not though. I'm wanting Shinnie who's playing for Aberdeen in the squad over Forsyth who's playing at Derby. I've said it over and over and over.

I think Lee Wallace is a better LB than him though, but until he's playing in the premiership he doesn't deserve to be in the squad and Shinnie should be ahead of him.

Interesting to see the team lines for Celtic on Thursday - the fact you cant name their best XI is another worry for them

Personally would say Johanson needs to be reinstated at number 10 or beside Biton and drop Brown who is a shadow of the player from last season.

Rogic is not there yet and GMS is quiet. Get armstrong back in there.

Lustig will need to go in at centre half assuming Simunovic is not up to much

Congratulations to Derek McIness and his team, terrific result and just what the league needed. Feel like they are giving the game up here a much needed shot in the arm, naturally Celtic will still be favourites but not outwith the realms of possibility that the Dons could push them very hard.

Think their respective records against the other ten teams were very similar last season and Aberdeen have unquestionably strengthened over the summer while Celtic appear to have been weakened. Looking at the squad McIness has assembled he seems to have a lot of hungry, talented players all at a really good age and as a club they look to be carrying a sense that things could just be about to open up for them to achieve something special.

Have nothing in particular against Celtic but think it's so refreshing to see a team up here show the ambition and belief to mount a challenge, would really love to see Aberdeen go on and do it.

Congratulations to Derek McIness and his team, terrific result and just what the league needed. Feel like they are giving the game up here a much needed shot in the arm, naturally Celtic will still be favourites but not outwith the realms of possibility that the Dons could push them very hard.

Think their respective records against the other ten teams were very similar last season and Aberdeen have unquestionably strengthened over the summer while Celtic appear to have been weakened. Looking at the squad McIness has assembled he seems to have a lot of hungry, talented players all at a really good age and as a club they look to be carrying a sense that things could just be about to open up for them to achieve something special.

Have nothing in particular against Celtic but think it's so refreshing to see a team up here show the ambition and belief to mount a challenge, would really love to see Aberdeen go on and do it.

I don't think they are mounting a challenge, they are just focusing on winning games, the league will take care of itself. But if the Don's are still right up there by the split then maybe they themselves might look at the possibility of winning the league, but that brings pressure on itself. If anyone thinks another team can challenge Celtic right now are either doing it for a laugh or are being very unrealistic after all we are only seven games into a thirty eight game league season.

Last season Celtic didn't really start to stretch it until after the January window, up til then we had my team Inverness CT at the top then Hamilton Accies, both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were also up there, five teams split by just a handful of points.

Celtic's strength is in the depth of the squad, once injuries and suspensions kick in for all the teams at about half way Celtic are more likely to replace like for like within the squad or buy new players sometimes from their rivals. But regardless on how little difference in quality between the usual first 11 at Celtic and the other teams up there at the top of the league's first choice 11, once the smaller teams start losing key players in one or two games they can't replace the quality lost.

What Aberdeen need to do is just keep winning games and build as much of a gap as possible, because Celtic will eventually try and chase them down later in the season.

I don't think they are mounting a challenge, they are just focusing on winning games, the league will take care of itself. But if the Don's are still right up there by the split then maybe they themselves might look at the possibility of winning the league, but that brings pressure on itself. If anyone thinks another team can challenge Celtic right now are either doing it for a laugh or are being very unrealistic after all we are only seven games into a thirty eight game league season.

Last season Celtic didn't really start to stretch it until after the January window, up til then we had my team Inverness CT at the top then Hamilton Accies, both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were also up there, five teams split by just a handful of points.

Celtic's strength is in the depth of the squad, once injuries and suspensions kick in for all the teams at about half way Celtic are more likely to replace like for like within the squad or buy new players sometimes from their rivals. But regardless on how little difference in quality between the usual first 11 at Celtic and the other teams up there at the top of the league's first choice 11, once the smaller teams start losing key players in one or two games they can't replace the quality lost.

What Aberdeen need to do is just keep winning games and build as much of a gap as possible, because Celtic will eventually try and chase them down later in the season.

In recent years maybe, but what exactly is the Celtic strength in depth ? Armstrong maybe and Commons (they got that wrong yesterday he always plays well against us)

Argument is they would buy in January. But have Deila's signings so far made a difference ? I would saynthey are weaker.

We cant replace the quality lost ?. We had Flood, Pawlett, Goodwillie, Smith, Robson, Parker out of the XI and Reynolds injured. They can all come in and do a job. Shinnie, Considine, Hayes, McGinn and McLean can play in more than one position.

Celtic will continue to win games at home but are vulnerable away from home.

One thing I do agree with is that we will just focus on winning games. Our biggest test of the season will be next week. We need to back up that win on Tuesday and we rarely get a result at Tynecastle.

Title contenders ? We'll waint and see ? But these are enjoyable times after Bohemians, Skovdahl, Pele, Sigma, Queens Park, Raith, Dunfermline, 9-0, 6000 crowds and relegation battles.

No more Pepper, Djaffo, Mike, Ifil, Rowson, Solberg, et al

We have nothing to fear.

COYR

Archived