Aberdeen v Celtic - 12/9/15

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have read this thread and still haven't found out if Rico thinks Shinnie is a better player than Mulgrew. Is it against the T & Cs of the Celtic season ticket to confirm that there are better players in other teams?

Mulgrew is a better centre half and holding midfielder than Shinnie.

Shinnie is probably a better LB but not sure I'd be any more confident with him lining up instead of Mulgrew against Thomas Muller and Emre Can tbh.

Shinnie is probably a better LB but not sure I'd be any more confident with him lining up instead of Mulgrew against Thomas Muller and Emre Can tbh.

So it isn't against the T & Cs for season ticket holders then. ;)

Shinnie is a far better player in every position compared to mulgrew. He is horse

Mulgrew was Motm in defensive midfield and centre half in both games v Ireland, has one poor game against the World Champions and you hear shite like this

What's this got to with anything? A couple of good games against decent opposition means nothing. Shinnie out performs Mulgrew on a consistent basis. Mulgrew is murder at left back and probably is better as a holding midfielder but I'd have Shinnie over him all day long.

Mulgrew was Motm in defensive midfield and centre half in both games v Ireland, has one poor game against the World Champions and you hear shite like this

Who's to say Shinnie might have been motm in all three had he played. Certainly showed his class in the Scottish Cup semi final last season against Celtic.

I see Shinnie has helped take Aberdeen to another level, does Mulgrew do similar for Celtic?.

And yes Shinnie is a better player than Mulgrew. :lol:

What's this got to with anything? A couple of good games against decent opposition means nothing. Shinnie out performs Mulgrew on a consistent basis. Mulgrew is murder at left back and probably is better as a holding midfielder but I'd have Shinnie over him all day long.

Mulgrew is a better player than Shinnie. They're different types of players. Mulgrew is a centre half or a defensive midfielder that mixes it up. Shinnie is more of a ball player when he plays in the middle of the park or a left back. I agree Shinnie should be in the squad but if anyone's to drop out its definitely not Mulgrew, it should be Forsyth.

Well that'll teach me for being such a negative, pessimistic b*****d pre match. That was magic!

To show such character with 10 men shows what the new sumer signings have injected - steel, character, belief. Shinnie, Quinn and Taylor were superb for us today, Jack after a quiet first half stepped up to the required mark as captain second half versus Scott Brown.

Not quite sure how Andy Considine stays on the park after conceding the penalty, superb ball from Mulgrew and movement from Griffiths.

What McInnes said at half time worked a treat, we came out with a real fight and a lot more quality in our play. Idiocy from Boyata for our penalty, well placed by Rooney.

The red card for Hayes at the time seemed fair enough from my angle, not so sure having seen it briefly on the highlights. How Scott Brown escpaed without a caution is beyond me. But both sets of fans can agree that Craig Thomson, as usual in big games, was utterly woeful

The character shown with 10 men was incredible, a real sea change from last season. When we needed quality, Niall McGinn stepped up to the mark with an excellent delivery and Paul Quinn shook off Scott Brown and Tyler Blackett with ease to score the winner.

The scenes at full time were extraordinary. Something I've not witnessed in a domestic match at Pittodrie.

Just a shame the wee 10 year old lad and his dad next to me missed the full time celebrations after the young lad got struck with a coin thrown from the Celtic end in stoppage time at the end. The amount of coins and fag lighters thrown over after both goals and at full time was vile. It's a game of football at the end of the day. Suck it up, take a rare defeat with some dignity and class.

Overall, a great day to be a Dandy!

We have players like Shinnie not getting a look in while Strachan puts that diddy Mulgrew at left back, I can see his point.

I don't have a problem with brown etc being picked in the first 11 in front of jack etc however our boys should be in the squad to prepare them for a few years time.

It's the usual short sighted management. No contingency or forward planning.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. This is a fact though. Graeme Shinnie is one of the best players in the best Aberdeen side of the last 20 years. Charlie Mulgrew played in the Mark McGhee Aberdeen team and was dreadful. He got tore apart at left back week after week and was responsible for one of the worst performance I've ever seen in a dons top. I'm yet to see Shinnie have a bad game. If Shinnie goes to Celtic he walks into their team.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. This is a fact though. Graeme Shinnie is one of the best players in the best Aberdeen side of the last 20 years. Charlie Mulgrew played in the Mark McGhee Aberdeen team and was dreadful. He got tore apart at left back week after week and was responsible for one of the worst performance I've ever seen in a dons top. I'm yet to see Shinnie have a bad game. If Shinnie goes to Celtic he walks into their team.

Mulgrews come on leaps and bounds though and he has been good for Scotland.

I like Shinnie and he would walk into Celtics team. Celtics defence looks awful and it's genuinely quite exciting knowing how solid Aberdeen look. However I'm not so sure why Mulgrews getting so much flak, yes he wasn't great on Monday but he's usually good for Scotland.

And do you honestly think any Scottish left back would've done any better against the likes of Muller/Can/Goetze? I'm not so sure. I think it's clear that he was picked at LB on Monday to try and counter Mullers aerial threat.

I would go as far as saying I think Wallace is a much better LB than Mulgrew. I think Shinnie should be in squad, but over Forsyth.

Archived