BSC Glasgow v Gretna

Cicero

Last week after our rather fortuitous result against Spartans and City’s hammering to Whitehill, I was hoping that we found the lucky charm that City must have lost. At half time yesterday, I was even more convinced. How Gretna went into the interval leading, I will never know. Well I do as Iain Anderson took his brace of goals brilliantly. Most of the first half consisted of BSC battering the Gretna goal and a string of superb saves from Vinnie Parker kept Gretna in the match.

However the second half was a different story. Anderson’s second goal just before the interval and An early second half goal from Connor Graham seemed to knock the wind out of the BSC sails and they looked a different team in the second half. It was then Gretna’s turn to dominate the game and one of Longcake’s mazey runs finally resulted in an excellent goal. This goal effectively put the match beyond BSC’s reach.

BSC did get a second goal late on but a straight red was shown their number 4 meant that the points were going back down to Raydale.

Pretty much spot on cic, we had four one on one's with the keeper managed to score one the other three were awful attempts we also hit the bar from a header and the keeper had two great saves from free kicks in the second half gretna came back out but bsc didn't but well done to gretna for taking their chances

Yes we were poor in the 1st half but it just shows certainly at this level what having a good keeper between the posts does for you, Vinny will win & has already won points on his own this season, fantastic last week against Spartans & another great showing yesterday. Iain Anderson wasn't even fit yesterday, just back from Ibiza but if thats what it does for your game i'd let him go more often, clinical finishing something he's lacked so far this season but with a run of games now where i'd be expecting us to come away with maximum points he could notch a few more.

A good game between two attacking sides, hopefully we can kick on in the next few weeks.

I wouldnt say Gretna were poor 1st half, I thought the 1st half was a brilliant advertisement for LL both teams playing good attacking football, without a doubt BSC had better chances and we were delighted to go in 1-2.

Gretna played really well 2nd half and after the 3rd and 4th went in BSC started to lose their discipline and Gretna's pace going forward was causing all sorts of problems.

We are a better team away from home IMO, were at best when counter attacking

Archived