City 2015-16

tamthebam

I'm getting a petition going to have Citeh deducted 25 points for being cheats.

Sign below

Grimbo

Eta I forgot to sign it

Grimbo

Grimbo

If you'd going down that road we'd have to have a petition to deduct 25 trophies from Spartans! :P

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see what the red gave it for. The big number four bowls him over as he's on god way down. Might have been for that?

Think it was. Templeton seemed to be shaping up for a straight leg tackle but didn't follow through. Allum hesitated and at the same moment Morris barged him in the back, which is what I thought the penalty had been given for in the first place. The referee was ten feet away. (And the ref is a category 2 official from Cumbernauld, so he's not likely to be either inexperienced or a lifelong Edinburgh City supporter.)

Apart from Ouzy See staying on the park, I think City were also lucky not to concede a penalty when Chris McKee hooked Jack Smith's arm. I didn't see that one on the day, and it's obvious it was on the blind side of all the officials as well.

I wasn't at the game but it did look a wee bit of a 5.9 to me but none of the incidents involving EK players highlighted on the video are stonewallers either. What is the badge on the stand side linesman's shirt? Doesn't look like an SFA badge.

Apparently he's Slovakian, at Uni over here, which explains the non SFA badge and black rather than navy kit.

having watched the video -------------at real speed i agree the ref gave a penalty on what he saw and it was a deffo penalty

but when you actually see the contact or non contact deffo dive

no blame no probs any player would do the same so move on **** he dived they won

having watched the video -------------at real speed i agree the ref gave a penalty on what he saw and it was a deffo penalty

but when you actually see the contact or non contact deffo dive

no blame no probs any player would do the same so move on **** he dived they won

Yeah... but Ross Allum was playing at real speed as well. No-one said he was tripped; he obviously wasn't. He pulled back from a tackle which didn't arrive and was hit in the back by someone who wasn't going for the ball. Not deliberately - the referee was ten feet away from the incident and didn't book Morris - but he was fouled. Allum did not dive and City won.

City are through and await the viist of Buckie, end of.

City and EK were both through already as they finished first and second in the LL. This was a league game- actually think EK would be less upset if it was the cup game as the result probably affects their title chance a fair bit and this I believe ( based on the local press) is their main aim.

• 2 weeks later...

well.......

it was a blood and snotters derby. On chances I would admit that Spartans shaded it in the first half and were unlucky when they hit the junction of the post and bar with a cracking free kick. Both sides didn't seem to hold back and yellow cards were flashed about by the ref. A Spartans boy was perhaps lucky to escape with a caution when he took out Caddow on the wing and this caused all sorts of handbags but in Arsene Wenger style "ah did not have clear view of thee inceedent". Similarly I missed what Rossco was sent off for and after that we were thinking "ooh, we'd do well to get a 0-0 draw out of this one" but up popped Ousy to nick a goal- dare I say it Cloudy style! Spartans tried their best to get an equalliser in the dying minutes but we held out so the result is...

post-12982-0-89273300-1444520435.jpg

however there's still a lot of points to be won: we have to go to those graveyards of City sides past: Pennypit, Fergie Park and Victoria Park. Threave have a no bad record at the Stadium. We still have Spartans to play away. We could even go on a Spartans-esque cup run which would be nice and distract us from league duties. To quote Churchill "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. It is perhaps the end of the beginning".

well.......

it was a blood and snotters derby. On chances I would admit that Spartans shaded it in the first half and were unlucky when they hit the junction of the post and bar with a cracking free kick. Both sides didn't seem to hold back and yellow cards were flashed about by the ref. A Spartans boy was perhaps lucky to escape with a caution when he took out Caddow on the wing and this caused all sorts of handbags but in Arsene Wenger style "ah did not have clear view of thee inceedent". Similarly I missed what Rossco was sent off for and after that we were thinking "ooh, we'd do well to get a 0-0 draw out of this one" but up popped Ousy to nick a goal- dare I say it Cloudy style! Spartans tried their best to get an equalliser in the dying minutes but we held out so the result is...

obama.jpg

however there's still a lot of points to be won: we have to go to those graveyards of City sides past: Pennypit, Fergie Park and Victoria Park. Threave have a no bad record at the Stadium. We still have Spartans to play away. We could even go on a Spartans-esque cup run which would be nice and distract us from league duties. To quote Churchill "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. It is perhaps the end of the beginning".

Fair.

Although the Churchillian quotes should be left for when you are up at Fergie park where you can fight them on the beaches.

Let's hope it's not all over by Christmas.

Grimbo

Fair.

Although the Churchillian quotes should be left for when you are up at Fergie park where you can fight them on the beaches.

Let's hope it's not all over by Christmas.

Grimbo

At least it's oor beach Grimbo ;)

Archived