City 2015-16

tamthebam

Yep. We were poor that day and Whitehill might even have had five; but both sides were on fine form yesterday.

Good result at Wick yesterday, Rab. We won 4-1 there a few years back, but that wasn't a fair reflection of the play; Wick had a perfectly good goal chalked off when the score was 3-1 to City with five minutes to go, and we went straight up the park and got a fourth. Best of luck for the replay.

Very true Scrooge huge result for you yesterday in the battle of the top 2.

Cheers delighted to still be in it. Hopefully we can make home advantage count next week and finish the job off.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the absence of Tam The Bam, I'll keep this thread up to date.

Kilby must hate seeing City roll up to K-Park. We've played four matches there in three seasons and won them all; and in all but the first of these, a draw would have been the fairest result.

East Kilbride went one up in 13 minutes. Jack Smith volleyed in a cross from the right. It looked as though it was going wide, but Stobie moved up to cover it anyway; but it bounced off a City defender and into the net with Stobie stranded.

John Dunn equalised in 36 minutes. Kris Gebbie managed to break up a City attack but his clearance was picked up by Dunn, whose low shot was too fast for McGinley to stop.

Kilby pressed hard in the second half and a couple of City players were booked for tripping. Craig Hastings went in the book when the referee judged that he had dived in the City box, and Ouzy See was very lucky to stay on the park after he appeared to kick Coll in an off-the-ball incident.

City picked up in the last 15 minutes and came close a few times. In 89 minutes Ross Allum cut into the box and was barged to the ground. With Dougie Gair not playing Allum took the penalty himself. Matt McGinley touched it onto his right-hand post but it rolled along the goal-line before going in.

A very hard match, and a great win over the best team we have faced since Brora Rangers.

Here is a link to the highlights from the match

Very hard to judge penalty decisions at game but after seeing Ek tv highlights Mr magoo could see that allum cheated.there was no contact he put his leg across ek player and went down very easily for a big boy.maybe cancel his sky sports subscription and won't be getting tips of some epl players how to earn penalty.also ref wasn't very impartial seemed to get big decisions wrong in favour of Edinburgh city but hey ho that's football.

I wasn't at the game but it did look a wee bit of a 5.9 to me but none of the incidents involving EK players highlighted on the video are stonewallers either. What is the badge on the stand side linesman's shirt? Doesn't look like an SFA badge.

Smith got his arm tugged by defender winter got brushed by thigh of defender so there was contact in both instances. Allum never got touched that's the difference.He fell as you put it with no contact.so what your saying is what allum did i.e.diving in box for penalty late on is acceptable well I disagree vehemently as it soured a splendid game.

The ref gave it because he dived obviously even you can see that or have you got Mr Magoo syndrome as well.surely not it's catching.hahaha

That's not why the ref gave it. He never stood there thinking 'that's a dive so I'll give him a pen' . Intrigued to know what the ref 'saw'. We could be looking at a 'trip' while he's watching the 'push'

Bit rich that coming from someone whose team is sitting pretty in 13th position in LL but you never know maybe one day.

I dont see what that has to do with my opinion on the EK/City game? Pie and Bovril is where people express opinions on games and everyone has different opinions to everyone else thats the beauty of freedom of speech so i dont know where your going with that comment tbh!

Archived