City 2015-16

tamthebam

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A visit to the home of the brave by Vale of Leithen, who have't a great record at Meadowbank. But Sir Michael of Lawson does, albeit as a manager of some none too shabby Spartans and Whitehill teams. Add into the mix the return of one Robert Ross ESQ and it could prove to be an interesting match for the City.

We enjoyed a good result last week at BSC and hopefully we can keep things going. I don't think our trialist will be staying due to various factors but he looks a player and scored a lovely goal last week. I didn't really pick up on the incident that saw the BSC player sent off near the end and fortunately no-one saw the incident when I took a tumble on the terracing behind the goals - I went running to retrieve a ball that had been shot over, forgot the terracing was stepped, tripped and skinned my knee. Oww.

Due to unforeseen circumstances

post-12982-0-31821800-1443287376.jpg

basically a dodgy gearbox in the tammobile and a wish to go and say Goodbye Mr Cockenzie* meant I couldn't make the Kilby game. The Curse of Tam struck another club though in that every time I don't go to a City game the team wins.

A last minute penalty however seems to confirm my growing suspicion that we are the new Spartans... :whistle

(*tbh I nicked this joke. Btw Shirley Manson: Wid)

In the absence of Tam The Bam, I'll keep this thread up to date.

Kilby must hate seeing City roll up to K-Park. We've played four matches there in three seasons and won them all; and in all but the first of these, a draw would have been the fairest result.

East Kilbride went one up in 13 minutes. Jack Smith volleyed in a cross from the right. It looked as though it was going wide, but Stobie moved up to cover it anyway; but it bounced off a City defender and into the net with Stobie stranded.

John Dunn equalised in 36 minutes. Kris Gebbie managed to break up a City attack but his clearance was picked up by Dunn, whose low shot was too fast for McGinley to stop.

Kilby pressed hard in the second half and a couple of City players were booked for tripping. Craig Hastings went in the book when the referee judged that he had dived in the City box, and Ouzy See was very lucky to stay on the park after he appeared to kick Coll in an off-the-ball incident.

City picked up in the last 15 minutes and came close a few times. In 89 minutes Ross Allum cut into the box and was barged to the ground. With Dougie Gair not playing Allum took the penalty himself. Matt McGinley touched it onto his right-hand post but it rolled along the goal-line before going in.

A very hard match, and a great win over the best team we have faced since Brora Rangers.

Actually Edinburgh city should have been down to 10 men TRIALIST did kick Ek left back linesman saw it told ref he bottled it then gave edin dubious penalty booked Ek player in first half for diving another dubious decision but apart from that very good game between 2 good sides ek didn't deserve to lose but that's football for you.

A very hard match, and a great win over the best team we have faced since Brora Rangers.

Better than the team who won 4-1 at Meadowbank Scrooge? :P

Yep. We were poor that day and Whitehill might even have had five; but both sides were on fine form yesterday.

Good result at Wick yesterday, Rab. We won 4-1 there a few years back, but that wasn't a fair reflection of the play; Wick had a perfectly good goal chalked off when the score was 3-1 to City with five minutes to go, and we went straight up the park and got a fourth. Best of luck for the replay.

Actually Edinburgh city should have been down to 10 men TRIALIST did kick Ek left back linesman saw it told ref he bottled it then gave edin dubious penalty booked Ek player in first half for diving another dubious decision but apart from that very good game between 2 good sides ek didn't deserve to lose but that's football for you.

Didn't see the kick myself but a lot of our supporters did and they agree with you. I thought the penalty award was pretty straightforward from my angle - Ross Allum prefers to score goals rather than earn penalties - but when EKTV comes out it may make things clearer.

Archived