Red Motorbike 2up, A92 just north of Montrose

longjohn

Just on the off chance that the "rider" of the above red motorbike reads this.

Remember the silver Kia that was turning out from Charleton Farm across your path southbound at around 1100hrs on Saturday 29th August?

I was that driver and there was no need for your attitude. You came round the corner just as I started to pull out. You were not in sight when I started the manoeuvre. You obviously feel that I endangered you. Bollocks, you came round a blind corner, I could not have seen you any sooner just as you could not have seen me due to the stone wall and hedge.

Even so there was plenty time for me to complete my turn before you got near me. Had you been that close you would not have had time to:

1. Reduce your speed by braking etc

2. Then flash your headlights.

3. Then give it the middle finger rude gestures before you reached my vehicle which was by this time on the other carriageway and coming toward you on the opposite carriageway.

I can only surmise that you were in a bad mood because:

a. Your other half was premenstrual and you didn't get any that morning.

b. You were premenstrual and your other half didn't give you any that morning

c. Someone else on the road had already pissed you off and you decided to take it out on the first person who crossed your path.

d. You are a very inexperienced/poor/newly qualified "rider".

I would guess point d. applies. Seriously, you need to attend an advanced motorbike course where they will teach you excellent skills including:

i. How to assess distances

ii. How to assess stopping distances

iii. How to "read" the road. Examples of this would include noticing that you are approaching a rather blind bend where there are clearly marked signs telling you there is a farm shop just around that bend on the left side. An advanced rider would have noted this and then considered the possibility of encountering a turning vehicle just beyond that blind bend.

iv. The importance of adhering to national speed limits when negotiating blind bends on country roads.

You may have passed your motorbike DOT test but you are not a biker, you are not a motorcyclist. You will only earn those titles when you improve your roadcraft and get rid of your bad attitude. Displays like yours really do give us bikers a bad name. Yes, I passed my bike test too in 1981.

The person I really feel sorry for is your pillion. I would suggest next time that they take the bus, boring but better that being in the hands of someone so lacking in rider skills, road sense and courtesy as you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hazard a guess you didn't the chance to say all that at the time and just said sorry.

Didn't get the chance to say anything mate, he departed at a rate of knots. Thing is I would have said sorry, I don't like pulling out in front of people especially bikes but I could not have been any more careful than I was. Anyway he still had plenty time and space 'til I got out of his way.

I had a mate that worked in the ambulance service and they referred to motorcyclists as "organ donors"...

incidentally if you're the driver of a silver VW that was going through Holyrood Park at 7.30 tonight I f*cking expect a signal when you're making a right turn at a roundabout, you lazy turd.

To the woman on the No.3 bus - just in case you post on here - you are lovely. You didn't notice me but I was ogling your tits, trying not to leer to much, and nursing a semi. Fancy a drink sometime?

Long john, I was that motorbike rider.

I wasn't giving you a twos up out of anger. I was showing you how many fingers I wanted to stick up your bum hole. I was hoping you'd follow me into the quiet wee lay by just a mile or so up the road and tongue punch my fart box for me.

I guess you misread the signs.

Archived