1st vs 2nd (Forfar vs Dunfermline) Sat 5th September

Falkingham just needs to calm it sometimes, gives away too many silly fouls.

I prefer Byrne in midfield, but can see AJ sticking with Falkingham for this one.

Will be a physical game and he does that a little better than Byrne.

Looking forward to the game, other than Williamson we have a fully fit squad to choose from.

Not sure about Forfar, sure Douglas will be fine but is there a worry about Swankie, imagine he'd be a big miss if he's out??

Falkingham just needs smashed at the start of the game and then he becomes anonymous . He's a wee fairy.

Swankie would be a miss in any team in this league but we are also missing o brien at the back through injury and I'm not sure about the availability of denholm this week due to his red card v hearts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleasing performance and win (and only £6!). Thought we were just too quick for them from deep. It looks to me like Forfar identified Moffat and Fais as the biggest threats and were set up to nullify them. They actually had a bit of success doing that as both were fairly quiet compared to recent games, although Moff did score (ruled offside) and Fais had 3 really good chances to do so.

The result of their focus being defensively being on our front two meant we dominated the midfield and they had little chance stopping various attacks. They were especially susceptible down the left and this was exploited often. Falkingham and Geggan didn't allow them to build attacks and often got (Paul!) Paton and Cardle in good forward positions with some incisive passing. Paton once again was class and his positional awareness is so good that he always seemed to be in space. Martin and Talbot provided good support out wide. Both put in some decent crosses.

First goal was a great statement coming so early. Lovely cross and nice finish from Joe. Second was lucky in that it was a keeper howler. Unlucky big Rab! Penalty was poor and too easy for a guy like Douglas to save, although it was a pretty soft decision. Credit to Joe for keeping at it and it was a lovely through ball and a cool finish for his hattrick. Lovely header to cap off an excellent display from Geggan.

A clean sheet as well! Forfar nearly scored near the end but a good defensive cover (think it was Fordyce) stopped it. Loved BRE's big clattering challenge on their young sub later on in the second half.

Thought Hopkirk looked good when he came on and seemes desperate to get more game time, but no one should be dropped so it's just unlucky for him just now. Wallace must be worried with the arrival of MAC.

The dickhead steward who spent the whole game swaggering and eyeballing fans must have went home and wanked himself in to a coma for throwing out the young Forfar fans. Thought when they were following the linesman it was pretty funny and don't see what rules they broke to be ejected. The coward steward obviously just saw them as an easy target to act hard in front of.

Very pleasing performance and win (and only £6!). Thought we were just too quick for them from deep. It looks to me like Forfar identified Moffat and Fais as the biggest threats and were set up to nullify them. They actually had a bit of success doing that as both were fairly quiet compared to recent games, although Moff did score (ruled offside) and Fais had 3 really good chances to do so.

The result of their focus being defensively being on our front two meant we dominated the midfield and they had little chance stopping various attacks. They were especially susceptible down the left and this was exploited often. Falkingham and Geggan didn't allow them to build attacks and often got (Paul!) Paton and Cardle in good forward positions with some incisive passing. Paton once again was class and his positional awareness is so good that he always seemed to be in space. Martin and Talbot provided good support out wide. Both put in some decent crosses.

First goal was a great statement coming so early. Lovely cross and nice finish from Joe. Second was lucky in that it was a keeper howler. Unlucky big Rab! Penalty was poor and too easy for a guy like Douglas to save, although it was a pretty soft decision. Credit to Joe for keeping at it and it was a lovely through ball and a cool finish for his hattrick. Lovely header to cap off an excellent display from Geggan.

A clean sheet as well! Forfar nearly scored near the end but a good defensive cover (think it was Fordyce) stopped it. Loved BRE's big clattering challenge on their young sub later on in the second half.

Thought Hopkirk looked good when he came on and seemes desperate to get more game time, but no one should be dropped so it's just unlucky for him just now. Wallace must be worried with the arrival of MAC.

The dickhead steward who spent the whole game swaggering and eyeballing fans must have went home and wanked himself in to a coma for throwing out the young Forfar fans. Thought when they were following the linesman it was pretty funny and don't see what rules they broke to be ejected. The coward steward obviously just saw them as an easy target to act hard in front of.

Probably spot on with your report of the game , we were never really in it , the point is actually your point of the steward ! I take it it was the one with the baseball cap , a complete and utter dickhead , at the end of the day they were just kids having fun , a club like Forfar we need supporters young & old to keep coming , wankers like them will put them off from attending , that same group of kids went all the way to Ayr without any problems to back their team 2 weeks ago , if away fans can spot our dickhead stewards surely our club can ????

Great watching those highlights, sadly was working yesterday so wasn't able to go.

Saw John fucking Watson absolutely fucking rinse big Rab today which was funny as f**k!

Looking forward to Ayr on sat and really looking forward to United next Tuesday :thumsup2

Absolutely pumped :lol:

Pars highlights have more details....

Ominously for Forfar, Joe Cardle crossing himself Father Dougal style before kick off and BRE molesting our keeper at 0.36-0.40. Chris Templeman felling a young lady at 2.59. Again, a Cowden-style wall and fence would have saved her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYwyOw1LVc

Probably spot on with your report of the game , we were never really in it , the point is actually your point of the steward ! I take it it was the one with the baseball cap , a complete and utter dickhead , at the end of the day they were just kids having fun , a club like Forfar we need supporters young & old to keep coming , wankers like them will put them off from attending , that same group of kids went all the way to Ayr without any problems to back their team 2 weeks ago , if away fans can spot our dickhead stewards surely our club can ????

Aye that was the guy. Seemed he was absolutely desperate for something to happen so he could show how hard he thinks he is. His pal with the ginger hair seemed the same and has previous for it at both Station Park and Brechin.

Thought we were as poor as we have been at home in a long time, not that it would have mattered, that Dunfermline team is far, far too good for this level and actually like Johnstons QOTS team that scooshed this league a couple of seasons ago a bloody good watch too.

Great watching those highlights, sadly was working yesterday so wasn't able to go.

Saw John fucking Watson absolutely fucking rinse big Rab today which was funny as f**k!

Looking forward to Ayr on sat and really looking forward to United next Tuesday :thumsup2

Absolutely pumped :lol:

You're going to be pretty disappointed...

I noticed the young Forfar fans following the linesman along the terrace during the second half, which I thought was pretty amusing. Did they actually get chucked out after that? Christ.

On the game I thought we were very good and could've had more goals. I'd be upset with the defending for the first if I were a Forfar fan, but big Rab was unfortunate not to keep Cardle' second one out. They had one or two chances but we were always in control and well worth our win. I realise they had people like Swankie out but, regardless, not many will go up there and hit four so it was a tremendous result.

A lot of good performances but Geggan and Falkingham deserve a special mention - they're looking back to the levels we saw when they first joined the club. I thought the two of them were excellent.

Archived