1st vs 2nd (Forfar vs Dunfermline) Sat 5th September

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it Cowden fans are, once again, abandoning their own side and going in their superiors' opponents' end in hope of us getting beat?

We shouldn't underestimate Forfar, but we shouldn't be doubting that our players can't go there and win, like they have done already this season and settle for just a point so early in the season.

For a club hoping to achieve promotion this year, we should be expecting 3 points in every game in this league (although that will never happen).

Maybe see Byrne back in for this? AJ seemed to have a different game plan for dealing with the much bigger midfielders of Dundee and Stranraer but that surface suits Byrne's passing.

Part of me thinks we should toughen up and get BRE, Talbot and Fordyce dishing out a bit of rough treatment but refs do love giving Forfar red and yellow cards. Probably be more productive if we mince about, diving and appealing for everything from the ref and get them down to nine or ten men.

Probably be more productive if we mince about, diving and appealing for everything from the ref and get them down to nine or ten men.

I'd keep Josh 'Fallingdownham' on then.

Falkingham just needs to calm it sometimes, gives away too many silly fouls.

I prefer Byrne in midfield, but can see AJ sticking with Falkingham for this one.

Will be a physical game and he does that a little better than Byrne.

Looking forward to the game, other than Williamson we have a fully fit squad to choose from.

Not sure about Forfar, sure Douglas will be fine but is there a worry about Swankie, imagine he'd be a big miss if he's out??

Archived