Cumnock Juniors

Cantona

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the result this morning. Very shocked. I was fortunate enough to see the Talbot Cumnock match a few weeks ago and although Talbot were coasting along I didn't think Cumnock were THAT bad.

However I did hear of one Cumnock fan who when talking about Cumnock bouncing back to the prem said "I think that goes without saying". Hmmm

I was at the game yesterday and have watched most of pre season. I didn't expect that result yesterday but when we missed a few glaring chances early on you could see the confidence drop. Paul burns the local hero superstar needs to give himself a good shake he missed a chance from 2 yards out and then another simple chance. The 2 strikers McNeil and Malone got bullied and are too lazy. We missed the big lads Quinn and moore and even andy scott. Defensively where we have looked solid looked all over the place. The big lad Murphy has looked great but had a poor day at the office. As for blaming the manager it's always the case with our fans but I for one wouldn't have picked a different team yesterday and think the players need to shoulder the blame just as much as the management team. I hope it was just a 1

Off game blip but time will tell I suppose. Last week against the glens we looked solid so I didn't see that coming. Onwards n upwards hopefully. ATN

Here we go again, minority of the support getting on the managers back after yesterday's result. We've managed to get rid of the wasters who threw in the towel and never bothered to turn up after Christmas last year, there was no way the manager was going to turn things round with the rot that had set in due to the previous regime. It's basically a new team we have and I would agree that we appear to have a better team at present than the one we had this time last year and will need time to blend. This league won't be a walk over and any one of maybe eight teams in the premier who found themselves where we are wouldn't take it for granted that it would be such a formality. Let's get behind the team and the manager, we appear to be getting things right off the park and given time John and his team will get it right on it.

First of all done to Greenock on a big win.

Secondly why should the players and manager be immune from criticism after a big defeat in our first league game. Are there egos that fragile?. A lot of players are at cumnock on big wages and come with big reputations and need to show more in justifying there selection in the team. They were more than happy to except the praise after the glens game where I thought they looked good.

This league is going to be tough to get out of and If we still wish to have any ides of winning the league then we need to hit the ground running next week and for the rest of the season.

Away the nock

Every game we play in the league we are going to be a big scalp for a lot of these teams! Well done to Greenock yesterday on a thoroughly deserved win!

The players have to take the blame yesterday I'm afraid, two changes to the team that beat Premier League opposition the week before. That says to me they just thought they needed to turn up to win.

Fingers crossed thats the kick up the arse they needed to get the sleeves rolled up and battle for every point.

Can we afford to do that? As you are well aware if results don't start coming soon the knives will be out.

As I have said many a time before if you look at clubs who constantly change their manager rarely have success.

Sooner or later the fans will need to allow someone to build a team, a team that could take 3-4 years to establish but as you well know the sad fact of the matter is that will never happen.

Since August 2005 the following have been in charge of Cumnock

Bobby Dickson 18 months

Campbell Money 10 months

Mark Shanks 12 months

Campbell Money 18 months

Stevie Farrell 45 months

Brian McLuckie 20 months

Dickson and Money (second spell) I believe were the only ones sacked. Not great but I'm sure we are not the only club to have sacked 2 managers in 10 seasons (including 2 which featured relegation)

Edited to add that Shanks wasn't sacked.

Since August 2005 the following have been in charge of Cumnock

Bobby Dickson 18 months

Campbell Money 10 months

Mark Shanks 12 months

Campbell Money 18 months

Stevie Farrell 45 months

Brian McLuckie 20 months

Dickson, Shanks and Money (second spell) I believe were the only ones sacked. Not great but I'm sure we are not the only club to have sacked 3 managers in 10 seasons (including 2 which featured relegation)

What about Bobby Crilly ?

Archived