Today's scores 29/08/15

The'FORD

Ardrossan Winton Rovers 0 ( red card 85 mins ) Clydebank 2 ( Nicky Little 53&61mins) FT

what did you make of the standside linesman? Lol. Defo not makin excuses. We were poor.

Excellent start to the league campaign for Bankies - took us till Dec27th to get our first league win last season!! :)

Sorry Steish - wasn't at the game so can't comment on the Lino !!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never got a chance to review my footage of the goals after the game, and as I don't edit we'll need to wait until wee RtB does the highlights but Ardrossan were furious with our first goal being allowed to stand - not sure what exactly it was about, I was just relieved to see us finally score as we ripped the piss in front of goal for long enough up to that point!

We should've scored five or six. Ardrossan had one big chance and skied it over an empty net from about 4 yards out (might've been flagged offside anyway). Very good set-up down at Ardrossan though, great hosts and they're trying to do things in a very professional manner, decent support as well.

Should the port not be winning games at home if they want promotion ?

Maybe your right but going down to 10 men in the first half against one of the title contenders and then coming back from 3-2 is a good result in my book.

Talbot 2 Shettleston 0Not one of our better performances,didnt create much....thought The Talbot keeper should have walked for lashing out at our player on the ground,all 3 yrds from the ref...he simply bottled it and Campbell was lucky too...impeding McCormack who was through on goal both incidents in the 1st half when it was 0-0....

See you failed to mention the fact that the player Andy lashed out at held onto Andy while on the ground to stop him getting back to goal.

Also do your team know that it's only the goalie that's allowed to handle the ball?

See you failed to mention the fact that the player Andy lashed out at held onto Andy while on the ground to stop him getting back to goal.

Also do your team know that it's only the goalie that's allowed to handle the ball?

What ever happened he still lashed out striking him on the head...a red card in the laws of the game

Lashed out ? the shettleston player was holding andy on the ground trying to gain an advantage for his team mate, shettleston are a gang who brought nothing to the game except diving and time wasting, the tackle on white was shocking no attempt was made to get the ball he went all out for the man.

How can you call shettleston a gang .im sure they wouldn't be we're they are just now if they were the so called gang . Think use thought they were on to a hiding yest by the talbot and the result wasn't that bad . I think your comment it garbage shettleston will do well not saying wining league or that but they will survive in the big league .

To say Shettleston are a gang is way off the mark! Talbot had almost complete second half and your correct about the challenge which saw red card but boy I believe was upset at giving away the penalty just beforehand. Referee definitely bottled it if he'd done his job to letter of law in first half when town where well in match it would have been a totally different outcome. Don't expect teams not to get frustrated when officials are doing your team favours and don't try deflect it by calling opposition a gang!

What ever happened he still lashed out striking him on the head...a red card in the laws of the game

Aye you are correct I suppose Leishman and Talbot can count themselves lucky on this occasion maybe a wee bit of credit to the ref for pulling both players to side and having a wee word with them your player for holding the goalie and stopping him getting back to goals and Leishman for slapping out, Maybe not to the letter of the law but a common sense decision on this occasion.

It think when the talbot have an off day is still better than most teams in the league . Shettleston will be hard to beat at there own park not many teams will look forward to coming there this season . Think town will stay up and hope the try build from there

I think when the talbot have an off day is still better than most teams in the league . Shettleston will be hard to beat at there own park not many teams will look forward to coming there this season . Think town will stay up and hope the try build from there

Except if you are Maybole. :rolleyes:

Archived