Pollok v Troon

Troon Portland

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the blank elbow by pollock player that was missed so stop complaint about ref he has to make a call as he sees it

The offender was totally out of order. Hope he gets fined a weeks wages.

It wasn't a strong junior team, it was a decent Pollok side who had 12 players available.

Also you make the point of the average age of your team, let's not pretend you only have young players you have excellent experience in the team that will also cost a right few quid.

Troon will do well this season, won't win the league, won't finish second maybe third or fourth if. All my opinion.

Fans are quite entitled to complain about refs on here - although it gets a bit boring when it's every week. But some players and management of Pollok FC should not be slating refs on Twitter IMO. Very unprofessional.

Fans are quite entitled to complain about refs on here - although it gets a bit boring when it's every week. But some players and management of Pollok FC should not be slating refs on Twitter IMO. Very unprofessional.

The standard of refs isn't great at times but it's a bit of a tired excuse at times for me when your team don't perform.

Footballers on an off day will make as many if not more mistakes than referees, it's too easy to blame refs all the time .

Great to see a starting 11 with an average of 23.5 years old doing the business against a very strong Junior team! The young lads are blossoming down at Portland Park!

Good start for you lads. I liked your left back, G Armstrong.

But everybody played well.

Now seen the highlights and stills from Saturday. How we never got a penalty is beggars belief. You can see why everyone is raging at the officials after Saturday and Wednesday. Ref gets his job right and we are potentially in a semi final and have at least a point on the board.

Troon's best player on the day should have been sent off in the first half. Who scored the second goal? Oh yeh same guy. Someone has to officiate the officials.

Need to learn to get on with it Jack sometimes goes for you sometimes against you. No point in going over and over things, won't help you for your next league game.

Now seen the highlights and stills from Saturday. How we never got a penalty is beggars belief. You can see why everyone is raging at the officials after Saturday and Wednesday. Ref gets his job right and we are potentially in a semi final and have at least a point on the board.

Troon's best player on the day should have been sent off in the first half. Who scored the second goal? Oh yeh same guy. Someone has to officiate the officials.

You see ref supervisors lots of times at games.

Remember taking in a game as a neutral a couple of years ago and the ref was genuinely honking , through a good source I heard that the referee supervisor gave him top marks though :huh:

Sometimes I think it happens as to crucify a guy could make him pack it in and they try to encourage them to keep them at it

It's so frustrating when big decisions go against you but there's no game without them :huh:

Need to learn to get on with it Jack sometimes goes for you sometimes against you. No point in going over and over things, won't help you for your next league game.

Big difference between a dodgy close challenge or a debatable handball and 4 clear cut decisions that impact the game and show the officials don't understand the rules! It won't help but the incompetence must be highlighted.

You can highlight it till the cows come home. No referee, no linesman is gonna read. Fair enough it will maybe make you feel better but that's about it.

I'm almost certainly old fashioned but .....

I do think the management team at Pollok need to adjust to the fact that they are at a top club which demands certain standards of behaviour and decorum.

I like the boys and am a huge admirer or Stuart Ralston as a coach and man but....

As a team they sailed too close to the wind many times at Shotts and they were no shrinking violets in their amateur days.

Pollok didn't lose because of the ref. They lost because Troon were the better team.

Tony needs some advice from the older heads around him because Pollok need a management team who can fill the big suits that come with that job.

Archived