Is Usain Bolt on steroids?

Shuggie_Murray7

He's been unbelievable since the age of about 14, maybe earlier, as opposed to coming out of nowhere and suddenly running these incredible times. It's something I've always been wary of though, and if it were found he was doping, could potentially ruin the sport as a whole.

His best time to the end of 2007 was 10.03 seconds. Then a year later at the Olympics he was running 9.69. And a year later 9.58 seconds.

In a year he went from a guy who couldn't run under 10 seconds to the fastest man in history.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not even half a second over 100 meters and 10.03 is fast already. What's a PED?

:huh:

It's an insane decrease in time in the space of one year for a 100 metres sprinter at that level.

Have a look at the yearly time progressions of world class sprinters. They'll maybe chip off around 0.05 - 0.10 seconds a year if they are lucky (or cheating). To chop of 0.34 seconds in one year is incredible, particularly when you are pushing into times never achieved by anyone in history.

That's not even half a second over 100 meters and 10.03 is fast already. What's a PED?

Performance Enhancing Drug

Nadals the same as Fat Ronaldo, in that his knees and legs got pumped full of steroids and the likes to enhance his power and speed, thats why hes completely fucked now, as his body simply cant maintain it. Djokovic is the most obvious drug cheat going just now, his change in 2010/2011 in terms of outlasting opposition players was ridiculous and unnatural.

Id be astounded if Bolt wasnt on something, not only does he cruise past sprinters who have been proven to be using PEDs, he manages ridiculously erratic times

Measure out 10 & 1/2 metres, think " that's how much ground he covers in a second, every second for 9.5 of them", then ask yourself if he's being artificially aided?

This is an interesting point. The excellent 'More of Less' on Radio 4 had a discussion about this today. Their thesis was that length of stride (not related leg-length) was what made the difference.

It's an interesting piece that you can listen to here from 19:50 onwards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06707kd

Is Bolt clean or is he a doper?

To me it is almost certain that Bolt is not clean. I've found it strange that there have been so few doping claims against him. He is beating proven drug cheats easily.

Most of the doping questions put to hin this week have been about Justin Gatlin.

Do more questions need to be asked?

Whilst he does posess all the physical attributes to run fast as f**k. And whilst he hasn't risen from an average youngster to become the quickest man ever...he is beating confirmed drug cheats and that always arouses my suspision.

There's been plenty said about his stance on him having to beat Gatlin this week. He seems to have taken on this role of showing up the dopers with very few people actually questioning why Bolt himself is able to beat them all with ease.

You do realise Gatlin isn't cheating now, right?

He got caught cheating in 2006 and was banned for 4 years then. Assuming he's been clean since 2010 (which he'd be mental not to be, considering what happened), the fact he cheated a decade ago is totally irrelevant to his running now.

How did they ALL run so fast?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/10325587/1988-Olympic-100m-final-what-happened-next-to-athletes.html

1297548247742_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

It's the look on Lewis face, as if to say, 'if I'm on something, what the feck is he on?'

By the way, the best Jamaican is in the background, to the right of the field judge & he got huckled for supply, with a life ban, in 2010.

Bolt didn't really do the 100m seriously before 2008, so it's no surprise that when he did start taking it seriously he knocked a big chunk off his best. But having said that, he also knocked a big chunk off his best in the 200m in 2008 (about 0.45 seconds). But having said that, the progression of best times of young athletes rarely goes in a nice smooth line - they tend to knock big chunks off and then not beat it for a while, or only get marginal improvements.

So back to the question - is Bolt on drugs? I don't know, and neither does anyone else on this thread.

Just check yesterday's women's 200 & Schipper's winning time. BBC put the graphic up, as both her & the Jamaican who was 2nd, made it into the all time top 10. To say it was an eye opener, considering the names present, was an understatement. A veritable who's who of 'unbelievable' times.

You do realise Gatlin isn't cheating now, right?

He got caught cheating in 2006 and was banned for 4 years then. Assuming he's been clean since 2010 (which he'd be mental not to be, considering what happened), the fact he cheated a decade ago is totally irrelevant to his running now.

Was Gatlin beating Bolt whilst he was cheating?

Top Jamaican sprinters like Simpson, Campbell-Brown, Blake and Powell, amongst others, have all failed drugs tests in recent years. We're expected to believe that an island with 3 million people have produced a generation of world class sprinters in the last 10 years, out of nowhere, without cheating. Laughable really. Bolt was beating Powell and Blake when they were cheating, if you think he's a great athlete now then think how great he actually is if he's running clean and beating guys who are cheating.

Even if Bolt has/does fail a test there is no chance of it ever being released as it would finish Athletics as a sport. Look at the blind eye that has been turned to a bunch of lesser known drugs cheats, never mind the greatest athlete in history.

Was it not down to a gene linked with slavery?

I'm not up on genetics but definitely read something about that when preparing a course on the Atlantic Slave Trade. Slaves were bred for strength and power and the whole thing seemed to make sense to me.

He should be allowed to take steroids Imo.

Seeing someone run 100 metres in 4 seconds would be outstanding.

This has always bothered me.

Is there a definitive time that humans will simply not be able to run 100m in? And if so, what is it?

Archived