LEAFA 15/16

SteveThePirate

Would be ashame for a team like uphall to fold! it would take 6 points away from shotts though which would do my team the world of good.

Did Danderhall not get that gift aswell last year when Whitburn folded.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, Mayfield were struggling to get a team at the start of the season, Uphall are struggling to field a team. The Championship could end up with less than 6 teams in it by the end of the season. In which case how many teams would go up? I doubt any teams would go down tbh.

Think danderhall will have a difficult period coming up. Their discipline is terrible and suspensions must surely be about to kick in. It all seems to stem from 1 guy at the side of the pitch. its the guy jock who was at dalkeith and just seems to verbally abuse referees week in and week out.

Think danderhall will have a difficult period coming up. Their discipline is terrible and suspensions must surely be about to kick in. It all seems to stem from 1 guy at the side of the pitch. its the guy jock who was at dalkeith and just seems to verbally abuse referees week in and week out.

I've played then a few times in the last year or so, never thought they had a discipline problem.

Discipline is hardly terrible :lol:

One red card this year against the salters for a last man challenge, wouldn't say that's particularly bad. Far worse teams out there than Danderhall, that's for certain.

We don't have a problem with discipline and have only had 1 red card all season. What team do you play for trotter? Sounds like you have a problem with danderhall.

I've played then a few times in the last year or so, never thought they had a discipline problem.

We had a few good battles but they were always enjoyable and hard fought games. I'd say there's quite a few teams out there worse than us.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any predictions for the league and cups?

Edinburgh Rose looking good 9 points clear at the top of the Prem but it'll be a lot closer depending on how Tollcross, Linlithgow and East Lintons games in hand go. Think if East Linton can win them all they go top. It's a tough ask though as they're 5 games behind and they'll come thick and fast soon.

Shotts, Danderhall and Lochend look like they'll be fighting it out for the Championship. Seen all three this season and think Shotts are the best side in that division. It will end up as a 2 way fight between them and Danderhall though as I think Lochend aren't at the same standard.

Any predictions for the league and cups?

Edinburgh Rose looking good 9 points clear at the top of the Prem but it'll be a lot closer depending on how Tollcross, Linlithgow and East Lintons games in hand go. Think if East Linton can win them all they go top. It's a tough ask though as they're 5 games behind and they'll come thick and fast soon.

Shotts, Danderhall and Lochend look like they'll be fighting it out for the Championship. Seen all three this season and think Shotts are the best side in that division. It will end up as a 2 way fight between them and Danderhall though as I think Lochend aren't at the same standard.

Edinburgh Rose look comfortable at the top, and I'd be surprised if East Linton won all their games in hand. Linlithgow on their day are a good side too, but a few funny results at the start of the season could be their undoing. Think they've lost at home to both the sides mentioned there. Edinburgh Uni, I've not seen them but they've got a lot of games in hand too. Tollcross will be there or thereabouts as per. Will be very tight.

Championship will be close with us and Shotts I'd imagine. Lochend were poor when we beat them earlier on in the season, but they look like they've picked up and got a few good results. Shotts are a good side, but we've still got to play them at home so hopefully that'll work in our advantage, and with there being only 8 sides in the league there's not as many games to drop points (or make them back I guess).

Archived