LEAFA 15/16

SteveThePirate

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put it this way, I highly doubt most of them would sack junior football and quite a decent pay packet to "play with their pals".

Just my opinion, there's obviously no proof either, so all the best to them, certainly a good side who could go very far again in the Scottish.

decent pay packet? how much do you think lads make playing with top junior sides?

i would imagine some dont fancy 2 nights training then travelling up to carnoustie, montrose, forfar, dundee and st andrews if your playing super or premier league. takes up alot of your time, more so if the boys have family and work commitments.

their best player has played amateur all his days. dont think he would be to happy boys coming in getting paid. it doesnt happen.

decent pay packet? how much do you think lads make playing with top junior sides?

i would imagine some dont fancy 2 nights training then travelling up to carnoustie, montrose, forfar, dundee and st andrews if your playing super or premier league. takes up alot of your time, more so if the boys have family and work commitments.

their best player has played amateur all his days. dont think he would be to happy boys coming in getting paid. it doesnt happen.

I know how much some of them make. It's certainly better than paying 20 quid a month plus expenses to play. As I said, it might not happen, and you'll know better than me, I just find it difficult to believe that so many good players who could clearly play at a higher level are happy to piss about in the lower amateur leagues (albeit winning almost everything) and collect no money as a result.

It is a good result for them granted doing well so far in there first season but the teams they have played in there league are catmeat especially Cavalry Tranent ect Oceana wouldnt handle teams like Tollcross Sandys Shotts Victoria Craigshill Clermiston St Bernards ect there in a poor league but ESV will 100% beat them so will Waverley Athletic all the best to the oceana lads tho there aw good lads and some decent players in the team i hope they prove me wrong!

Just like all the teams in craigshills league last year weren't the best. Oceana can only beat what is in front of them. Edinburgh alba have started well so it's a very good result for them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's true.

According to the LEAFA website the Vics have tendered their resignation.

Sad to see good, well established clubs fold, but I'm sure all was done behind the scenes to prevent it.

EDIT:the leafa website post is by the Sunday Sec so it appears that is Vics Sunday team who have folded

The amount of teams folding already in Edinburgh is unreal.

4 teams from the championship have folded already meaning there are only 8 teams remaining.

14 games to decide a league title!

Don't think Uphall will last the season either they have failed to get a team together for 5 league games so far.

I am fairly sure that its Newcraighall Vics Sunday side that have folded, and not the Saturday Premi 1 side?

The notice is along side the Salvesen Sunday side, posted by the Sunday secretary.

So i think the Saturday Prem 1 side are still going.

The amount of teams folding already in Edinburgh is unreal.

4 teams from the championship have folded already meaning there are only 8 teams remaining.

14 games to decide a league title!

Don't think Uphall will last the season either they have failed to get a team together for 5 league games so far.

Uphall lost most Falkirk boys so struggling for bodies ive heard

Uphall lost most Falkirk boys so struggling for bodies ive heard

Would be ashame for a team like uphall to fold! it would take 6 points away from shotts though which would do my team the world of good.

Archived