Rangers v St Johnstone

Solitaire

I was merely posting the other side of the argument for balance. Rangers have been impressive so far this season which has made their fans think they are unbeatable in a game like this. I'm merely pointing out you've beat nobody of note and Saints are a whole different kettle of fish. You might beat us* but there's nothing really this season that I've seen to suggest it is a formality.

*you won't

Unbeatable? We've played four league games so far, a fair bit to go before I make any claims like that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers haven't defeated anyone of "worth" this season.

But if they win against the mighty giants of St Johnstone that'll be an excellent victory against a very credible opponent. Then and only then will Rangers deserve praise for their great start to the season.

Joking aside, if Rangers win that match it's not going to alter my opinion on Rangers' progress with Warburton in charge in any way whatsoever. Rangers should be winning that game and should be massive favourites, especially with the match being at Ibrox.

Oh and you can only pish with the cock you are given.

You can only beat what's in front of you is the phrase you're looking for here m8.

Saints are quite clearly a level above the team's you've beaten.

We will take neither footballing lessons from a team who have failed to win 5 league games out of 6 nor English lessons from a bloke who can't use the apostrophe.

I'm not sure what you're taking umbrage with here, we're clearly a level above teams in the Championship, thanks to the fact we play a level above them...

I actually couldn't use the quote function and made a rip roaring c**t of my first post and I was all thumbs trying to edit it before anyone noticed.

No problem. We're a broad kirk at Ibrox and understand that, for some, seed drills matter more than punctuation marks.

Not that much of a surprise when you look at a few circumstances.

Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen all play the Sunday before and BBC Scotland are not going to cause issues with a certain ratings winner on a Wednesday so that narrows down 3 of the 8 ties.

I'd say it's then a choice between putting one of the Wednesday games on BBC 2 Scotland or a choice between Dundee United v Dunfermline or the game they picked.

Happy for Saints to get the cash but just hope we don't bottle it like last year as they now have a manger rather than the imposter that was drawing cash last year.

Not that much of a surprise when you look at a few circumstances.

Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen all play the Sunday before and BBC Scotland are not going to cause issues with a certain ratings winner on a Wednesday so that narrows down 3 of the 8 ties.

I'd say it's then a choice between putting one of the Wednesday games on BBC 2 Scotland or a choice between Dundee United v Dunfermline or the game they picked.

Happy for Saints to get the cash but just hope we don't bottle it like last year as they now have a manger rather than the imposter that was drawing cash last year.

Why do they need a manger if the donkey is away?

Rangers massive favourites for this. The form team. Anything less than a routine home win would be a huge shock...

Errrrm we're playing at a lower level and the fermers have a higher quality squad used to playing at higher standard.

We are clearly the underdogs for this game.

Errrrm we're playing at a lower level and the fermers have a higher quality squad used to playing at higher standard. We are clearly the underdogs for this game.

I think you know fine well your squad this season is good enough for the Premiership, and would be looking to finish in the top half, just like us. Being at home gives you an advantage.

I think you know fine well your squad this season is good enough for the Premiership, and would be looking to finish in the top half, just like us. Being at home gives you an advantage.

Cant say how our squad would perform at that level until it plays at that level, a big difference from playing Alloa and Raith rovers. While you guys have a proven record at premier ship level.

No, Rangers are flying high just now and playing with a lot of confidence. They will comfortably cruise to the championship title, as they should with a far bigger budget than all the others.

We have been far more inconsistent this season and leak goals. Rangers also play against premier league teams as if they have a point to prove.

All we are looking to do is give a good account of ourselves. As I said, anything other than a Rangers win would be a huge shock.

Archived