Rangers v St Johnstone

Solitaire

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are the commentators so surprised at this?

St Johnstone are regulars in the top six of our top league, they've qualified for Europe four seasons on the bounce, have beaten Rosenberg and have not long lifted the Scottish Cup.

Sevco have failed to win the Challenge Cup in three attempts and failed to win promotion from the second tier, despite having the second largest budget in the country.

Some basic research wouldn't go a miss.

I think Sevco are c***s like everyone else but the history isn't overly relevant TBF. St Johnstone have been shit away from home this season, whilst Rangers have been scoring 3+ a game all season. It's not a surprise granted, but I don't think anyone expected this to be so straightforward for St Johnstone.

Why are the commentators so surprised at this?

St Johnstone are regulars in the top six of our top league, they've qualified for Europe four seasons on the bounce, have beaten Rosenberg and have not long lifted the Scottish Cup.

Sevco have failed to win the Challenge Cup in three attempts and failed to win promotion from the second tier, despite having the second largest budget in the country.

Some basic research wouldn't go a miss.

But they're no the people!

Guys I am at sea so can't watch the match. Are St J being really lucky with the counter attack whilst being, in the main camped in their own box? Or did the dough boy forget to charge his magic hat?

Nah StJ have been comfortable. Perfect away performance. Think Mannus has had 1 shot to deal with. StJohnstone look dangerous on the break.

Plenty more goals in this.

I think Sevco are c***s like everyone else but the history isn't overly relevant TBF. St Johnstone have been shit away from home this season, whilst Rangers have been scoring 3+ a game all season. It's not a surprise granted, but I don't think anyone expected this to be so straightforward for St Johnstone.

There's also the chance that the away side will turn up at Ibrox and play as if Laudrup and De Boer were still playing for Rangers (Stuart McCall I'm looking at you).

I grudgingly admit that Rangers are finally turning into a decent team, but no more than that. The media narrative has been ridiculous.

Archived