Elgin City v Stirling Albion

This Saturday the Albion make the journey north to face Elgin City at Borough Briggs.

On paper Elgin should be favourites to win this game, given the problems the Albion have had since the start of the season, struggling to score goals, having managed only a draw and losing 2 at home.

On top of that it looks like Craig Beattie is out with a hamstring injury. That leaves the Albion with 3 strikers, one of which Steven Doris is having problems with a knee injury which requires surgery to fix and limits his playing time.

Last time at Elgin we lost 3-2 in the Petrofac Cup just before the start of the season and odds are on another Elgin victory.

Can the Albion get something from this game, I hope so but I am not too confident about it given our problems.

Prediction Elgin 2 Albion 0

Steven Doris got the all clear on Thursday from the consultant doesn't need an operation just our luck for Beattie to be injured we have to go 4 4 2 . Still think Beattie and Doris must be our strike pairing Doris has to start on Saturday time will tell if Beattie be ok for Saturday.

Steven Doris got the all clear on Thursday from the consultant doesn't need an operation just our luck for Beattie to be injured we have to go 4 4 2 . Still think Beattie and Doris must be our strike pairing Doris has to start on Saturday time will tell if Beattie be ok for Saturday.

Well that's a piece of good news for Saturday, hopefully this will improve our chances, we might be lucky and get something from this match, fingers crossed. :thumsup2

Don't expect anything from this game and was proved right. Wasn't at the game but results cannot go on losing most weeks.

I'll give Skippy the next 2 games to try and turn things around and if we do not get anything then he should be shown the door.

Stirling albion played well from the start being well organised but just could not hit the net our defence worked well and hurst had a good few saves and a flooky goal from mclean saves us also ref was a pain at times God Knows how much extra time there was

Kyle McLeod was the Elgin scorer, and no fluke. A neat flick at the back post from a great Moore cutback. Thought Elgin were very organised and very rarely gave Stirling Albion anything other than shots outside the 18 yard box. Stirling had loads of possession but invariably ran out of ideas. The game finished at 5pm, could have played until 10pm and still ended with the same result.

As others have said, we were shite today but the result is all that matters. Every Elgin side I've watched would have huffed and puffed but lost that match quite comfortably today but I've said it loads this season, there's a different determination and strength under Weir.

How's Kyle Macleod getting on at Elgin? Heard the 1 month loan deal has been extended until January? Good for him to get more game time as he'd have only got a handful of sub appearances at County this season if any at all.

Archived