best ever put downs.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overhead in the bothy at work in the summer of 1986: "What's the matter with you? That face'd turn an Orange walk up a side street."

He lived in a small rented house in rural Scotland - there were days gone by that i didn't live in the city! Not sure what about that story is made up rubbish it's hardly a far fetched tale just a pretty good comeback

Of mine to a man who was clearly unsatisfied with his lot and was jealous

Laughing at poor old man down on his luck is nearly as bad as kicking a tramp's cider over.

Does anyone know a good put down for when someone calls you fat, preferably one about shagging someones wife and getting fed for doing it?

Throbber, you probably said it to one of your co-workers when you were employed as the King of France's head footman.

A former flat mate of mine got into an online spat playing Call of Duty with some American kid who sent him a message after the game finished simply saying "U r A sad" :huh:

Two of my favourites are from the Thick of It but don't appear in that video.

After Terri attempts to give Malcolm advice, he responds with "Terri, we've been over this, when I want your advice I'll give you the special signal, y'know, me being sectioned under the fucking Mental Health Act"

In the very last episode, the Lib Dem advisor boy tells Terri after another of her many blunders "one of the many, many things that baffles me about you is that you somehow remain unmurdered"

The Thick of It was fucking brilliant.

Does anyone know a good put down for when someone calls you fat, preferably one about shagging someones wife and getting fed for doing it?

I heard a good one..

Guy says "Why are you fucking my wife ?"

His mate responds "Because I'm hungry for a sandwich".

Great times.

Archived