Getting a Dog

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two organisations believe in purity of breed. The kennel club and the Nazi party. Yes I know she's a 'pedigree' cocker, but she was also a rescue that came up from Devon. I still gave a home to a rescue.

Saying that, here's mine after she got a bath last night, she wasn't happy one bit.

post-43052-14404395499575_thumb.jpg

If you are asking about what type of dog you should get you probably haven't thought the process through entirely. Before even considering you need to know if you have the time to get one as they require a lot of care and attention to keep them happy and if you are going to be out 9-5 through the week even if you walk them before and after work ( which sounds a lot easier than it is) the dog will still be home alone for long spells and some dogs can't handle that.

I have never had a dog of my own but often think I would like one , me and the Mrs can't justify getting one due to reasons previously stated but if we got one would be a small low maintenance breed - perhaps a shit tzu.

Cats are c***s

I've been giving it a lot of thought recently but I'm a long way from actually following through with it.

Still very much at the planning stage, looking at suggestions for breeds to then research.

Schnauzer, Bolognese, Pug are some of the dogs I've been looking at.

I quite like shit tzus as I said , quite like the way they seem to have old wee faces.

French bull dogs are pretty funny looking and aloof. Also are quite lazy and like laying about with little human interaction , much like French people.

Dogs like jack Russell's are nice looking but would prob be a lot more work and would be able to run miles and miles, they are incredibly fit

Cats are for creepy, loner freaks. So it'll be of no surprise that Romeo has one.

Cats are cool, dugs are wanks, I can let my cat out himself happy in the knowledge he want be attacking weans or shitting in the street and will see himself home, unlike thick dugs , who , you need to tie a rope round their neck and walk them in case they decide to maul a child or chase a car.

"There have been 17 deaths due to dog attacks in the UK since 2005.

More than 200,000 people a year are estimated to be bitten by dogs in England, with the annual cost to the NHS of treating injuries about £3 million.

Hospital admissions due to dog bites have been steadily rising for the last five years as the following statistics from the Health and Social Care Information Centre show:

2007-08: 4,611 hospital admissions

2008-09: 5,221 hospital admissions"

"wouldn't harm a fly"

I've been giving it a lot of thought recently but I'm a long way from actually following through with it.

Still very much at the planning stage, looking at suggestions for breeds to then research.

Schnauzer, Bolognese, Pug are some of the dogs I've been looking at.

I think this would stain your carpets quite badly.

Archived