Dubai

welshbairn

I've been offered a teaching job out there next year. Considering it as the money is great, but also got reservations.

Anyone who has lived there got an honest assessment of what it is like to live there for a year?

I wont be far from you ive just accepted a full time position down there

Been there loads so will probably be looking at Jebel Ali area for living

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 02:50, McQuade said:

I like Dubai , especially the marina area, as for this guy that got nicked for "touching someone's hip" bullshit!

I've been there many times and the bars are jumping , you don't get arrested for touching a hip, he was probably pished and was making a c**t of himself 

Looks like he got three months 

1 hour ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I lived in the UAE for three years and had a blast - much better than the repression of Saudi life. My liver begged me to come back to the UK.

How did you get home from the pub? 

• 2 months later...

Heading to Dubai 2 weeks tomorrow and have to be honest in saying it's not my Choice.

Wife has a friend who moved out there (3 months after voting no The whore) in 2014 and she is going to see her.

My mates are of course telling me "no to be handsy" when I'm steaming and I laugh along but imagine it's all very exaggerated. 

My neighbour has spent a ton of time out there as his daughter lives there and he says I will love it so i'm going with his version more than the stories.

So......anyone who has been tell me if a guy who drinks and loves football will be in his element or counting down the days til I'm home?

I will of course take in the sun and see some buildings. Any recommendations?

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Heading to Dubai 2 weeks tomorrow and have to be honest in saying it's not my Choice.

Wife has a friend who moved out there (3 months after voting no The whore) in 2014 and she is going to see her.

My mates are of course telling me "no to be handsy" when I'm steaming and I laugh along but imagine it's all very exaggerated. 

My neighbour has spent a ton of time out there as his daughter lives there and he says I will love it so i'm going with his version more than the stories.

So......anyone who has been tell me if a guy who drinks and loves football will be in his element or counting down the days til I'm home?

I will of course take in the sun and see some buildings. Any recommendations?

Drink is expensive but freely available.If you can stretch to it try https://seawings.ae You can fly up to abu dhabi ( yas marina) one way have a look around the yas marina island.Have a google loads to do and then take a taxi/uber back to dubai roughly an hour but taxis etc are really cheap.It was well worth a day and gave me loads of brownie points with the missus but was also an excellent  first flight in a seaplane and it was something else landing on water

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Define expensive?

You are looking at £6-10 a pint depending where you are drinking.But with the local knowledge you have out there it might be cheaper in places ive never been (mainly hotels/brunch clubs)

On 03/10/2017 at 12:59, JMDP said:

I've been offered a teaching job out there next year. Considering it as the money is great, but also got reservations.

Anyone who has lived there got an honest assessment of what it is like to live there for a year?

My sister teaches over there. She loves the place, coming up for her 4th year.  She got married over there to a lad from Glasgow who she met, and they've just got a house.

Not all, but a fair share of the kids she teaches tend to be pretty hard works. More so the boys,they have zero respect for her because she's female.

• 3 weeks later...

Pints seem to be around 40-50 Dirham (100 Dirhams is £20) 

Plenty ladies nights in bars where women drink free and only the guys pay which saves a few quid.

Very beautiful place and still massively under development. They must have half the world's crane population over here.

Dubai mall is something else for size.  

• 1 year later...