Blackadder - New Series?

airdrieman

Tony Robinson suggesting that it might be in the pipeline (ran out of money?).

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/aug/23/blackadder-new-series-on-the-cards-tony-robinson?CMP=twt_gu

Possibly my favourite ever comedy but I'm not sure this is a good idea, mainly because the ending of Goes Forth was perfect and because these things often don't work out well. That's not to say it definitely wouldn't be good but I think it sometimes best to leave things be.

Not sure if it would work too well. It might have done a few years ago were it not for a certain Alan B'Stard.

I hear they were going to bring The New Stateman back with him as a UKIP member. Probably would have worked well.

They've talked about it before, set in the sixties, with the suggestion that Edmund would an illegitimate child of the Queen who is in a rock band featuring a follicly-challenged drummer called, wait for it, Bald Rick.

I always thought that sounded pretty lame so if they are seriously considering a new series I hope they come up with something better than that.

I reckon a six-part series with each episode featuring a different era could be watchable.

As has been said though, the last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth was so good that I'd approach any new series with trepidation. I'd give it a go though.

If they do do a 60's series, I'd expect an Ab-Fab tie-in. They could stick that scouse fellah Alex Sayle in has the new Flasheart character that RIk Mayall played. He could be the bloke who almost managed the Beatles or something but now just bullies Blackadder or whatever. How much fun could be had with Ab-Fab star Jo Lumley doing the Darling gag with Darling the character?

S'pose it's more of a one off for the comic charity thing now I think about it. Aye scrap the series & make it a oner for charity or Christmas or both even? Yeah & give Len Henry some work rather than them adverts the poor fellah.

Grimbo

If they do do a 60's series, I'd expect an Ab-Fab tie-in. They could stick that scouse fellah Alex Sayle in has the new Flasheart character that RIk Mayall played. He could be the bloke who almost managed the Beatles or something but now just bullies Blackadder or whatever. How much fun could be had with Ab-Fab star Jo Lumley doing the Darling gag with Darling the character?

S'pose it's more of a one off for the comic charity thing now I think about it. Aye scrap the series & make it a oner for charity or Christmas or both even? Yeah & give Len Henry some work rather than them adverts the poor fellah.

Grimbo

Aye, best just leave it,

Personally think one in Roman Britain would work. Blackadder in command of a rag-tag bunch on Hadrian's Wall at the arse-end of the Empire sort-of-thing. Miserable and wanting to be in Rome. Fighting off smelly Celts etc.

Personally think one in Roman Britain would work. Blackadder in command of a rag-tag bunch on Hadrian's Wall at the arse-end of the Empire sort-of-thing. Miserable and wanting to be in Rome. Fighting off smelly Celts etc.

Didn't Chelmsford 123 sort of cover this?

Archived