Alloa v Morton

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well no, that doesn't make any sense champ. But non-sequitur rambling is clearly the limit of your intellectual capacity, so I guess we'll have to roll with that until your next 'contribution'.

Well no, that doesn't make any sense champ. But non-sequitur rambling is clearly the limit of your intellectual capacity, so I guess we'll have to roll with that until your next 'contribution'.

To whom are you referring, "champ"? Please make it clear in future.

IF you were referring to MY post, then I suggest that you reread it. It makes perfect sense.

Nice try though. Thanks for playing, etc, etc.

Okay, you're clearly an idiot, so I'll walk you through this one. Your post doesn't make sense because the parenting skills of Tiny Tears Sr. are, in fact, clearly related to his sob story about having his nine year old child being a ball-boy in a Scottish football match, then railing against everyone else for his delicate little flower being 'upset'. I can't think of many other centrally related points to his intervention at all - seeing as after nearly two days he's yet to actually put up any evidence for his Walter Mitty claims.

So your contribution was, once again, a swing and a miss. At least you're accustomed to that by now.

Massive three points. The performances and particularly the defence have been much better than expected so far, but it would be meaningless if we didn't win games. Beating Alloa and Livingston was always going to be essential for staying up and now we've managed it once we have grounds for some cautious optimism. Staying up is far from a guarantee but we've got every reason to believe that eighth or higher is a realistic prospect at this point. Fair fucks to Duffy for that, albeit there's still massive room for improvement.

Massive three points. The performances and particularly the defence have been much better than expected so far, but it would be meaningless if we didn't win games. Beating Alloa and Livingston was always going to be essential for staying up and now we've managed it once we have grounds for some cautious optimism. Staying up is far from a guarantee but we've got every reason to believe that eighth or higher is a realistic prospect at this point. Fair fucks to Duffy for that, albeit there's still massive room for improvement.

Whilst finishing 8th will be regarded as acceptable, I don't see no reason why we cant aim for a play off place.

We have played Queens, Falkirk and St Mirren, 3 teams you would expect to be up there and we were comfortably the better side in two of them while we matched Falkirk as well.

Sure over a season it will be difficult, but I don't think there is much between a lot of the teams in this league. We could realistically finish as high as 3rd/4th or as low as 8/9th this season.

Okay, you're clearly an idiot, so I'll walk you through this one. Your post doesn't make sense because the parenting skills of Tiny Tears Sr. are, in fact, clearly related to his sob story about having his nine year old child being a ball-boy in a Scottish football match, then railing against everyone else for his delicate little flower being 'upset'. I can't think of many other centrally related points to his intervention at all - seeing as after nearly two days he's yet to actually put up any evidence for his Walter Mitty claims.

So your contribution was, once again, a swing and a miss. At least you're accustomed to that by now.

heh heh, one thing about the boy wonder - you always know he'll bite.......

Okay, you're clearly floundering now., so let's take it in baby steps for you.

Let's assume for the moment that the incident in question did actually happen (I know that's hard for you because, to accept that, you would require incontrovertible video and audio proof of it happening - and, given such proof, you'd slink away silently, never to darken the thread again. It's what you do).

Having made that assumption, what we have is a nine-year-old lad, proud to be a ball boy at his local football club. According to what appears to be a perfectly reasonable and unbiased account on this very page of this thread, at one pointwhen the ball boy went to retrieve the ball he was verbally abused by "at least a couple" of Morton fans, and afterward he was unwilling to go back into that area to do his job. Now, I'm the father of two children, and when they were nine years old I know they would have been very wary of going anywhere near people who were bigger than them, older than them, probably drunker than

them and who were shouting abuse at them. Given that the boy would have been torn between doing the job his club had given him and exposing himself to more verbal abuse it's perfectly understandable that he may have shed tears, be they tears of fear, frustration, helplessness or humiliation.

The point is that he was just NINE YEARS OLD, and most nine-year-olds could have been expected to behave in a similar way, no matter their personality, social background orfamily history.

So, hotshot, getting back to YOUR non sequitur - please explain why the parenting skills of the boy's father have anything whatsoever to do with the boy's alleged tears.

Be very specific, now. We're waiting..............

Whilst finishing 8th will be regarded as acceptable, I don't see no reason why we cant aim for a play off place.

We have played Queens, Falkirk and St Mirren, 3 teams you would expect to be up there and we were comfortably the better side in two of them while we matched Falkirk as well.

Sure over a season it will be difficult, but I don't think there is much between a lot of the teams in this league. We could realistically finish as high as 3rd/4th or as low as 8/9th this season.

It's early days yet, and I still feel that if we finish better than seventh I'll be relatively happy. We clearly have good team spirit within the squad, and I think we have in the main performed well against the teams we've played in the league.

If we could sort out the goal scoring issue then we could well finish in the top half. If not, sixth or seventh looks to be achievable - but like I said, it's early days yet.

The point is that he was just NINE YEARS OLD, and most nine-year-olds could have been expected to behave in a similar way, no matter their personality, social background orfamily history.

So, hotshot, getting back to YOUR non sequitur - please explain why the parenting skills of the boy's father have anything whatsoever to do with the boy's alleged tears.

Im assuming if the Viking ever has any offspring, he's going to verbally abuse them from an early age to steel them against getting offended if they ever get shouted at by drunken adults. That can only end well. I expect it'll be part of the school curriculum in no time.

This whole incident was definitely not the fault of the adults who (in all likelihood) shouted something unkind at a wee boy. Lord, no. After all they're just "being adults". You know what they say - adults will be adults, the cheeky monkeys. So it must be the parents' fault, clearly.

Also, it's perfectly reasonable to expect someone to be videoing every ball boy for 90 minutes. I expect Alloa to make those changes for next time Morton visit, in case we need it for evidence.

Yours,

Champ

What was shouted was something that included "speccy mongo" as the ball boy came back behind the goal in the first half. I don't know who shouted it and I don't know if it was nervous or drunken laughter that followed it. I didn't hear anything else directed at the ballboy after that.

heh heh, one thing about the boy wonder - you always know he'll bite.......

Okay, you're clearly floundering now., so let's take it in baby steps for you.

Let's assume for the moment that the incident in question did actually happen (I know that's hard for you because, to accept that, you would require incontrovertible video and audio proof of it happening - and, given such proof, you'd slink away silently, never to darken the thread again. It's what you do).

Having made that assumption, what we have is a nine-year-old lad, proud to be a ball boy at his local football club. According to what appears to be a perfectly reasonable and unbiased account on this very page of this thread, at one pointwhen the ball boy went to retrieve the ball he was verbally abused by "at least a couple" of Morton fans, and afterward he was unwilling to go back into that area to do his job. Now, I'm the father of two children, and when they were nine years old I know they would have been very wary of going anywhere near people who were bigger than them, older than them, probably drunker than

them and who were shouting abuse at them. Given that the boy would have been torn between doing the job his club had given him and exposing himself to more verbal abuse it's perfectly understandable that he may have shed tears, be they tears of fear, frustration, helplessness or humiliation.

Be very specific, now. We're waiting..............

Claims a bite - proceeds to write several chapters of War and Peace in a desperate attempt to salvage a flailing position. Self-awareness seems to be beyond your capacity too.

Oh and the fact that the entire premise of that rap lecture is based on no evidence of 'abuse' whatsoever. Thanks for playing anyway.

Im assuming if the Viking ever has any offspring, he's going to verbally abuse them from an early age to steel them against getting offended if they ever get shouted at by drunken adults. That can only end well. I expect it'll be part of the school curriculum in no time.

This whole incident was definitely not the fault of the adults who (in all likelihood) shouted something unkind at a wee boy. Lord, no. After all they're just "being adults". You know what they say - adults will be adults, the cheeky monkeys. So it must be the parents' fault, clearly.

Also, it's perfectly reasonable to expect someone to be videoing every ball boy for 90 minutes. I expect Alloa to make those changes for next time Morton visit, in case we need it for evidence.

Yours,

Champ

Leaving aside your rather desperate scramble for relevance, I, like many others no doubt, attended one of the most poisonous and abusive atmospheres in the country - Morton-St Mirren matches - at an equivalent age, and an even more common place where you'd hear personal abuse is indeed the public school. And yet somehow we all managed to cope without, quite literally, sobbing uncontrollably throughout the evening.

So, as stated before, the onus is on the parent to make that judgement and keep his cherub away from prominence at a Scottish football game, if the child in question isn't yet able to deal with what will soon be common currency at any undoubtedly shit high school in the Clackmannanshire area. Life's not fair; deal with it, etc.

Next time: Raging Alloa fan berates the passengers on the last Gourock-Glasgow party train for drinking and using language inappropriate for the members of his big family day out to Civilisation (cuffed 3-0). No doubt Scotrail will be on the case!

Leaving aside your rather desperate scramble for relevance, I, like many others no doubt, attended one of the most poisonous and abusive atmospheres in the country - Morton-St Mirren matches - at an equivalent age, and an even more common place where you'd hear personal abuse is indeed the public school. And yet somehow we all managed to cope without, quite literally, sobbing uncontrollably throughout the evening.

So, as stated before, the onus is on the parent to make that judgement and keep his cherub away from prominence at a Scottish football game, if the child in question isn't yet able to deal with what will soon be common currency at any undoubtedly shit high school in the Clackmannanshire area. Life's not fair; deal with it, etc.

Next time: Raging Alloa fan berates the passengers on the last Gourock-Glasgow party train for drinking and using language inappropriate for the members of his big family day out to Civilisation (cuffed 3-0). No doubt Scotrail will be on the case!

f**k up.

Claims a bite - proceeds to write several chapters of War and Peace in a desperate attempt to salvage a flailing position. Self-awareness seems to be beyond your capacity too.

Oh and the fact that the entire premise of that rap lecture is based on no evidence of 'abuse' whatsoever. Thanks for playing anyway.

That it? A little abuse, and some obfuscation? Disappointed in you, actually.

My point, which I'm sure you are choosing to ignore, is not about whether it happened or not. It's about your apparent contention that it's okay for adults to shout abuse at young children at a football match. That, combined with your laughably inane attempt to turn the blame for the boy's tears onto his upbringing, is both pathetic and beyond the pale.

Still, at least even you aren't attempting to defend the indefensible.

You're in a hole, son. Do us all a favour and stop digging.

Standing with your own supporters is hardly the same as standing in front of the away end on your own is it? I'd wager you could not handle this now, never mind as a nine year old.

Sorry to hear you were bullied at school tho, very sad ????

Archived