Alloa v Morton

Was talking to a fellow supporter during the first half about how Crawford communicates well with his players (like Bain did) but doesn't command his box very well (unlike Bain). He constantly lets crosses pass through the six yard box in front of him and between his defenders whereas Bain would come and claim for almost everything (even if it wasn't the correct option at times!). Was hard to take that the blame for the goal we lost today probably lies at his feet as it was a high floated free-kick into the box and he had plenty time to come for it, and he even had plenty of time to decide to come for it too. Seemed like slow motion but it has cost us in the end. I still hope he stays as our starting goalkeeper though and DL doesn't change it again.

Bain had a solid, settled back 4 in front of him that he knew inside out. Big difference maker. No way it was Crawfords fault for the goal yesterday.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my wee man at all, so your confused with the thread. I'm merely commenting. Heard shouting at him firstly about the game, but then more personal abusive comments. Saw him leave the park at the end as I was exiting the ground and he was in tears. Hence my comments about it being unacceptable. We can all agree to disagree on whether this was right or wrong. Merely my opinion as your opinion is yours

Not my wee man at all, so your confused with the thread. I'm merely commenting. Heard shouting at him firstly about the game, but then more personal abusive comments. Saw him leave the park at the end as I was exiting the ground and he was in tears. Hence my comments about it being unacceptable. We can all agree to disagree on whether this was right or wrong. Merely my opinion as your opinion is yours

I don't have an opinion on a matter that I know very little about, just wondering what happened. Playing devil's advocate here, could the crying be unrelated to any apparent abuse? I remember being on the verge of tears leaving games when I was a bit younger, purely down to rage and the fact we had lost.

Had that game been on grass we'd have won around 3-0 today.

Just pleased to get the win on a surface where football goes out the window.

It quite clearly does not. Good footballing teams do well on the surface and there has been plenty of great football played on that pitch.

I'm afraid that we are in for a long season but that was always a danger when the team broke up over a few weeks this summer. Just need to stick in and hope that with games things start to get better rather than worse.

Regards the fans with the ball boy. The ball boy is my son and he was distraught after the game. Hope you're reading this and proud of yourselves. He's 9 years old......

What was said to your son?

No wonder VT is acting the way he is when you have provided no detail on the subject at all.

I don't have an opinion on a matter that I know very little about, just wondering what happened. Playing devil's advocate here, could the crying be unrelated to any apparent abuse? I remember being on the verge of tears leaving games when I was a bit younger, purely down to rage and the fact we had lost.

No, It was me that was crying due to the fact we'd lost! Lol. think the ball boy was down to what had been said to him. Just from what I overheard as he left the park. He was very upset.

No, It was me that was crying due to the fact we'd lost! Lol. think the ball boy was down to what had been said to him. Just from what I overheard as he left the park. He was very upset.

Just speculating again then? I was there yesterday and I didn't heard anything. Sounds to me hat your clutching at straws.

That's two of you now who have given Crawford stick about his goal-kicks though. He hasn't just started doing that stretch today, he does it often, whether it's 0-0 or 4-2 or whatever. Accusing him of time-wasting at 0-0 is rather insulting.

McAusland also sped up his throw-in taking, having taken a good minute or two to gather his thoughts at 0-0.

Bain had a solid, settled back 4 in front of him that he knew inside out. Big difference maker. No way it was Crawfords fault for the goal yesterday.

Indeed. Crawford is the least of our problems. As well as the newness of the back four, we are also missing the protection our defense had from the tight midfield unit of Simmons (especially), Holmes etc.

As sevennil points out, the game was similar to the Raith one. We played well first half (as did Morton), didn't take any of a handful of decent chances, but dropped our level in the second half. Morton were deserved winners. They had no failures and Johnstone was MotM for me.

Still early days, but a lot of work for Danny and the players to do. We clearly need at least one much better attacking option.

Indeed. Crawford is the least of our problems. As well as the newness of the back four, we are also missing the protection our defense had from the tight midfield unit of Simmons (especially), Holmes etc.

As sevennil points out, the game was similar to the Raith one. We played well first half (as did Morton), didn't take any of a handful of decent chances, but dropped our level in the second half. Morton were deserved winners. They had no failures and Johnstone was MotM for me.

Still early days, but a lot of work for Danny and the players to do. We clearly need at least one much better attacking option.

Totally agree! I wasn't having a go at him, just pointing out little differences I feel are there. Whether at fault for the goal yesterday or not, I want him to be our No.1 for the entire season. He was excellent in his first spell with us and it could be argued that he won us just as many points as our forwards did. He's also one of the guys who genuinely cares, and it shows.

As for the ballboy, I don't know the kid. There's clearly those on here who do so I'll simply throw in what I seen and this'll be my last comment on the matter.

I followed the ball out of play and in my line of sight in doing so noticed at least a couple of Morton supporters (probably drunk but no excuse) leaning over the perimeter fence and shouting (inaudible to me what was said) at him. After play restarted I noticed the kid sat/stood in front of the floodlight and for the rest of the game whenever the ball went out of play in that corner again he would stay where he was and let the players retrieve the ball, I'm guessing due to the fact that would've brought him back into view of the aforementioned idiots.

Well yes actually, I would like to see a bit more than mere conjecture to establish that 'constant abuse' was actually targeted at your delicate little flower. I'm a stickler for pesky evidence to back up wild claims. I strongly suspect that you're exaggerating for effect, which is the now standard deflection tactic for diddy fans when The Only Show In Town turns them over these days. Like when the racist Peterhead fans started hand-wringing in the same vein after their pumping last season.

In any case, nothing changes the fact that you are responsible for your child in a public, adult setting. Do your own job properly rather than continuing your shrieking, Helen Lovejoy hysterics on here.

Very interesting, so how many kids have you got,then?

That was a huge three points, regardless of how we played.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how well we've handled ourselves so far. Saturday is another vitally important game where we have to be aiming for maximum points.

Archived