Alloa v Morton

I'd class this game as more of a 'mustn't lose' rather than a 'must-win' although I'm hoping Danny is going to get the players fired up for this and obviously go for the win. I must say after the last few games I'm more hopeful than expectant unfortunately. The team seems to be lacking in confidence right now and as has been mentioned already, we really need to score first to have a chance in games as we are folding very easily (and quickly!) once conceding.

Regarding last season's play-offs, we lost twice and won twice and only scraped through both ties by one goal in each. We were good at Brechin but poor at home, although having a two-goal lead going into it meant we were set up a little more hesitant than we probably should've been. Forfar seemed to have that same problem against us in the second leg of the final but if we hadn't scored our winner at the end on the ninety then Forfar would've probably made their man-advantage count in extra-time.

Haven't checked Morton's results against those teams last season but the league table doesn't lie and having watched Friday night's match on Alba, I'm more worried about them than I am St. Mirren.

Prediction: 2-2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we've beaten a Championship team that's a psychological problem for the players out of the way, I'm really hopeful of two wins from the next two games now. If we can manage that we'll have a wee bit of space between ourselves and ninth.

Alloa looked pretty good in despatching seaside league diddies in last season's play-offs . We need to show that we're significantly better than those outfits or perhaps take advantage of a weaker Alloa side now. I haven't paid attention to their transfer dealings but they've certainly had a rancid start.

I'm not convinced that we'll comfortably win any match without Tidser being available, so will go for a draw.

Different team now with the best players from that side having mostly moved on.

To be fair, Dunning, it's a pretty similar story to that which many were telling at this stage LAST season as well, and yet we won the league (well, eventually).

I think we are likely to end up in 7th or 8th place this season. Meanwhile, I think we'll have the better of the game on Saturday and hopefully end up with a narrow win. Not expecting many goals but it's time Denny and Peaso converted a chance or two.

That we have been competitive against everyone we have played apart maybe from Dumbarton if we can find a striker before the window closes, we might do better than 7th/8th. If not, I am inclined to agree.

We've got to get something out of this game on Saturday. Hopefully he starts Duffy up front with Chopra and brings Kader into midfield. Kader must be getting pissed off seeing players like Fearns and Layne getting game time ahead of him.

2-1 Duffy and Chopra.

We've got to get something out of this game on Saturday. Hopefully he starts Duffy up front with Chopra and brings Kader into midfield. Kader must be getting pissed off seeing players like Fearns and Layne getting game time ahead of him.

2-1 Duffy and Chopra.

Tbf kader has looked pish...

Tbf kader has looked pish...

He's not been alone.

Although he's just joined and should be given a bit of leeway. We've known how pish Layne and Fearns are for quite some time.

I'm tempted to put us down as my team to win for this week's Last Man Standing.

Sanity check - on a scale of One to Reynard, how crazy does this sound?

Going to miss this as I'm off to Paolo Nutini tomorrow. Not sure whether I'm confident or not and I think this could be the game to get our first win on the board to kickstart the season. I assume Morton will probably be the same though.

Probably a boring 0-0 on the cards.

I'm tempted to put us down as my team to win for this week's Last Man Standing.

I don't know who you are. I don't know why you'd do that. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have much money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very medium-length career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't choose Alloa in Last Man Standing that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you do, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you!

2-1 Duffy and Chopra.

I thought for a brief moment our manager had resigned and gone back to playing...

I don't know who you are. I don't know why you'd do that. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have much money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very medium-length career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't choose Alloa in Last Man Standing that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you do, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you!

My apologies, Mr Neeson :shutup

"very medium-length career" :lol:

I really fancy us to win tomorrow. No idea why. No slight on Morton, who looked OK on the telly last week, and certainly not because we've even looked capable of beating our meat successfully so far. Just a feeling.

So, 0-4 to Morton, then :(

Archived