Alloa v Morton

Cheers for the 3 points, I know we're rotten but your lot made us look like Real Madrid today! If we finished our chances/got people on the other end of the crosses it could've finished 3 or 4 nil.

Shoutout to the Alloa fans behind the goal with the top 'banter'.

And GIRUY to your keeper, time wasting roaster.

Onto next week :)

You will witness it turned into an art form when you visit Livingston next week.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for the 3 points, I know we're rotten but your lot made us look like Real Madrid today! If we finished our chances/got people on the other end of the crosses it could've finished 3 or 4 nil.

Shoutout to the Alloa fans behind the goal with the top 'banter'.

And GIRUY to your keeper, time wasting roaster.

Onto next week :)

True, but that's the reason why you're in trouble too. We spent most of last season moaning about not finishing chances.

And I don't think that was time-wasting. He just didn't know where to put the bloody thing without it coming straight back again.

True, but that's the reason why you're in trouble too. We spent most of last season moaning about not finishing chances.

And I don't think that was time-wasting. He just didn't know where to put the bloody thing without it coming straight back again.

Plenty of times after we'd pressurised Alloa's attempts to play it short, a long punt found an Alloa man in the midfield. On account of the fact that our midfield was non-existent for large parts of the match.

I'm very pleasantly surprised with our start, but there's still plenty of work to do - we've scored twice in 4 games, although our defence seem alright. Gasparotto looks very solid.

Anyway, that's a huge 3 points and another 3 against Livingston would give us an incredibly positive start to the season.

Just like last week, we played okay in the first half and contributed little in the second. We could've played until midnight and not scored the way things were going. We desperately need the first goal in a game now and we got close a couple of times in the first half with two or three good moves, Chopra hit a decent effort with one of them but other players seem to scuff their shots or choose the wrong option. A couple of handball penalty shouts too, one would've been very soft but the other was a decent shout.

Morton actually had two or three very good chances in the first five minutes and we could've been on a real hiding today if they'd converted them. Their confidence would've been sky-high and ours would've been non-existent. Morton (despite getting the three points) are probably unhappy at only managing to beat such a lacklustre side as we were today by only one goal.

Play like we did today for the rest of the season and we could be looking at one of the lowest point totals over a season for this division, joining the likes of Stranraer or Brechin I think it was for that unwanted statistic.

We've got about 4 or 5 good players and the rest are simply jersey-fillers at the moment.

Was good to see that Reintam was playing instead of Hill at centre half today alongside Marr and reckon they both played well together (and here was me thinking Danny didn't read my posts on here :ph34r: ).

Even if it's the right option on for him, Chopra looks like he doesn't even want to let go of the ball anymore because he knows possession will probably be lost. We really need Lennon to sign another striker to help him out, and quickly! If he doesn't, I'd be tempted to throw Hynd into the mix, nothing to lose and he'd be hungry to make an impact at this level and would probably be more effectual than Layne or Mitchell.

Mitchell starting is like starting a man down, for a guy his size he simply doesn't use it to any effect whatsoever. No matter which team we've played against, he's constantly out-jumped for the ball by guys a foot smaller than him (I use the word 'jump' here very loosely by the way!). Extremely awkward and immobile and he's prone to the odd rush of blood to the head as well.

Hamilton is not the answer at left back either, and I'm not just unfairly comparing him to Meggatt here. His positioning isn't the best and he's pretty lightweight too. Hetherington, if fit, would be a better option I reckon.

Was talking to a fellow supporter during the first half about how Crawford communicates well with his players (like Bain did) but doesn't command his box very well (unlike Bain). He constantly lets crosses pass through the six yard box in front of him and between his defenders whereas Bain would come and claim for almost everything (even if it wasn't the correct option at times!). Was hard to take that the blame for the goal we lost today probably lies at his feet as it was a high floated free-kick into the box and he had plenty time to come for it, and he even had plenty of time to decide to come for it too. Seemed like slow motion but it has cost us in the end. I still hope he stays as our starting goalkeeper though and DL doesn't change it again.

Although it's still very early in the season and things may end up coming good, at present we're struggling and it's glaringly obvious to our support (and our opposition) that this squad has several weaknesses, and very few threats. Here's hoping messrs Lennon and Mulraney have a masterstroke up their sleeves, and use it soon! Our next match at Dumbarton is already huge (to Alloa anyway) as a 9-point gap between our two clubs after five league games would be a huge blow to us all in my opinion.

Alloa's No. 23 (Layne?) would be better suited in a rugby team. He's a tank. :o

(shame about his footballing ability though...)

That's big Geoffrey

Had that game been on grass we'd have won around 3-0 today.

Just pleased to get the win on a surface where football goes out the window. No failures in the team, and I thought McCluskey, Pepper and Barr were stand outs. We looked far more attack minded once Scullion came on.

The steward who threw the ball on and interrupted an attack ought to get his jotters.

Funny how the Alloa keeper stopped having a stretch before his goal kicks after we had scored.

Had that game been on grass we'd have won around 3-0 today.

Just pleased to get the win on a surface where football goes out the window. No failures in the team, and I thought McCluskey, Pepper and Barr were stand outs. We looked far more attack minded once Scullion came on.

The steward who threw the ball on and interrupted an attack ought to get his jotters.

Funny how the Alloa keeper stopped having a stretch before his goal kicks after we had scored.

That incident with the steward was unbelievable. I agree with you, he should get told where to go!

That's two of you now who have given Crawford stick about his goal-kicks though. He hasn't just started doing that stretch today, he does it often, whether it's 0-0 or 4-2 or whatever. Accusing him of time-wasting at 0-0 is rather insulting. I was still hoping we'd (by some miracle) fashion a chance and win the game but Morton were the better team and I can't say they didn't deserve the points. By the same logic, the Morton supporters who gave the little Alloa ball-boy stick during the game should be hung, drawn and quartered.

That incident with the steward was unbelievable. I agree with you, he should get told where to go!

That's two of you now who have given Crawford stick about his goal-kicks though. He hasn't just started doing that stretch today, he does it often, whether it's 0-0 or 4-2 or whatever. Accusing him of time-wasting at 0-0 is rather insulting. I was still hoping we'd (by some miracle) fashion a chance and win the game but Morton were the better team and I can't say they didn't deserve the points. By the same logic, the Morton supporters who gave the little Alloa ball-boy stick during the game should be hung, drawn and quartered.

I was pointing out that he stopped taking the time to have a stretch at 1-0 down. Coincidence?

From my seat I didn't see the ball boy thing. Can you elaborate?

I didn't see anything with a ball boy from where I was sitting either, although I also missed Stef giving our "fans" that had criticised him a hard time too. To say we'd have won by more on grass is taking liberties. Morton would have won by more if the players on the pitch had taken their chances, no more and no less. The game should have been finished by have time but Denny and Stef both wasted very good opportunities. Denny definitely has something about him but finishing isn't his strong point and he needs better support than Stef can give him to be really effective at this level. Mccluskey looked much more comfortable out wide after Scullion had come on and has his positive attributes but he too often he wastes possession or opportunities when attacking. Pepper and Forbes were both excellent today, as were the rest of the backline defensively, but unless someone starts putting chances away early it could lead to a lot of very nervy finishes to games.

There's something up with big Geoff - he looked far more mobile in pre-season, so it's not entirely that he looked good against amateurs and has been funt oot. I jumped higher than him today when a balloon popped. He barely gets beyond a trot. Something's not right IMO, but either way, the amount of game time he's getting implies that DL's already written off our other options up front. Worrying.

Not sure why anyone other than yourself should be held responsible for your clearly delicate sprog. If he can't cope with a lower league Scottish football game without bursting into a flood of tears then you shouldn't allow him to be a ball-boy.

Piss-poor parenting IMO.

1) You've yet to provide evidence or details of this 'constant abuse' so I have nothing to account for.

2) That still wouldn't give you the right to pass off your piss-poor parenting as a collective guilt trip. Take your child into the home end if he's 'distraught' all evening from attending a football match. That's your responsibility, nobody else cares.

The steward thing was one of the most bizarre incidents I've seen at a game. Couple of our supporters were playing keepy ups with the ball, then the steward grabs it, first throws it off the back of someone's head trying to get it on the park, second attempt lobs it right into play when we're breaking up the park. Total fud.

Are you after video evidence??!! It's been mentioned by a few fans on here so surely that's evidence enough that it happened. He was there to be a ball boy, should he just have walked off halfway through the game when he was getting abuse. It was clearly intimidating for a 9 year old, however thats obviously how you treat your kids in Greenock so it's acceptable to you!

Well yes actually, I would like to see a bit more than mere conjecture to establish that 'constant abuse' was actually targeted at your delicate little flower. I'm a stickler for pesky evidence to back up wild claims. I strongly suspect that you're exaggerating for effect, which is the now standard deflection tactic for diddy fans when The Only Show In Town turns them over these days. Like when the racist Peterhead fans started hand-wringing in the same vein after their pumping last season.

In any case, nothing changes the fact that you are responsible for your child in a public, adult setting. Do your own job properly rather than continuing your shrieking, Helen Lovejoy hysterics on here.

Are you after video evidence??!! It's been mentioned by a few fans on here so surely that's evidence enough that it happened. He was there to be a ball boy, should he just have walked off halfway through the game when he was getting abuse. It was clearly intimidating for a 9 year old, however thats obviously how you treat your kids in Greenock so it's acceptable to you!

What actually happened? All I've seen is you saying that your wee man ended up in tears, not any details of why this happened.

Archived