RISE - The "Scottish Syriza"

DeeTillEhDeh

On 05/05/2020 at 19:42, Sunrise said:

Bump.

Their Twitter hasn't been updated in six months - and their web domain has been claimed...

http://rise.scot/

Their education drone James McEnaney - him with the uber smug coupon - is still quite vocal and looking for any excuse to bash Scot Gov. He's gone a bit quiet on his own foray into party politics though.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Other than that there's a long and tedious history of ex leadership of SNP sticking around and making life difficult for the incumbent leadership, 

49 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He's annoying in tone but if he has good points, and sometimes I think he does, I don't see anything wrong with him attacking the government record. The aim is to make things better and that needs a degree of adversarialness, if that's a word (McEnaney would know probably).

The second post that I have quoted is exactly what I was thinking when reading the first.

I think it helps build the strengths of the party and leadership when previous incumbants are free to challenge the current leaders.  This is irrespective of the underlying reasons for such challenges.  It's character building let's say.

You have got to admire the persistency of the loony left. Even when its clear the electorate isn't interested.
Can't see that party lasting till 2020.

Yep.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, RISE should have worked, but sadly too many egos got in the way and as always the Left couldn’t unite and it belly flopped. Not sure if some have gone back to Labour but there are certainly a lot who have went into Radical Independence and back to the SSP, sad really because fundamentally RISE should have been a success.

Just had a look there and turns out RISE got less votes than Solidarity and the Scottish Christian Party.  I know they didn't reach anywhere near what they'd wanted but I didn't realise they'd done as poorly as that.

Just had a look there and turns out RISE got less votes than Solidarity and the Scottish Christian Party.  I know they didn't reach anywhere near what they'd wanted but I didn't realise they'd done as poorly as that.

The market for pointless leftist protest votes became more competitive while Corbyn was in place

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Is Christian still alive?

Saw him at Ayr Butlins about 45 years ago.

I didn’t know that about the Christian Party however if memory serves me right, a lot of candidates who were going to stand under RISE pulled out weeks before the election and many went on to either stand as Solidarity or Independent candidates, the SSP contingent decided not to stand, so ultimately, come the day of the races, there were very few candidates across Scotland to actually vote for.