RISE - The "Scottish Syriza"

DeeTillEhDeh

As Sunrise said it was a no-win situation. I saw first hand how lacklustre Anne's campaign was in the constituency and Sweeney himself isn't much better tbh. His wee stunt with the GUU tie the other day doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I've followed McEnaney a few times intermittently on Twitter but I always end up unfollowing him. I agree with a lot of what he tweets and he has a pro-Yes/anti-SNP stance which interests me but there's just something about him I find a bit irritating.

What did she do?

Has been made aware time and time again of abusers on the left and within RISE and has elected to ignore it in favour of chasing a media profile and her political career as non-existent as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose it just gets highlighted more because it's the Yes movement, but there are some real zoomers like Cat Boyd, Ross Greer and Angela Haggerty on social media 

This 'yes movement disintegrating' stuff that has filled the papers and social media for the last week seems to be the same people everyday shouting me,look at me!
The names you mentioned seem to have promoted themselves way beyond where any ordinary voter sees them.

39 minutes ago, mjw said:

This 'yes movement disintegrating' stuff that has filled the papers and social media for the last week seems to be the same people everyday shouting me,look at me!
The names you mentioned seem to have promoted themselves way beyond where any ordinary voter sees them.

Yip, totally agree.  Not read his column but Torrance has written the YES movement has disintegrated. Didn't see that coming from him :lol:    

2 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Greers article was astonishing, portraying criticism for Boyd as being rooted in white male privilege as opposed to pointing out that shes just a terrible politician.

Not even a politician. :lol:

I have a bit of time for Greer as his politics are largely sound and less common than they should be in a supposedly progressive parliament but he's well off with Cat Boyd as you said. 

Cat Boyd is embarrassing - has she ever had a proper job? The Brexit gaffe on a live TV debate was ludicrous as was her 'look at me I voted Labour' attempt at garnering publicity. I buy the National about once a week just to support a pro-Indy paper but usually give Boyd's day a miss. She seems to take any criticism of her as 'misogyny' given recent Tweets.

I like the Greens mostly, Harvie and Wightman are good but Greer is a smug, nauseating jumped-up wee nyaff with the charisma of Michael Gove. Gove though has actually had some real life work experience though.

McEnaney is almost as bad as Greer. I disagree with the poster above - I had a wee Twitter debate with him before the election in which he patronised me - basically told me my job. I then asked what the RISE education policy was - this was 6 weeks before Holyrood 16 - and he admitted they still hadn't cobbled it together.

I'm probably in agreement with many of the left's position - anti-Trident, anti-austerity, pro-Nationalisation etc but find most of them to be blawhards and publicity junkies. In typical left-fashion they can't stay united for any length of time.

The Greer whinge in the Herald was ironic too in that Cat Boyd has form for publicly celebrating/ wishing for the death of other politicians, namely Thatcher and Tebbit. Surely it's a bit rich to cry about nasty Twitter trolls when that's what floats your boat.

Cat Boyd is an embarrassing nonentity who's only current function is to try & drum up as much publicity for herself - and only herself - as possible due to how badly the RISE project has gone.

Ross Greer seems to have ideas above both his station & standing, the Greens may have some good policies & be broadly pro-Indy but that doesn't mean there aren't self-serving people among them.

Hold on wee man your boss Harvie ain't likely to be going anywhere any time soon...

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Just out of interest, what does Cat Boyd do to make a living and what did she do pre-2016?  I don't think I'd heard of her before the last Scottish election.

Think she used to paint white lines in Dundee...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/484721/wonder-over-dundees-wonky-white-lines/

There's actually a Wiki page on her. Seems like she was a student. Her mum has a CBE though - fancy that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Boyd

Boyd all over the place again. Guardian column stoking more publicity for her by claiming she voted Corbyn.

But this, just weeks before the election...

Cat Boyd: Jeremy Corbyn has my spiritual vote, but he simply cannot win this election

http://www.thenational.scot/politics/15302106.Cat_Boyd__Jeremy_Corbyn_has_my_spiritual_vote__but_he_simply_cannot_win_this_election/

3 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Boyd all over the place again. Guardian column stoking more publicity for her by claiming she voted Corbyn.

But this, just weeks before the election...

Cat Boyd: Jeremy Corbyn has my spiritual vote, but he simply cannot win this election

http://www.thenational.scot/politics/15302106.Cat_Boyd__Jeremy_Corbyn_has_my_spiritual_vote__but_he_simply_cannot_win_this_election/

I didn't decide to vote Labour until the Sunday before the election. Reckon it was a late choice for a few people especially up here.