RISE - The "Scottish Syriza"

DeeTillEhDeh

For those of you that have not saw the two party political broadcasts from the warring strands of Scotland's lefties, here they are:

RISE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b077rrtc/party-election-broadcasts-rise-scotlands-left-alliance-scottish-parliament-election-2016-14042016

Solidarity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b077rr3x/party-election-broadcasts-solidarity-scottish-parliament-election-2016-13042016

The difference in quality is downright embarrassing. RISE's effort is riddled with mealy mouthed platitudes and only too well shows them to be a student (or those still wishing they were students) party not to be treated seriously.

"I'm voting for RISE, because corporations can't solve climate change." - right, and your point is, fuckwit?

Solidarity's clearly states what the party stands for & spells out what their policies are in a way that are relatable to the voters. You may not like them, or want to vote for them, but at least it's pretty clear what they'll do if elected. Apart from that woman with the yellow teeth, it's attractively put together, & as ever Tommy Sheridan is deft at turning a phrase.

For those of you that have not saw the two party political broadcasts from the warring strands of Scotland's lefties, here they are:

RISE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b077rrtc/party-election-broadcasts-rise-scotlands-left-alliance-scottish-parliament-election-2016-14042016

Solidarity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b077rr3x/party-election-broadcasts-solidarity-scottish-parliament-election-2016-13042016

The difference in quality is downright embarrassing. RISE's effort is riddled with mealy mouthed platitudes and only too well shows them to be a student (or those still wishing they were students) party not to be treated seriously.

"I'm voting for RISE, because corporations can't solve climate change." - right, and your point is, fuckwit?

Solidarity's clearly states what the party stands for & spells out what their policies are in a way that are relatable to the voters. You may not like them, or want to vote for them, but at least it's pretty clear what they'll do if elected. Apart from that woman with the yellow teeth, it's attractively put together, & as ever Tommy Sheridan is deft at turning a phrase.

Very much the same story on Radio Scotland this morning. Tommy explained policies and proposals in the two minutes given to him. Cat Boyd talked about a woman who had her benefits sanctioned and had no money for power cards. She then said something like, "I'm standing because I don't want anyone to be sitting in the dark with no money and no hope". Truly amateurish and shambolic sounding. I'll still be glad if they win a seat & Shagger Sheridan fucks off forever but beginning to wonder if my regional vote would have been better going to Paddy Harvie.

Aye..so he did. He was the Scottish left, they hanged on his coattail for years. Once the dirty was done on him they died.

The dirty wasn't done on him, he put his own false public persona above everything else and then called the people who had supported him for years scabs. The soap opera and splits that followed killed off the left as being able to organise anything resembling a grown up party.

The SSP was a great fit for Sheridan and vice versa. He had the looks, they had the brains. I was sympathetic to him immediately after the split but he's utterly toxic.

Still i'll respect Tommy for reaching to a section of the working class during the referendum.

The SNP would never have reached them in a month of Sunday's.

Notice how many have disappeared back off the register.

Still i'll respect Tommy for reaching to a section of the working class during the referendum.

You're right, I think he could still have a role on single issues and one off public meetings. There are just too many who won't work with him (mostly rightly so) for him to be in any unified party in the future.

I'll agree with most of that.

Basically Tommy is a one-man band who dislikes taking orders (a bit like me).

Could you explain that? - how can ye tell.

No he destroyed the Scottish left for a generation.

He did and although his intention wasn't in the slightest bit altruistic it was pleasing to see "the left" destroyed. These people were of course in fact the far left.

The far left are just as nasty and just as dangerous as the far right.

He did and although his intention wasn't in the slightest bit altruistic it was pleasing to see "the left" destroyed. These people were of course in fact the far left.

The far left are just as nasty and just as dangerous as the far right.

If you mean the BNP/NF/SDL Don't be so fucking stupid. The SSP had 6 MSP's and had policies that are now mainstream in Scottish politics. The far right want a racially pure society where gays, trade unionists & anyone else they don't like are interned or killed. And don't come back with Stalin or the Khmer Rouge cos there was nothing remotely left wing about either.