RISE - The "Scottish Syriza"

DeeTillEhDeh

Basically ad lib is a lost deposit candidate his waffle is about as pointless as his party

I love how the "lost deposit" thing is being used as an insult when East Renfrewshire in 2010 produced the 11th lowest share of the vote for a Lib Dem candidate in Scotland. What exactly were people expecting from me? My parents are of the cloth, but I'm not the Messiah.

Says the guy that posted that Salmond had handed over Balmedie beach. :1eye

And what exactly did the Scottish Govt do when it over turned the local govt decision ?? Or is it only the "dunes" not the whole beach thats the point.Wee Eck ushered in the Trump and the systematic abuse of residents who wouldn't bend over for his money like said Eck. Now its a half arsed golf course and an important ecosystem has been destroyed forever.SNPveryBAD.

I thought it was an excellent post which I would have been way to lazy/uninformed to post.Im still waiting on its debunking as well which is excellent also.

Given it was in reply to one of my posts, maybe you think it's up to me to try and "debunk" it but I asked a genuine question and it looks like Ad Lib has tried to give a genuine answer. Why would I automatically try to 'debunk' it because you think the answer is awkward for me, given which party I support? It's idiots like you who have automatic responses to posts based on who the poster is or what their views are, rather than the content of the post.

I love how the "lost deposit" thing is being used as an insult when East Renfrewshire in 2010 produced the 11th lowest share of the vote for a Lib Dem candidate in Scotland. What exactly were people expecting from me? My parents are of the cloth, but I'm not the Messiah.

Still, you gave us the pleasure of a glimpse into your smashing sweater collection when you were pictured with Nick Clegg.

For that alone, I thank you.

Dont you like being reminded of your utter failure?

Complains about council tax freeze forgets what his own shower were pledging last scottish elections type of reply

Im waiting on the SNP to deliver on the rhetoric of "redistribution" which they manifestly have not done at Holyrood.Pointing at Labour policy is fine but the SNP are in a position to carry theirs out.Again no debunking of basic points.

PS looking forward to pumping you at weekend......at Somerset of course.

Wow. I guess 60% of people in the polls are stupid.

Or.........

Well tbf, it's to the advantage of the economically and politically powerful to have things that way. There is a reason why MSM is dumbed down and schools don't teach you to critically think. It's all about making sure the legitimacy of certain institutions and practices are never meaningfully called into question.

Edited by Fotbawmad

And what exactly did the Scottish Govt do when it over turned the local govt decision ?? Or is it only the "dunes" not the whole beach thats the point.Wee Eck ushered in the Trump and the systematic abuse of residents who wouldn't bend over for his money like said Eck. Now its a half arsed golf course and an important ecosystem has been destroyed forever.SNPveryBAD.

Trump already owned it.

Apart from 'debunk' what other words did you learn from The Daily Record today? 'Boffin', 'beak', 'slammed'?

Actually I read everything from the SUN through to the Guardian most days.I like to know what everyone is being fed by their chosen mouthpiece.Im off now but if you or anyone else comes up with answers to the various questions about the lack of redistributive policy at Holyrood feel free.Or maybe just post some "banter" instead for deflective purposes.

Im waiting on the SNP to deliver on the rhetoric of "redistribution" which they manifestly have not done at Holyrood.Pointing at Labour policy is fine but the SNP are in a position to carry theirs out.Again no debunking of basic points.

PS looking forward to pumping you at weekend......at Somerset of cours

What sort of re-distributive policies are you hoping for next year ? I assume because you're waiting then you know what you're waiting for.

Still, you gave us the pleasure of a glimpse into your smashing sweater collection when you were pictured with Nick Clegg.

For that alone, I thank you.

My jumpers are brilliant if for no other reason than it led to the Tory candidate making a snarky remark at one of the polling stations about me "dressing up" when I wore an actual suit. I am a #manofthepeople

Dont you like being reminded of your utter failure?

Relative to expectations it wasn't a failure. That's my point. I was brought in to provide a fresh face that would enthuse the local party, raise its morale and generate useful canvass data from which they could begin to wokr out where to focus their resources for the local authority campaigns. On all counts I succeeded, with local party membership up by a third, more than 10 times as much canvass data collected than they had in the last 8 years in East Renfrewshire and the current crop now working on their first residents' survey in recent memory. Add to that the boost I gave to their social media infrastructure and they are very pleased with the work I did for them.

This election was never about keeping the deposit. When I was approached to stand my agent said it would be nothing short of a miracle if we did. The national swing against Lib Dem candidates was greater than the share of the vote secured in East Ren in 2010. To keep the deposit we would have had to have bucked several national trends and spent a lot more money than we did. We had absolutely no intention of setting unrealistic goals.

Because of the existence of the personal allowance, every single tax power Holyrood has ever had had the capacity explicitly to be redistributive.

The old variable rate would have redistributed in favour of the poor had it been raised. The Scottish rate of income tax if exercised per Calman would do the same, and once the Smith proposal comes into place, there will be near total freedom to use the largest tax by revenue raising to redistribute from the rich to the poor.

Is Holyrood's current income tax power (or powers potentially available) to change each rate by up to 3% or just the base rate?

It's a fair argument that the personal allowance means any raise in income tax is redistributive but in reality, with a fairly low allowance, it's arguable that just bumping the base rate doesn't do a great deal for those who're earning above the allowance but are still short of or just below the pretty low median income?

Whilst a 2% rise in IT would obviously bring someone on £20k and someone on £40k's after tax income closer, it's likely that the squeeze on the lower earner's income would be harder felt is it not?

Actually I read everything from the SUN through to the Guardian most days.I like to know what everyone is being fed by their chosen mouthpiece.Im off now but if you or anyone else comes up with answers to the various questions about the lack of redistributive policy at Holyrood feel free.Or maybe just post some "banter" instead for deflective purposes.

What questions are you talking about?

PS looking forward to pumping you at weekend......at Somerset of course.

Are you being serious?

Political parties redistributing wealth!!!

The day a government party says £13 an hour minimum wage i'll believe it.

Once asked my ex Labour MP about this and i thought he was going to faint.