RISE - The "Scottish Syriza"

DeeTillEhDeh

As with all "left" parties, it'll disappear up its own erse as they all eventually squabble with each other. The SSP and all the various communist parties are excellent examples of this. Too much ego with the left, and no idea of how to work together. Although I think that the SNP have done a pretty good job (certainly compared to "Scottish" Labour, they have), they probably need someone to keep them on their toes...but I can't see RISE filling that role.

Whilst I don't necessarily 100% agree with all you say, I concede all the points you make, specifically around state ownership.

Brian Souter would close his homophobic cheque book at the first sniff of returning transport to state control so it wont be on the SNP agenda anytime soon.Although it was until said chequebook came out.

Whilst I don't necessarily 100% agree with all you say, I concede all the points you make, specifically around state ownership.

Brian Souter would close his homophobic cheque book at the first sniff of returning transport to state control so it wont be on the SNP agenda anytime soon.Although it was until said chequebook came out.

Bloody P&B app.

:lol:

Leaving aside your fumbly auld fingers for the moment, well played on quoting so well from the "Big Book of SNPbad for Boys".

:lol:

Leaving aside your fumbly auld fingers for the moment, well played on quoting so well from the "Big Book of SNPbad for Boys".

Aye its several volumes rather than one book.Very much in the factual section.Maybe you can enlighten me on some other reason the SNP turned tail on that.

Aye its several volumes rather than one book.Very much in the factual section.Maybe you can enlighten me on some other reason the SNP turned tail on that.

Couldn't tell you m9, I don't work for the SNP.

Probably because Souter's a homophobe or Salmond's fat with an old wife. Something like that.

Couldn't tell you m9, I don't work for the SNP.

Probably because Souter's a homophobe or Salmond's fat with an old wife. Something like that.

Although both of your statements are true I suspect you know its another reason.Money related as in "he who payed the fat piper called the tune".

A bit of victim blaming earlier on the thread.

Sheridan's downfall was 100% of his own making and the ensuing debacle can be laid squarely at the door of the CWI and SWP, who opted to split SSP for pathetically short sighted reasons.

Just imagine what Souter would do if equal marriage was passed in Scotland.

In fairness, that doesn't affect his bottom line. This is precisely why gay marriage went from "illegal everywhere" to "legal across most of the western world" within less than a decade - it was only practical for rich bigots to oppose it for so long. I don't doubt Souter would withdraw his support for the SNP entirely were they to propose renationalising the buses. Nor would I grudge him it, actually.

If this mob can snap up the Fuzzy Afro type ragers that the media desparately try to characterise all SNP voters as like, that would be just swell. They can get those 100 votes per constituency or whatever and The Only Show In Town can continute breaking the BBC's infographics on election night and not have to worry about The Daily Mail and Scotsman's sit about on Twitter department.

Is this certain sections of the the SNP wanting to go back to its wee tartan heather shortbread Billy Wolf days.

Not so sure about that, as RISE will draw on the experience of the RIC, who were very good at canvassing and networking during the referendum, they should be able to drum up some support that way.

RIC was made up of many different people including snp,green and even labour voters/members. Add to that the Sheridan tendency

Rise won't be able to draw on anything like the resource RIC were able to.

That said i would quite like them to maybe take a seat in Glasgow or WoS

In fairness, that doesn't affect his bottom line. This is precisely why gay marriage went from "illegal everywhere" to "legal across most of the western world" within less than a decade - it was only practical for rich bigots to oppose it for so long. I don't doubt Souter would withdraw his support for the SNP entirely were they to propose renationalising the buses. Nor would I grudge him it, actually.

Trump kinda lost it with Wee Eck when he handed over Balmedie beach trampling over the locals then revealed the offshore windfarm project.The Donald obviously thought he'd "bought" Wee Eck.Suspect Brian has. Edited by Loondave1